|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What film does the author describe her parents taking the family to see when it opened in 1974?
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) The Maltese Falcon.
(d) To Have and Have Not.
2. What word from Chapter 1 refers to skillful use of one's hands when performing conjuring tricks?
3. What does the author describe her father rinsing her with in the bathtub as a child in Chapter 1?
(a) A red bucket.
(b) A white plastic cup.
(c) A purple metal cup.
(d) A blue bucket.
4. What gift does the author describe having bought for herself after receiving a letter from her mother after coming out in Chapter 3?
(a) A men's suit.
(b) A Swiss army knife.
(c) A pair of earrings.
(d) A book.
5. How did Alison Bechdel inform her parents that she was gay?
(a) By telling them in person.
(b) By letter.
(c) By phone call.
(d) By email.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was F. Scott Fitzgerald when he died?
2. The author says of her father in Chapter 1, "He used his skillful artifice not to make things, but to make things appear to be" what?
3. The author compares her aesthetic to her father's in Chapter 1, saying that she was Spartan to her father's what?
4. The author says in Chapter 1 that being raised by her father was not like being raised by Jimmy Stewart but by whom?
5. What classic movie with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed does the author allude to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)