|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Vertical Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Maurice worry?
(a) That Jakob's journals are lost in the huge library.
(b) That Ben will not be persistent.
(c) That Maurice will have to work many hours with Ben.
(d) That Ben will misinterpret Jakob's journals.
2. Where does Jakob learn to live a normal life as Athos prepares for their move to Canada?
(a) He does not learn this.
(b) From the other boys of the town.
(c) From Kostas and Daphne.
(d) From Sikelianos.
3. What is possible with recorded history?
(a) It can be resurrected.
(b) It can be erased.
(c) It can be forgotten.
(d) It can be altered.
4. Who is too weak to come to Idhra?
5. How does Jakob's home influence Jakob?
(a) It gives him a belief in the future.
(b) It gives him a feeling of safety to work.
(c) It gives him the confidence to write Groundwork.
(d) It gives him a feeling of belonging.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does being moral consist in the time of the Holocaust?
2. What does Ben study carefully that is a bit disorienting?
3. How does Ben react to the sight of the harbor at Idhra?
4. Into what is despair transformed in the gas chambers?
5. What is the moral of the parable about the rabbi?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)