|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Vertical Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does being moral consist in the time of the Holocaust?
(a) The tiniest acts.
(b) The greatest acts.
(c) Refusing to participate in evil.
(d) The knowledge of what is happening and changing.
2. What volume does Jakob select to read himself to sleep?
(b) The Stranger.
(d) The Iliad.
3. What does Ben picture about Jakob's journals?
(a) Where Jakob might have sat to write many of the journals.
(b) Where Jakob might have buried them.
(c) Why Jakob burns some of them.
(d) How Jakob was so faithful in recording in them every day.
4. How does Jakob's home influence Jakob?
(a) It gives him a belief in the future.
(b) It gives him a feeling of safety to work.
(c) It gives him the confidence to write Groundwork.
(d) It gives him a feeling of belonging.
5. Who is Palamas?
(a) An historian.
(b) A poet.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben study carefully that is a bit disorienting?
2. What does Athos say a good deed does?
3. Why does Jakob say Germans tried to dehumanize Jews?
4. What is Zakynthos like?
5. How old is Jakob when Athos takes him to Athens?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)