|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food item from her mother's play does the author describe her family eating all summer in Chapter 6?
(a) Potato salad.
(b) Cucumber sandwiches.
(c) Gingersnap cookies.
(d) Roast beef sandwiches.
2. What gift does the author describe having bought for herself after receiving a letter from her mother after coming out in Chapter 3?
(a) A pair of earrings.
(b) A men's suit.
(c) A Swiss army knife.
(d) A book.
3. Who is the playwright for Morning's at Seven, which the author recalls her mother rehearsing for in Chapter 5?
(a) Gerald Kimble.
(b) Wallace Shawn.
(c) Edward Albee.
(d) Paul Osborn.
4. Who wrote As I Lay Dying?
(a) E. H. Shepard.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) E. M. Forster.
5. Over what mountains does the author describe her sunrise rising as a child in Chapter 5?
(a) Over the Bald Eagle Mountains.
(b) Over the Cascade Mountains.
(c) Over the Scott Mountains.
(d) Over the White Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. In one of the illustrated panels in Chapter 1, the author says, "When I grow up, my house is going to be all metal, like" what?
2. What was the Alison Bechdel's mother's favorite poem?
3. How did F. Scott Fitzgerald die?
4. Who authored the novel Orlando: A Biography?
5. What does the word "qualmish" mean in Chapter 3?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)