|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buzzy Senior give everyone to drink?
2. What is Peter looking at when Fudge says he's getting married?
3. When does Fudge say he's getting married?
4. How does Mom act when she finds out Fudge plans on getting married?
5. What is the weather like when Uncle Feather goes missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fudge propose to Sheila?
2. How do Mom, Dad, and Peter explain what "cooties" are?
3. How does Mom respond when Fudge asks if he can bring a friend on vacation?
4. How does Sheila react to Turtle?
5. What does Bicycle Bob look like?
6. What questions does Peter ask when Fudge says he's planning to get married?
7. How does Tootsie react when Peter pretends something is wrong with him?
8. What holds Sheila up, when she tries to follow Fudge to Mrs. A's house?
9. How does Turtle react when Peter tries to take him for a walk?
10. How does Sheila react to finding out that Jimmy Fargo is coming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss responsibility in the novel.
1) Sheila wants to be a responsible babysitter and tells Peter's mother that she is responsible. Does she show herself to be responsible? What does responsibility mean to her?
2) Peter also wants to be responsible and often thinks about the advice and rules that his parents give him. What advice and rules does Peter think about? How does he try to act responsible? How responsible is Peter?
3) What other characters in the novel display responsibility? How?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in the novel experiences changes that they have to deal with. Discuss adapting to change in the novel.
1) How do the different members of the family react to finding out that Grandma and Buzzy Senior are getting married? Why?
2) How does the family react to Jimmy's father deciding to stay with them? Why?
3) How do the children react to change, compared with how the adults react to change?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel.
1) Why is there conflict between Sheila and Peter in the novel? What causes the conflict? How do the characters deal with it?
2) What other conflicts are there between characters in the novel, for example, the conflict between Dad and Grandma? What makes conflict worse in the novel? What resolves conflict in the novel?
3) What does conflict accomplish in the novel? Is it always bad? Can conflict have positive results as well as negative ones?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)