|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an aspect of her obsessive-compulsive disorder, what did the author avoid at all costs?
(a) Cracks in the sidewalk.
(b) Books and letters that began with "M."
(c) Odd numbers and multiples of 13.
(d) Newspaper articles about the war.
2. Who is the author of The Well of Loneliness?
(a) Radclyffe Hall.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Morris Townsend.
(d) Elsa Gidlow.
3. Whom does the author describe Athena visiting to nudge him to find his long-lost father in Chapter 7?
4. How old was the author when her "actual obsessive-compulsive disorder began"?
5. What play does the author describe her parents going to see at the Playhouse in Chapter 6?
(a) The Importance of Being Earnest.
(b) No Sex Please, We're British.
(c) Cowboy Mouth.
(d) Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Bruce Bechdel's brother?
2. At what time of the day does Bruce Bechdel's obituary cite him as dying?
3. How frequently do locusts appear and swarm?
4. Who is the "cultured, dissipated, and penniless European art collector" that the heroine marries in The Portrait of a Lady?
5. Who is the heroine in Henry James's The Portrait of a Lady?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)