|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Bond and Tatiana spend the night together?
2. How does the group of Russians watch Bond and Tatiana in bed?
3. Why does Kerim want Bond to leave the train?
4. What group does Kerim say the man on the scooter was from?
5. Who invades the gypsy compound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does the gypsy give Kerim?
2. What is Nash's real identity?
3. Who does Kerim say followed Bond the previous night?
4. Describe the fight between the gypsies and the faceless ones
5. What happens to the Russians when they reach the Turkish border?
6. How does Bond find out the man looking at him is a British agent?
7. What causes Bond to turn around?
8. What does Grant's say is the Russian's plot?
9. How does Kerim die?
10. What has Kerim arranged for Bond and Tatiana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Fleming writes FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)