|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the focus of the first three chapters of the novel Ulysses?
(a) Stephen Dedalus.
(b) James Fletcher.
(c) Gilbet Osmond.
(d) Morris Townsend.
2. Of her father, the author writes in Chapter 1, "... my brothers and I were free labor. Dad considered us extensions of his own body, like" what?
(a) "Hairy fingertips."
(b) "Precision robot arms."
(c) "Enslaved legs and arms."
(d) "Gilded wings."
3. When did President Nixon resign as a result of the Watergate scandal?
(a) March 16, 1974.
(b) August 9, 1974.
(c) June 29, 1967.
(d) September 12, 1973.
4. How long after Bruce Bechdel's trial did Nixon resign as President?
(a) Two weeks later.
(b) Five days later.
(c) Three days later.
(d) Two days later.
5. What was the name of Bruce Bechdel's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aromas does the author describe her father having smelled of in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the playwright for Morning's at Seven, which the author recalls her mother rehearsing for in Chapter 5?
3. What term from Chapter 5 refers to a disorder characterized by rapid, uncoordinated jerking movements primarily affecting the face, hands and feet?
4. As an aspect of her obsessive-compulsive disorder, what did the author avoid at all costs?
5. What play was the author's mother performing in when the family went to New York in 1976?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)