|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Vertical Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Athos the last?
(a) Those who can interpret a rare hieroglyphic alphabet.
(b) A seafaring family.
(c) His siblings.
(d) Those who can read a specialized Greek.
2. Who preaches freedom at Palamas' funeral?
(d) No one.
3. Who is Helen?
(a) Jakob's one surviving aunt.
(b) Athos' deceased sister.
(c) Athos' deceased wife.
(d) A woman Jakob stays with for several months.
4. Who is Athos?
(a) Jakob's grandfather.
(b) Jakob's uncle.
(c) Bella's contact.
(d) A man Jakob approaches.
5. What does Jakob wonder if remembering does?
(a) Causes him to not go forward.
(b) Causes him to lose sight of beauty.
(c) Causes the dead pain.
(d) Causes him to not forgive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Athos' stories begin to do for Jakob?
2. Where does Athos take Jakob?
3. How does Jakob survive?
4. Where is Jakob's fifteen-year-old sister?
5. Where does Jakob learn to live a normal life as Athos prepares for their move to Canada?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)