|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the imaginary names that the author and her friend Beth used when they dressed in her father's clothing in Chapter 6?
(a) Jimmy Richards and Pauly Ocean.
(b) Rocky Raccoon and Ricky Waters.
(c) Elsa Gidlow and James Spader.
(d) Billy McKean and Bobby McCool.
2. What had Bruce Bechdel been recording on the tape that the author's mother discovered after his death in Chapter 5?
(a) A book that he had written.
(b) An audition for a play.
(c) A journal entry.
(d) A tour guide for a museum.
3. How long after Bruce Bechdel's trial did Nixon resign as President?
(a) Five days later.
(b) Three days later.
(c) Two days later.
(d) Two weeks later.
4. What did Bruce Bechdel teach?
5. Who is the author of The Well of Loneliness?
(a) Elsa Gidlow.
(b) Radclyffe Hall.
(c) Morris Townsend.
(d) James Joyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says of her father in Chapter 1, "He used his skillful artifice not to make things, but to make things appear to be" what?
2. What novel is the play The Heiress based on?
3. How far away from her childhood home was the "pre-clean air act paper mill" that the author describes in Chapter 5?
4. What grade does the author describe getting on her algebra test in her diary entry in Chapter 6?
5. Consider the following sentence from Chapter 1: "His shame inhabited our house as pervasively and invisibly as the aromatic must of aging mahogany." What literary device is used in this sentence?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)