|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the fire alarm rings in Act 1, Part 1, why do the reporters ignore it?
(a) They don't hear it.
(b) A fire doesn't seem like a good story to them.
(c) They are afraid of fires.
(d) The fire is too far away.
2. What city is Hildy's train going to, according to the tickets he shows the other reporters?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) St. Louis.
3. How much does Hildy tell Burns it cost him to get the full story of Williams' escape?
(a) Two hundred and sixty dollars.
(b) Three hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars
(d) Two hundred dollars.
4. Who does Hildy throw the water on at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(b) The reporters.
(c) The guards.
5. What rule do Schwartz and Murphy say that Mrs. Schlosser has broken at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Women are barred from the pressroom.
(b) All questions should be directed to their boss.
(c) A police escort is required to enter the pressroom.
(d) Only people with press tags are allowed in the pressroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does McCue tell his editor accidentally shot a cleaning woman?
2. What does the mayor offer the messenger as a bribe in Act 2, Part 3?
3. Who throws Mollie out of the room in Act 1, Part 4?
4. What does Hildy do when Burns calls in Act 1, Part 4?
5. According to Burns at the end of Act 3, Part 1, what is ruining everything?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)