|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people and animals, aside from Jimmy, does Pete say will be staying in their vacation house?
(a) Five people and two animals.
(b) Six people and two animals.
(c) Five people and three animals.
(d) Six people and one animal.
2. What does Peter pretend to do when Fudge explains who he plans on marrying?
(d) Have a heart attack.
3. What does Fudge ask the waiter if he has?
(a) A cold.
(b) Wedding cake.
4. How does Mitzi act when her grandmother leaves?
5. What does Mrs. A give Peter to drink?
(a) Warm milk with honey.
(b) Tea with honey and lemon.
(c) Cocoa with marshmellows.
(d) Tea with milk and sugar.
6. What kind of car does the family drive?
(a) A Dodge Dart.
(b) A Plymouth Breeze.
(c) A Chevy Blazer.
(d) A Chrysler Sebring.
7. What name does Peter call Sheila?
(a) Sheila Keelah.
(b) Queen of Cooties.
(c) Miss High-horse.
(d) Stuffy Sheila.
8. What does Fudge say he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A bird bringer.
(b) A bird beader.
(c) A bird breather.
(d) A bird breecher.
9. What does Grandma do that impresses the Tubmans?
(a) She jumps over a fallen log.
(b) She tightrope walks between two trees.
(c) She turns four cartwheels.
(d) She does a backflip.
10. What does Tootsie throw at Peter?
(d) Gummi Bears.
11. How is Mitzi wearing her hair when Peter and Fudge meet her?
(a) In a bun.
(b) All brushed to one side.
(c) In braids.
(d) In a ponytail.
12. Where does Peter suggest that he could go instead of on the family vacation?
(a) Visiting his aunt.
(b) His friend's house.
(d) Summer school.
13. What is Peter looking at when Fudge says he's getting married?
(a) Bubble gum wrappers.
(c) Baseball cards.
14. After Sheila explains what a breeder is, what does Fudge ask about?
(a) Baby breeders.
(b) Elephant breeders.
(c) House breeders.
(d) Tree breeders.
15. What reason does Fudge give for calling his brother by the nickname Pete?
(a) It makes him feel more grown-up.
(b) It's shorter and takes less time.
(c) It's a better name for a big brother.
(d) It's easier to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours does it take the family to drive to Southwest Harbor, Maine?
2. How much does Mom pay Sheila to babysit Fudge?
3. What does Mr. Fargo plan to do while Jimmy stays with Peter's family in Maine?
4. Where is Sheila seated when Peter arrives at the summer house?
5. What does the family have for supper on their first night in Maine?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)