|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Bruce Bechdel die?
2. Of her father, the author writes in Chapter 1, "... my brothers and I were free labor. Dad considered us extensions of his own body, like" what?
(a) "Hairy fingertips."
(b) "Precision robot arms."
(c) "Enslaved legs and arms."
(d) "Gilded wings."
3. What skillful craftsman and artist from Greek mythology does the author compare her father to in Chapter 1?
4. What aromas does the author describe her father having smelled of in Chapter 1?
(a) Laundry soap, wool, and attic dust.
(b) Sawdust and sweat and designer cologne.
(c) Fish, eggs, and laundry.
(d) Car grease and toothpaste and soap.
5. How far away was the author in college when her father died?
(a) 10 hours away.
(b) 4 hours away.
(c) 2 hours away.
(d) 5 hours away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what material was Bruce Bechtel's tombstone made?
2. What does the author describe her father rinsing her with in the bathtub as a child in Chapter 1?
3. On what date did the author receive a message to contact her mother immediately because her father had been killed?
4. The author says of her father in Chapter 1, "He used his skillful artifice not to make things, but to make things appear to be" what?
5. Where did the author's mother study acting?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)