|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Kronsteen believe Klebb is?
2. What does Grant think about on the plane?
3. What does Bond see following his car?
4. Why does General G think Bond is a good suggestion?
5. What interrupts the massage session?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kronsteen react when he receives the message from SMERSH?
2. What is Grant's current position with SMERSH?
3. How did Grant's murderous desires create problems for him?
4. How does Klebb frighten Tatiana away?
5. What does Kronsteen think is the best way to lure Bond?
6. What is the meeting SMERSH is holding about?
7. What has the Russian woman agreed to do in exchange for meeting Bond?
8. Why is it not wise for a leader to speak up at the meetings?
9. Describe Grant's upbringing.
10. What is Kronsteen's excuse for staying to finish the chess match?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s. How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 3
Fleming writes FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)