Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the press room in the beginning of The Front Page, and how it relates to the overall pace of the play in general.
2. What is the general attitude of the reporters in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What is the response to the fire alarm ringing by the reporters in Act 1, Part 1, and what does it say about their characters?
4. How is the character of Hildy Johnson introduced in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What is the reaction of the reporters to the news of Hildy leaving in Act 1, Part 1, and what does it say about what Hildy and Burn's relationship may possibly be like at this point in the play?
6. Why is Bensinger so protective of his desk and phone in Act 1, Part 1?
7. Who is Mrs. Schlosser, what rule does she break in Act 1, Part 2, and what does it say about the reporters in general?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)