|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the home where Alison Bechdel grew up?
(a) Mapleton, MA.
(b) Brigdon, NY.
(c) Beech Creek, PA.
(d) New Hope, PA.
2. The author describes her childhood home as being built in a brief moment of wealth from the lumber industry in what year?
3. Where was the author in Europe when she convinced her parents for the right to trade a tank suit for shorts at the beach?
4. What novel is the play The Heiress based on?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Washington Square.
(c) To Have and Have Not.
(d) The Sun Also Rises.
5. What does the author describe her father rinsing her with in the bathtub as a child in Chapter 1?
(a) A purple metal cup.
(b) A white plastic cup.
(c) A blue bucket.
(d) A red bucket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gestures of affection does the author describe witnessing between her parents in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the author's youngest brother?
3. What kind of truck was involved in Bruce Bechdel's death?
4. How does the author describe Joan after their meeting in Chapter 3?
5. How old was Alison Bechdel when she realized she was a lesbian?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)