|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the author describe the energy crisis and the year-round daylight savings it entailed in Chapter 5?
2. Who is the author of The Well of Loneliness?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Morris Townsend.
(c) Radclyffe Hall.
(d) Elsa Gidlow.
3. What does the author claim was her father's passion but not his job in Chapter 1?
(a) Clothing design.
(c) Historical restoration.
(d) Drinking Scotch.
4. On what street did the author grow up?
(a) Riverview Avenue.
(b) Maple Avenue.
(c) Willow Street.
(d) Anderson Street.
5. What was the Alison Bechdel's mother's favorite poem?
(a) "Death is the Mother of Beauty."
(b) "Sunday Morning."
(c) "Annabel Lee."
(d) "Two Roads Diverged."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the home where Alison Bechdel grew up?
2. What month was it when the author finally told her mother that she'd started her period?
3. Who is the author of Delta of Venus?
4. What childhood fictional character does Joan describe as "a total imperialist" in the panel from page 80?
5. What vision compelled the author in the dream she describes in Chapter 5?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)