|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the painted clock at Treblinka station always read?
(a) 1 o'clock.
(b) 9 o'clock.
(c) 12 o'clock.
(d) 3 o'clock.
2. What is the name of Jakob's work that shows Athos' influence?
(a) High Cliffs.
(c) Away is the Night.
(d) Down Below the Water.
3. What do Ben and Petra do inside of getting into the bed?
(a) Make love in the sunroom.
(b) Make love on the floor.
(c) Make love in the gardens.
(d) Dress and go to dinner.
4. What does Ben imagine happening to Petra as a child?
(a) Being made to sit in the corner to dampen down her sensuality.
(b) Being imprinted by lightning.
(c) Being frozen in a pose of beauty.
(d) He cannot imagine her as a child.
5. Of what is Jakob afraid concerning Michaela?
(a) Hurting her.
(b) Giving her too much of himself.
(c) Losing her.
(d) Giving her too little of herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jakob note about how Jews live?
2. Of what does the house remind Ben?
3. How is Naomi described as usually being?
4. What does Michaela do when Jakob tells her about Bella?
5. What is one thing Ben dreads when young?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact does being in Idhra have on Jakob?
2. How are Ben's parents described?
3. How does Jakob "win" Naomi's heart?
4. What is the parable of the rabbi traveling incognito and what is the moral of the parable?
5. Describe Jakob's visions of prisoners going to the gas chamber.
6. What does Ben recall about his father and mother when Ben is growing up?
7. How does being in Jakob's house affect Ben?
8. Describe Ben's futile search for Jakob's journals.
9. What are some facets to Naomi?
10. How does Ben's father escape a Nazi camp?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)