|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who coins the term "Fudge-a-mania"?
2. How does Big choose team captains?
3. What is Bob's prescription for Peter's problem?
4. What is the weather like on the day of the wedding?
5. What does Peter do to punish Fudge for eavesdropping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sheila describe Izzy?
2. What upsets Peter about his Grandma and Buzzy Senior getting married?
3. What does Fudge tell Mom happened to her lotion?
4. What book does Mitzi show Fudge?
5. What does Izzy suggest Fudge should do, when the library doesn't have his book?
6. What will Sheila and Fudge's roles in the wedding be?
7. What does Mitzi think of mornings?
8. What turns Tootsie's feet blue?
9. What causes Jimmy embarrassment?
10. What starts the argument between Peter and Sheila?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss family in the novel.
1) What does family mean to Peter? How does he feel about his family? How do the members of his family affect each other?
2) How is Jimmy's family different from Peter's, and how do the two boys react differently to each other's families?
3) At the end of the novel, Grandma and Buzzy Senior get married. What does this marriage mean for the extended family? What does it mean to Sheila and Peter to become family?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in the novel struggle with fear. Discuss fear in the novel.
1) What is Sheila afraid of? How does she deal with fear? What are the consequences of her fears?
2) What is Peter afraid of? How does he deal with fear? What are the consequences of his fears?
3) What fears does Fudge have, and how does he deal with them? How are his fears of things like monsters and the folding bed different from more grown-up fears? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel.
1) Why is there conflict between Sheila and Peter in the novel? What causes the conflict? How do the characters deal with it?
2) What other conflicts are there between characters in the novel, for example, the conflict between Dad and Grandma? What makes conflict worse in the novel? What resolves conflict in the novel?
3) What does conflict accomplish in the novel? Is it always bad? Can conflict have positive results as well as negative ones?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)