|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, The Way Station.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who deliberately smashes and reburies this site?
(a) The country's government.
(b) The international archeological consortium.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The local government of the region.
2. How does Athos know how to cook food that he forages?
(a) Through trial and error.
(b) From ancient books.
(c) His mother taught him.
(d) He watched his grandmother as a boy.
3. How old is this site?
(a) 2 centuries.
(b) 25 centuries.
(c) 4,000 years.
(d) 10 centuries.
4. How do Jakob and Athos improve Jakob's English?
(a) By listening to the radio.
(b) By only speaking English at home.
(c) By making up characters and stories in English.
(d) By listening to television shows.
5. What does Jakob dream about as he sleeps?
(b) His parents being shot.
(c) The way his mother used to hold him.
(d) His parents being led off in handcuffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Bearing False Witness"?
2. What does Athos say luck requires?
3. Who is Kostas Mitsialis?
4. Where does Jakob sit when Athos goes to town?
5. What does Athos do for relaxation?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)