|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what religion did the author's mother ascribe?
(d) Christian Scientist.
2. What was the name of Bruce Bechdel's brother?
3. How does the author describe her father's headstone in Chapter 2?
(a) It is a Celtic cross.
(b) It is a star.
(c) It is a Catholic cross.
(d) It is an obelisk.
4. Who is the babysitter that Alison Bechdel's mother described her father having an affair with during their phone call in Chapter 3?
5. Who is the "smooth-talking fortune hunter" in The Heiress that the author describes in Chapter 3?
(a) William James.
(b) Morris Townsend.
(c) Edgar Spency.
(d) James Waldrop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author's mother study acting?
2. In what year did Bruce Bechdel die?
3. How old was the author when her father died?
4. Of what material was Bruce Bechtel's tombstone made?
5. The author directly correlates the embellishments of her childhood home to what in Chapter 1?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)