|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fudge try to tell Buzzy Senior an embarrassing story about?
2. What is Jimmy's family situation?
3. What name does Peter call Sheila?
4. What does Fudge say that Uncle Feather dreams of?
5. What does Mr. Fargo plan to do while Jimmy stays with Peter's family in Maine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fudge initially react when Peter pretends something is wrong with him?
2. How does Sheila react to Turtle?
3. How does Mom treat her sons?
4. What questions does Peter ask when Fudge says he's planning to get married?
5. Where does the family put Uncle Feather in the summer house?
6. What holds Sheila up, when she tries to follow Fudge to Mrs. A's house?
7. What does Fudge do to stop conversations when someone disagrees with him?
8. Where does Jimmy say he is, before Peter gives Jimmy his news?
9. How does Peter seem to feel about his brother Fudge?
10. How does Tootsie act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fudge and Peter are brothers, and they have a close relationship. Discuss Fudge and Peter's relationship.
1) How does Peter treat Fudge? What does Fudge learn from his brother?
2) How does Fudge treat Peter? How does their age difference affect their relationship?
3) How does Peter and Fudge's relationship change? How would you expect it to change in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss friendship in the novel.
1) Why are Peter and Jimmy friends? How does Peter treat his friend? Why is it important for Peter to have his friend with him on vacation?
2) How does Fudge relate to his friend Mitzi? What does friendship provide for Fudge?
3) Why is Sheila so upset when her friend can't come on the trip?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the novel experiences changes that they have to deal with. Discuss adapting to change in the novel.
1) How do the different members of the family react to finding out that Grandma and Buzzy Senior are getting married? Why?
2) How does the family react to Jimmy's father deciding to stay with them? Why?
3) How do the children react to change, compared with how the adults react to change?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)