|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Sheila's dog, Jake?
(a) Tan and black.
(b) Black and white.
(c) White and brown.
(d) Red and brown.
2. How does Mom act when she finds out Fudge plans on getting married?
3. Who is helping pay for the family's vacation?
(c) An aunt.
(d) Dad's boss.
4. What worries Jimmy when he learns he might play baseball with an ex-major league player?
(a) He can't catch well.
(b) He strikes out a lot.
(c) He doesn't run fast enough.
(d) He can't pitch well.
5. What has Sheila done to prepare for babysitting?
(a) Taken a course.
(b) Practiced with dolls.
(c) Taken care of a neighbor's cat.
(d) Studied a book.
6. What does Mitzi have on her left hand?
(a) A baseball glove.
(b) A mitten.
(d) Melted chocolate.
7. What does Peter do when he accidentally hits his head on the sloped ceiling of his room?
(a) He kicks the wall in frustration.
(b) He wraps his head in a bandage.
(c) He starts crying, and then starts laughing.
(d) He pretends to fall down dead.
8. What year was Southwest Harbor founded?
9. What does Fudge say he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A bird breather.
(b) A bird bringer.
(c) A bird beader.
(d) A bird breecher.
10. What does Grandma do that impresses the Tubmans?
(a) She turns four cartwheels.
(b) She does a backflip.
(c) She jumps over a fallen log.
(d) She tightrope walks between two trees.
11. Why does Turtle race out of the car when it stops?
(a) Because he wants to attack Sheila.
(b) Because he sees another dog.
(c) Because he sees a cat.
(d) Because he needs to go to the bathroom.
12. What does Fudge say that Uncle Feather dreams of?
(a) Being lost.
(b) Fires and earthquakes.
(c) Scary monsters.
(d) Being unable to fly.
13. Why does Sheila open all the windows when she gets up?
(a) To try to get the smell of mildew out of the house.
(b) To try to get Uncle Feather to fly outside.
(c) To try to get the dog to go outside.
(d) To try to get the smell of pine trees into the house.
14. What does Fudge say that he's doing sitting on a tree branch?
(a) Escaping from dogs.
(b) Resting after breakfast.
(c) Planning a treehouse.
(d) Pretending he's a monkey.
15. What reason does Fudge give for calling his brother by the nickname Pete?
(a) It's shorter and takes less time.
(b) It's easier to say.
(c) It makes him feel more grown-up.
(d) It's a better name for a big brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Fudge say he'll put his marriage off for?
2. What did Peter's grandmother teach him to do?
3. What is Peter looking at when Fudge says he's getting married?
4. What does Peter pretend to do when Fudge explains who he plans on marrying?
5. What is the minimum age to play in the baseball game?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)