|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an aspect of her obsessive-compulsive disorder, what did the author avoid at all costs?
(a) Books and letters that began with "M."
(b) Odd numbers and multiples of 13.
(c) Cracks in the sidewalk.
(d) Newspaper articles about the war.
2. Over how many years does the author say her father restored their home?
3. Who is the "smooth-talking fortune hunter" in The Heiress that the author describes in Chapter 3?
(a) Morris Townsend.
(b) James Waldrop.
(c) Edgar Spency.
(d) William James.
4. Who was the best man at Bruce Bechdel's wedding?
5. At whose apartment did the author's family stay when they visited New York in 1976?
(a) Mary's apartment.
(b) Emma's apartment.
(c) Elly's apartment.
(d) Sara's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skillful craftsman and artist from Greek mythology does the author compare her father to in Chapter 1?
2. What is the answer to the question posed in Chapter 7: "Who's Mr. Antolini?"
3. What profession did Bruce Bechdel have other than being a teacher?
4. On what day does the author describe her father's hearing in Chapter 6?
5. Where did the author's mother tell her they might move because of her father's court hearing in Chapter 6?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)