|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Vertical Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Athos do when he sees Jakob?
(a) Tries to shoot Jakob.
(b) Starts crying.
(c) Tells Jakob where to find Bella.
(d) Hids Jakob under his coat.
2. What does Jakob sense one day?
(a) That Bella is nearby.
(b) That someone is looking for him.
(c) That Bella has died.
(d) That the evil in the area has left.
3. To whom does Jakob write letters?
(a) The German government after the end of WWII.
(b) The dead.
(c) His cousins in the United States.
(d) No one.
4. What does Athos insist that Jakob do?
(a) Write down what he remembers of his family.
(b) Keep up on his Greek.
(c) Keep up on his Hebrew.
5. What does Athos say a good deed does?
(a) Erases ten bad deeds.
(b) Morally advances the dead.
(c) Morally advances the doer.
(d) Starts a domino effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Athos' stories evoke in Jakob?
2. Who is Jakob Beer?
3. How old is Jakob when Athos takes him to Athens?
4. What does Jakob miss when living with Athos?
5. What does Ioannis tell of losing?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)