|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kronsteen accept before he leaves the room?
2. What kind of person does Kronsteen believe Klebb is?
3. Why does General G think Bond is a good suggestion?
4. What delays Kronstreen's win?
5. What will place will Kronstreen be champion if he wins the match?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does General G think it is pointless to go after M?
2. Why can Kronsteen's opponent not win the chess match?
3. What does Kronsteen think about Rosa Klebb?
4. Why is Bond briefly worried about the salesman?
5. How did the Russian woman fall in live with Bond?
6. Why is Tatiana frightened in this chapter?
7. What has the Russian woman agreed to do in exchange for meeting Bond?
8. Why does Kronsteen want to introduce a woman to the plot?
9. What does Kronsteen think is the best way to lure Bond?
10. What is the meeting SMERSH is holding about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s. How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
In what way can Bond's character in the novel be seen as more vulnerable as his character in the films? Why do you think there is this difference? How do the Russians take advantage of Bond's perceived weaknesses?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)