|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says in Chapter 3, "Dad was passionate about many writers, but he had a particular reverence for" whom?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
2. What interstate does the author describe having been blasted through the ridge beyond hers in Chapter 5?
(a) Interstate 101.
(b) Interstate 150.
(c) Interstate 80.
(d) Interstate 67.
3. What was Helen Bechdel's maiden name?
4. Who wrote Alison Bechdel's mother's favorite poem?
(a) T. S. Elliot.
(b) Wallace Stevens.
(c) Elsa Gidlow.
(d) E. M. Forster.
5. What classic movie with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed does the author allude to in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.
(c) It's a Wonderful Life.
(d) Rear Window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What television show does the author describe as "the dumbest T.V. show in the world. Next to the Brady Bunch" in Chapter 6?
2. Where was the author in Europe when she convinced her parents for the right to trade a tank suit for shorts at the beach?
3. Where did the author's mother tell her they might move because of her father's court hearing in Chapter 6?
4. What was the name of Bruce Bechdel's brother?
5. What does the word "lacuna" mean as used in Chapter 6?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)