|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of men does Tootsie always ask to pick her up?
2. Which team does Big bat for?
3. Where is the gallery that will show Mr. Fargo and Tootsie's paintings?
4. Who does Fudge blame for getting him stuck in the bed?
5. What time is it when Libby comes outside to investigate all the noise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Sheila and Fudge's roles in the wedding be?
2. What does Peter do when he gets into bed, the night after he visits the library and meets Izzy?
3. What turns Tootsie's feet blue?
4. How do Mitzi and Fudge react when Sheila tells Mitzi to spit out the mud she licked off her fingers?
5. Why does Bob ask for Peter's name and address?
6. Where do Fudge and Peter go to browse in the library?
7. What positions do Fudge's team members take in the field?
8. What does Izzy suggest Fudge should do, when the library doesn't have his book?
9. How does Sheila describe Izzy?
10. What man-overboard system does Dad implement in case someone falls off the boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pets in the novel play an important role in the characters' lives. Discuss the role of animals in the novel.
1) What role does Turtle play in Peter's family? How is Turtle important to Peter?
2) What role does Uncle Feather play in Peter's family? What is Fudge's relationship with Uncle Feather like?
3) What role does Jake play in the novel? What is the significance of Jake's relationship with Sheila? What is the significance of Jake's relationship with Turtle?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in the novel must often respond to disappointing situations. Discuss how characters respond to disappointment in the novel.
1) How does Fudge respond when he can't find a book with his name in the title? How does Izzy deal with his response?
2) How does Frank Fargo respond when Tootsie walks on his painting? What does his response show about him as a character? What qualities allow him to have this response?
3) How does Sheila respond when her friend can't come on vacation? How does Peter respond when he does poorly at the baseball game? What other ways do characters respond to disappointment? What generalizations can you make about responses to disappointment in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Grandma falls in love and gets married. Peter also falls for Izzy at the library. Discuss love in the novel.
1) What does love mean for Grandma and Buzzy Senior? What kind of a relationship do they have?
2) How do Peter and his family show their love each other?
3) What kind of love does Peter feel for Izzy? Compare Peter's feelings for Izzy with Grandma's feelings for Buzzy Senior.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)