|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer of M's does Bond refuse?
2. Where does the chauffeur take Bond?
3. What race is Kerim's friend?
4. How does the group of Russians watch Bond and Tatiana in bed?
5. What has Kerim stolen from one of the Russians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kerim not trust Tatiana?
2. How does Kerim spy on the Russians?
3. Describe the fight between the gypsies and the faceless ones
4. How does Bond kill Grant?
5. Why does the gypsy hesitate to let Bond into the compound?
6. Summarize the novel.
7. What do Bond and Tatiana do when the train stops for a few hours?
8. How does Kerim kill the faceless one's leader?
9. What does Grant's say is the Russian's plot?
10. What happens to the Russians when they reach the Turkish border?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fleming writes FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
In what does Fleming suggest that Bond's weakness for women is beyond just beauty? What does this add to Bond's character?
Essay Topic 3
FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE was made into a film starring Sean Connery as James Bond. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book are still relevant years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)