|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, The Way Station.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the site perfectly preserved?
(a) It is petrified.
(b) The occupants intentionally took steps to preserve it.
(c) It has been encased in peat.
(d) It is only partially preserved.
2. Who is Maurice Salman?
(a) A friend Jakob makes at the University.
(b) A man who survives the holocaust and lives in Greece.
(c) One of Jakob's professors.
(d) Athos' contact in Europe.
3. What often makes Athos feel depressed?
(a) Feeling Jakob pull away from him.
(b) Thinking about Helen.
(c) Seeing Jakob growing away from Jakob's heritage.
(d) Writing about those lost at Biskupin.
4. What does Athos do because he senses he is running out of time?
(a) Contacts his family.
(b) Gets Jakob secure financially.
(c) Sends Jakob out more and more often to become self-sufficient.
(d) Writes his book.
5. What reminds Jakob of his mother and Bella?
(a) Seeing all the Jewish woman coming down from the hills.
(b) Seeing all the Jewish woman coming out of the caves.
(c) Daphne's goodbye squeeze.
(d) A guess from a young woman at the docks.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what composer was Bella once obsessed?
2. How old is Jakob when Athos takes him to Athens?
3. What does Athos say a good deed does?
4. What are Australian and British soldiers described doing?
5. What emerges from Jakob's mind at night?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)