|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Phosphorus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Athos take Jakob to Athens?
(a) To contact the Polish embassy.
(b) To search for information about Bella and Aunt Ida's fate.
(c) To register for the University.
(d) To show him some of the ancient Greek architecture.
2. What happens in 1968, which is the opening to Book I?
(a) Jakob stops dreaming.
(b) Jakob meets a girl who reminds him of Bella.
(c) Jakob and Bella enter a soundless, colorful dream.
(d) Jakob meets Athos' only living relative.
3. What does Athos do when he sees Jakob?
(a) Hids Jakob under his coat.
(b) Starts crying.
(c) Tries to shoot Jakob.
(d) Tells Jakob where to find Bella.
4. What does Jakob say every moment is?
(a) A chance.
(b) An opportunity.
(c) Pain relived.
(d) Two moments.
5. Who is Kostas Mitsialis?
(a) The Polish consul.
(b) A Greek Orthodox priest.
(c) An old colleague of Athos.
(d) The mayor of Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what composer was Bella once obsessed?
2. What effect does hearing the old tongue have on Jakob?
3. What does Jakob see ascending?
4. What does Jakob sense one day?
5. What about Jakob does Alex have difficulty accepting?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)