|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the faceless man try to escape through?
2. Who do the faceless ones come to the gypsy compound to kill?
3. What is the name of the leader of the local MI5 offices?
4. What does Kerim tell Bond about at lunch?
5. Who does Bond find lying naked in his bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight between Bond and Klebb?
2. How does Bond kill Grant?
3. Who does Kerim say followed Bond the previous night?
4. Why does Tatiana refuse to take a plane?
5. Why did Kerim make Bond visit so public?
6. Why does Kerim not trust Tatiana?
7. Why does Bond think the man is not mentally competent?
8. What does Bond see when he looks through the periscope?
9. What causes Bond to turn around?
10. What does Bond think of Darko Kerim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Fleming's representations of the following areas. How close are Fleming's representations to the real thing? How does Fleming make his representations seem and feel real.
2) Orient Express.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the book and compare them to their character in the film FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE. What similarities does the character in the film share with its counterpart in the novel? How do the filmmakers update the character for a more modern audience? Why are these changes necessary?
Essay Topic 3
In what does Fleming suggest that Bond's weakness for women is beyond just beauty? What does this add to Bond's character?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)