|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author describes her childhood home as being built in a brief moment of wealth from the lumber industry in what year?
2. Why did the author complain about the wallpaper her father chose for her room in Chapter 1?
(a) It was blue with stripes.
(b) It was solid red.
(c) It was pink with flowers.
(d) It was green and white dots.
3. What author had Bruce Bechdel become immersed in the year before he died?
(a) Marcel Proust.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
4. At what age does Bechdel describe her first foray into poetry in Chapter 5?
(a) At age 11.
(b) At age 5.
(c) At age 9.
(d) At age 7.
5. What is the name of the author's brother who is a year younger than her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who authored the novel Orlando: A Biography?
2. What did Bruce Bechdel teach?
3. Whom does the author describe Athena visiting to nudge him to find his long-lost father in Chapter 7?
4. Consider the following sentence from Chapter 1: "His shame inhabited our house as pervasively and invisibly as the aromatic must of aging mahogany." What literary device is used in this sentence?
5. What was the Alison Bechdel's mother's favorite poem?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)