|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michaela do for Ben?
(a) Softens his perceptions of Jakob's pain.
(b) Intensifies his belief in Jakob's vision.
(c) Lets him see the past.
(d) Lets him see the future.
2. With what does Ben write his parents are obsessed?
3. For how long does Ben search for Jakob's journals?
(a) He does not need to search as they are all in shelves in the library.
4. What does making love with Petra do for Ben?
(a) Makes his burdened with anxiety.
(b) Helps him shake free of many lives.
(c) Makes him think he is not human.
(d) Make him believe in her power to command the gods.
5. Of what is Michaela afraid after visiting a museum?
(a) Her culture dying.
(b) At the size of people in centuries past.
(c) Becoming mummified.
(d) Her lands falling into other people's hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the house remind Ben?
2. What can ball lightning do in a room?
3. What is Idhra like in late September?
4. What does Naomi do to escape the heat and humidity?
5. How did people study the nature of lightening up to the eighteenth century?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ben recall about his father and mother when Ben is growing up?
2. What theme does Ben incorporate into his thesis?
3. How are Jakob's initial days in Greece?
4. What is Jakob's work in Greece?
5. How does Jakob relate a theory by Einstein to the Holocaust?
6. How does Ben find Jakob's study?
7. How are Ben's parents described?
8. What does Michaela say about her parents and the pioneer museum?
9. What does Jakob think about concerning a child?
10. Describe Ben's futile search for Jakob's journals.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)