|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What baseball team did Mitzy's grandfather play for?
2. Where do Peter and his family eat supper?
3. What does Fudge say that he's doing sitting on a tree branch?
4. After Sheila explains what a breeder is, what does Fudge ask about?
5. Where is Sheila seated when Peter arrives at the summer house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jimmy say he is, before Peter gives Jimmy his news?
2. How does Fudge propose to Sheila?
3. How does Sheila react to finding out that Jimmy Fargo is coming?
4. Where does the family put Uncle Feather in the summer house?
5. What does Mom suggest that Peter do while Sheila is babysitting Fudge?
6. What does Sheila do when Fudge refuses to come down from the tree?
7. What does Bicycle Bob look like?
8. What argument does Sheila give to try to convince Peter to let her come along on the search for Uncle Feather?
9. How does Mom respond when Fudge asks if he can bring a friend on vacation?
10. What holds Sheila up, when she tries to follow Fudge to Mrs. A's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pets in the novel play an important role in the characters' lives. Discuss the role of animals in the novel.
1) What role does Turtle play in Peter's family? How is Turtle important to Peter?
2) What role does Uncle Feather play in Peter's family? What is Fudge's relationship with Uncle Feather like?
3) What role does Jake play in the novel? What is the significance of Jake's relationship with Sheila? What is the significance of Jake's relationship with Turtle?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss responsibility in the novel.
1) Sheila wants to be a responsible babysitter and tells Peter's mother that she is responsible. Does she show herself to be responsible? What does responsibility mean to her?
2) Peter also wants to be responsible and often thinks about the advice and rules that his parents give him. What advice and rules does Peter think about? How does he try to act responsible? How responsible is Peter?
3) What other characters in the novel display responsibility? How?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss family in the novel.
1) What does family mean to Peter? How does he feel about his family? How do the members of his family affect each other?
2) How is Jimmy's family different from Peter's, and how do the two boys react differently to each other's families?
3) At the end of the novel, Grandma and Buzzy Senior get married. What does this marriage mean for the extended family? What does it mean to Sheila and Peter to become family?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)