|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the babysitter that Alison Bechdel's mother described her father having an affair with during their phone call in Chapter 3?
2. Of what material was Bruce Bechtel's tombstone made?
3. What aromas does the author describe her father having smelled of in Chapter 1?
(a) Sawdust and sweat and designer cologne.
(b) Car grease and toothpaste and soap.
(c) Fish, eggs, and laundry.
(d) Laundry soap, wool, and attic dust.
4. What classic movie with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed does the author allude to in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.
(b) Rear Window.
(c) It's a Wonderful Life.
5. Whom did the author's mother get angry about Bruce wanting to invite to their home in Chapter 6?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His student.
(c) His therapist.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author compares her aesthetic to her father's in Chapter 1, saying that she was Spartan to her father's what?
2. In what year did Bruce Bechdel die?
3. Whose father delivered a note accusing Oscar Wilde of being a sodomite, which later led to a libel suit?
4. What profession did Bruce Bechdel have other than being a teacher?
5. What month was it when the author got her first period?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)