|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Libby?
(a) Almost sixteen.
(b) Almost fifteen.
(c) Almost eighteen.
(d) Almost seventeen.
2. What colors is Uncle Feather?
(a) Red and black.
(b) Green and blue.
(c) Black and yellow.
(d) Black and white.
3. How long does Fudge say he'll put his marriage off for?
(a) Until vacation.
(b) Until he is ten.
(c) Until he is eighteen.
(d) Until school starts.
4. What does Peter think the close quarters in his room with Fudge will be useful for?
(a) Staying up late to talk to Fudge.
(b) Kicking Fudge if he talks in his sleep.
(c) Keeping warm in the cold night in the drafty house.
(d) Playing tricks on Fudge to keep him awake.
5. After Sheila explains what a breeder is, what does Fudge ask about?
(a) House breeders.
(b) Tree breeders.
(c) Baby breeders.
(d) Elephant breeders.
6. Where is Sheila seated when Peter arrives at the summer house?
(a) On the front steps.
(b) On a porch swing.
(c) On a rope swing.
(d) At a picnick table.
7. What baseball team did Mitzy's grandfather play for?
(a) The New York Yankees.
(b) The Pittsburgh Pirates.
(c) The Boston Red Sox.
(d) The Cleveland Indians.
8. How many hours does it take the family to drive to Southwest Harbor, Maine?
(a) Sixteen hours.
(b) Thirteen hours.
(c) Nineteen hours.
(d) Ten hours.
9. What advice does Fudge give Peter about sharing?
(a) Sharing means no one's happy with what they have.
(b) Learn to share and you'll be a very happy person.
(c) People who share grow closer.
(d) Sharing with people makes them lazy.
10. Where does Peter suggest that he could go instead of on the family vacation?
(a) Summer school.
(c) His friend's house.
(d) Visiting his aunt.
11. What reason does Fudge give for calling his brother by the nickname Pete?
(a) It makes him feel more grown-up.
(b) It's shorter and takes less time.
(c) It's a better name for a big brother.
(d) It's easier to say.
12. What color is Sheila's dog, Jake?
(a) Tan and black.
(b) Red and brown.
(c) Black and white.
(d) White and brown.
13. How much does Mom pay Sheila to babysit Fudge?
(a) Three dollars a day.
(b) Five dollars a day.
(c) Seven dollars a day.
(d) Nine dollars a day.
14. What does Fudge say he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A bird breecher.
(b) A bird breather.
(c) A bird beader.
(d) A bird bringer.
15. What worries Jimmy when he learns he might play baseball with an ex-major league player?
(a) He can't pitch well.
(b) He can't catch well.
(c) He doesn't run fast enough.
(d) He strikes out a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the family about the house in Maine?
2. What does Fudge say that Uncle Feather dreams of?
3. By what name does Mitzi call her grandfather?
4. What does Sheila do when Fudge imitates her?
5. What does Buzzy Senior give everyone to drink?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)