|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Spektor machine?
2. What sport did Grant's father do?
3. What does Klebb give Tatiana to help her?
4. Who does General G call for at the end of the chapter?
5. Where did Grant go after the Royal Corps dismissed him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tatiana Romanova.
2. Why is Bond in a bad mood?
3. What is Grant's current position with SMERSH?
4. What does Kronsteen think about Rosa Klebb?
5. How did the Russian woman fall in live with Bond?
6. What is the meeting SMERSH is holding about?
7. Describe Bond's trip to Istanbul.
8. What has the Russian woman agreed to do in exchange for meeting Bond?
9. What does Bond have to discuss at the meeting?
10. Why can Kronsteen's opponent not win the chess match?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what does Fleming suggest that Bond's weakness for women is beyond just beauty? What does this add to Bond's character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) What new elements does FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE add to Bond's character?
Essay Topic 3
Fleming writes FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)