|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Vertical Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is too weak to come to Idhra?
2. Of what does being moral consist in the time of the Holocaust?
(a) Refusing to participate in evil.
(b) The tiniest acts.
(c) The greatest acts.
(d) The knowledge of what is happening and changing.
3. What volume does Jakob select to read himself to sleep?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) The Stranger.
4. What does Idhra do for Jakob?
(a) Opens his memory.
(b) Plunges him into a deeper depression.
(c) Liberates his heart.
(d) Liberates his mind.
5. Where does Jakob image Bella being?
(a) A home for orphans.
(b) A German officer's home.
(c) A vault.
(d) A camp barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zakynthos like?
2. Who is Kostas Mitsialis?
3. When does Ben arrive on Idhra?
4. What does Michaela do for Ben?
5. What reminds Jakob of his mother and Bella?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)