|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Phosphorus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jakob not return to a grocery he shops at?
(a) He misunderstands the grocer's thick accent.
(b) He hears a little boy being cursed as a Jew.
(c) He hates the food they sell.
(d) He hears someone speak German.
2. Who is Palamas?
(a) A priest.
(b) A soldier.
(c) An historian.
(d) A poet.
3. What does Jakob witness as he is hiding?
(a) His baby brother being carried away.
(b) His parents being led away in handcuffs.
(c) The wrecking of the archeological site.
(d) His mother kissing his father before his father is shot.
4. What does Athos insist that Jakob do?
(a) Keep up on his Hebrew.
(b) Keep up on his Greek.
(c) Write down what he remembers of his family.
5. How is the site perfectly preserved?
(a) The occupants intentionally took steps to preserve it.
(b) It has been encased in peat.
(c) It is petrified.
(d) It is only partially preserved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Bearing False Witness"?
2. Around which of Alex's friends does Jakob feel insecure?
3. What does Athos say luck requires?
4. Who hunts down and kills anyone well off?
5. What do Athos and Jakob gather?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)