|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does the author describe coloring the gypsy caravan in the coloring book in Chapter 5?
(a) Midnight blue.
(b) Canary yellow.
(d) Bright purple.
2. What novel is the play The Heiress based on?
(a) To Have and Have Not.
(b) Washington Square.
(c) The Great Gatsby.
(d) The Sun Also Rises.
3. What aromas does the author describe her father having smelled of in Chapter 1?
(a) Sawdust and sweat and designer cologne.
(b) Fish, eggs, and laundry.
(c) Car grease and toothpaste and soap.
(d) Laundry soap, wool, and attic dust.
4. Who is the author of the novel Maurice that is alluded to in Chapter 3?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Radclyffe Hall.
(c) E. M. Forster.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
5. Who is the "cultured, dissipated, and penniless European art collector" that the heroine marries in The Portrait of a Lady?
(a) James Fletcher.
(b) William Anderson.
(c) Gilbet Osmond.
(d) Morris Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The Well of Loneliness?
2. Where did Bruce Bechdel attend college?
3. Over how many years does the author say her father restored their home?
4. What skillful craftsman and artist from Greek mythology does the author compare her father to in Chapter 1?
5. What color did the author's father fill in the gypsy caravan with in the coloring book in Chapter 5?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)