|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alison Bechdel inform her parents that she was gay?
(a) By letter.
(b) By telling them in person.
(c) By phone call.
(d) By email.
2. Whose autobiography does the author describe her father giving to her in Chapter 7?
(a) Anaïs Nin's.
(b) Gilbert Osmond's.
(c) E. M. Forster's.
3. Who wrote As I Lay Dying?
(a) E. H. Shepard.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) William Faulkner.
(d) E. M. Forster.
4. What food item from her mother's play does the author describe her family eating all summer in Chapter 6?
(a) Cucumber sandwiches.
(b) Potato salad.
(c) Roast beef sandwiches.
(d) Gingersnap cookies.
5. What gift did the author's mother give to Joan immediately after Bruce's funeral?
(a) A book.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the play The American Dream that the author's mother is seen reading in a panel in Chapter 5?
2. How does the author describe Joan after their meeting in Chapter 3?
3. The title of Chapter 2: "A Happy Death," alludes to a novel written by what author?
4. How does the author describe her father's headstone in Chapter 2?
5. What is the title of Chapter 5?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)