|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jakob look through Athos' library?
(a) At the home of a former Nazi.
(b) In Roussos.
(c) He cannot locate Athos' library.
(d) In the basement of the public library.
2. To what does Maurice suggest that Ben's thesis correlate?
3. What does Ben's father do for a living?
(b) Music conductor.
(d) Train conductor.
4. When does Ben arrive on Idhra?
(a) In the middle of a serious typhoon.
(b) When a stifling air mass is becalmed over the area.
(c) At a time of refreshing winds.
(d) When the tide surges are higher than normal.
5. What reminds Ben of his parents' shoes and mended clothing?
(a) A jumble of sandals in Jakob's study.
(b) Two elderly Jews walking past in the street.
(c) A picture of a medicant preacher.
(d) A description in one of Jakob's journals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ben react to the sight of the harbor at Idhra?
2. What returns to Michaela when she speaks?
3. What is Idhra like in late September?
4. What does Jakob note about how Jews live?
5. What does Ben imagine happening to Petra as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ben's father escape a Nazi camp?
2. What is Salonika and how is it related to Jakob and Michaela?
3. What is the significance of the color yellow?
4. How does Ben find Jakob's study?
5. How are Jakob's initial days in Greece?
6. How does Ben compare Petra's skin and lightning imprints?
7. How are Ben's parents described?
8. What impact does being in Idhra have on Jakob?
9. What is Jakob's work in Greece?
10. Describe Jakob's first meeting with Michaela.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)