|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an aspect of her obsessive-compulsive disorder, what did the author avoid at all costs?
(a) Cracks in the sidewalk.
(b) Books and letters that began with "M."
(c) Newspaper articles about the war.
(d) Odd numbers and multiples of 13.
2. How many residents does the author describe in her hometown in Chapter 5?
3. How far away from her childhood home was the "pre-clean air act paper mill" that the author describes in Chapter 5?
(a) 10 miles away.
(b) 20 miles away.
(c) 30 miles away.
(d) 5 miles away.
4. By the end of what month does the author say her "earnest diary entries had given way to the implicit lie of the blank page" in Chapter 6?
5. Who is the heroine in Henry James's The Portrait of a Lady?
(a) Emily Wharton.
(b) Edna Waldrop.
(c) Marie Antoinette.
(d) Isabel Archer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month was it when the author got her first period?
2. Who is the author of The Well of Loneliness?
3. Where is the home where Alison Bechdel grew up?
4. Alison Bechdel's Fun Home is a graphic memoir that is filled with literary allusions. What book by James Joyce is alluded to with the title of Chapter 1: "Old Father, Old Artificer"?
5. What word from Chapter 5 means resembling sunlight?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)