|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sheila explains what a breeder is, what does Fudge ask about?
2. What does Peter think the close quarters in his room with Fudge will be useful for?
3. Where does Peter suggest that he could go instead of on the family vacation?
4. When does Mitzi's grandfather hold his game?
5. Why can't Uncle Feather be Fudge's friend on the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tootsie act?
2. How does Mitzi react when Fudge tells her that his real first name is Farley?
3. How does Turtle react when Peter tries to take him for a walk?
4. How do Grandma and Buzzy Senior get along when they first meet?
5. How does Sheila react to Turtle?
6. Why is Fudge's questioning of Mrs. A about Uncle Feather confusing to her?
7. How does Fudge initially react when Peter pretends something is wrong with him?
8. What questions does Peter ask when Fudge says he's planning to get married?
9. What does Peter imagine Jimmy's reaction will be to his lie about what happened to their vacation house?
10. What is Peter's family's vacation house like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss family in the novel.
1) What does family mean to Peter? How does he feel about his family? How do the members of his family affect each other?
2) How is Jimmy's family different from Peter's, and how do the two boys react differently to each other's families?
3) At the end of the novel, Grandma and Buzzy Senior get married. What does this marriage mean for the extended family? What does it mean to Sheila and Peter to become family?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss communication in the novel.
1) Why does Fudge have difficulty communicating that he's looking for his bird, Uncle Feather? What does Fudge still need to learn about communication?
2) What causes miscommunication between Mom and Peter? What are the results of miscommunication?
3) How does point of view affect communication? How do the differences in Peter and Jimmy's feelings about Big Apfel affect their communication about the baseball game?
Essay Topic 3
The pets in the novel play an important role in the characters' lives. Discuss the role of animals in the novel.
1) What role does Turtle play in Peter's family? How is Turtle important to Peter?
2) What role does Uncle Feather play in Peter's family? What is Fudge's relationship with Uncle Feather like?
3) What role does Jake play in the novel? What is the significance of Jake's relationship with Sheila? What is the significance of Jake's relationship with Turtle?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)