|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the author in Europe when she convinced her parents for the right to trade a tank suit for shorts at the beach?
2. In one of the illustrated panels in Chapter 1, the author says, "When I grow up, my house is going to be all metal, like" what?
(a) "A silo."
(b) "A spaceship."
(c) "A submarine."
(d) "A prison."
3. What childhood fictional character does Joan describe as "a total imperialist" in the panel from page 80?
(a) Jiminy Cricket.
(b) Christopher Robin.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
4. The author says in Chapter 3, "Dad was passionate about many writers, but he had a particular reverence for" whom?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
5. What play were Bruce Bechdel and his wife performing in when they met?
(a) The Tragedy of Macbeth.
(b) Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.
(c) The Taming of the Shrew.
(d) All's Well that Ends Well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aromas does the author describe her father having smelled of in Chapter 1?
2. What does the word "qualmish" mean in Chapter 3?
3. Of her father, the author writes in Chapter 1, "... my brothers and I were free labor. Dad considered us extensions of his own body, like" what?
4. What did Bruce Bechdel teach?
5. How many gestures of affection does the author describe witnessing between her parents in Chapter 3?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)