|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what event did Bruce Bechdel take his family to New York in 1976?
(a) A St. Patrick's Day parade.
(b) The Bicentennial celebration.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) A Gay Pride parade.
2. On what day does the author describe her father's hearing in Chapter 6?
(a) May 12.
(b) June 14.
(c) September 4.
(d) August 6.
3. What gift did the author's mother give to Joan immediately after Bruce's funeral?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A book.
(d) A ring.
4. Where was the apartment located that the author's family stayed at in New York in 1976?
(a) On Christopher Street.
(b) On Bleecker Street.
(c) On Broadway.
(d) On Houston Street.
5. What had Bruce Bechdel been recording on the tape that the author's mother discovered after his death in Chapter 5?
(a) An audition for a play.
(b) A book that he had written.
(c) A journal entry.
(d) A tour guide for a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose apartment did the author's family stay when they visited New York in 1976?
2. In one of the illustrated panels in Chapter 1, the author says, "When I grow up, my house is going to be all metal, like" what?
3. As an aspect of her obsessive-compulsive disorder, what did the author avoid at all costs?
4. How does the author describe her father's headstone in Chapter 2?
5. What does the author describe putting deadlines for on her wall calendar at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)