|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the chauffeur take Bond?
2. What does the Russian try to do when he can find his passport?
3. How does the man prove to Bond he is a British agent?
4. What does Bond feel overwhelmed by?
5. What is the first thing Bond does at his hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond think the man is not mentally competent?
2. How does Bond persuade Tatiana to get the code machine?
3. Why does Kerim not trust Tatiana?
4. What has Kerim arranged for Bond and Tatiana?
5. Why did Kerim make Bond visit so public?
6. What new information does the gypsy give Kerim?
7. What happens to the Russians when they reach the Turkish border?
8. What do Bond and Tatiana do when the train stops for a few hours?
9. Summarize the novel.
10. How does Bond kill Grant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 2
In what way can Bond's character in the novel be seen as more vulnerable as his character in the films? Why do you think there is this difference? How do the Russians take advantage of Bond's perceived weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Fleming's representations of the following areas. How close are Fleming's representations to the real thing? How does Fleming make his representations seem and feel real.
2) Orient Express.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)