|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says in Chapter 1 that being raised by her father was not like being raised by Jimmy Stewart but by whom?
(a) Amanda Stewart.
(b) Donna Reed.
(c) Bette Davis.
(d) Martha Stewart.
2. What television show does the author describe as "the dumbest T.V. show in the world. Next to the Brady Bunch" in Chapter 6?
(a) Mork and Mindy.
(b) Sonny and Cher.
(c) The Jeffersons.
(d) All in the Family.
3. What was the Alison Bechdel's mother's favorite poem?
(a) "Death is the Mother of Beauty."
(b) "Annabel Lee."
(c) "Two Roads Diverged."
(d) "Sunday Morning."
4. What kind of truck was involved in Bruce Bechdel's death?
(a) A Sunbeam Bread truck.
(b) A Getty Gas truck.
(c) A Duncan Hines truck.
(d) A Borden Milk truck.
5. What profession did Bruce Bechdel have other than being a teacher?
(a) He was a butcher.
(b) He was a professional musician.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was a funeral director.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did the author's mother give to Joan immediately after Bruce's funeral?
2. How far away from her childhood home was the "pre-clean air act paper mill" that the author describes in Chapter 5?
3. Consider the following sentence from Chapter 1: "His shame inhabited our house as pervasively and invisibly as the aromatic must of aging mahogany." What literary device is used in this sentence?
4. What gift does the author describe having bought for herself after receiving a letter from her mother after coming out in Chapter 3?
5. Whose autobiography does the author describe her father giving to her in Chapter 7?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)