|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author compares her aesthetic to her father's in Chapter 1, saying that she was Spartan to her father's what?
2. What author had Bruce Bechdel become immersed in the year before he died?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Marcel Proust.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. How long prior to his death did Bruce Bechdel's wife ask him for a divorce?
(a) 2 months prior.
(b) 2 days prior.
(c) 1 week prior.
(d) 2 weeks prior.
4. What was the name of Bruce Bechdel's brother?
5. The author writes in Chapter 1 that "In the circus, acrobatics where one person lies on the floor balancing another are called" what?
(a) "Homeric Games."
(b) "Daedalus Games."
(c) "Epicurian Games."
(d) "Icarian Games."
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what material was Bruce Bechtel's tombstone made?
2. When did Alison Bechdel's parents purchase their home?
3. What is the name of the author's brother who is a year younger than her?
4. What classic movie with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed does the author allude to in Chapter 1?
5. How old was the author when her father died?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)