|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an aspect of her obsessive-compulsive disorder, what did the author avoid at all costs?
(a) Books and letters that began with "M."
(b) Newspaper articles about the war.
(c) Cracks in the sidewalk.
(d) Odd numbers and multiples of 13.
2. How old was the author when her "actual obsessive-compulsive disorder began"?
3. What did Bruce Bechdel teach?
4. What author does Bechdel recall reading regarding her obsessive-compulsive disorder when she was a child?
(a) Radclyffe Hall.
(b) Morris Townsend.
(c) E. H. Shepard.
(d) Dr. Spock.
5. How many residents does the author describe in her hometown in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says in Chapter 3, "Dad was passionate about many writers, but he had a particular reverence for" whom?
2. Who is the "cultured, dissipated, and penniless European art collector" that the heroine marries in The Portrait of a Lady?
3. What was the name of Bruce Bechdel's father?
4. What novel is the play The Heiress based on?
5. What term from Chapter 5 refers to a disorder characterized by rapid, uncoordinated jerking movements primarily affecting the face, hands and feet?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)