|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 9 end?
(a) Mary escapes London.
(b) Julia sleeps in Mary's bed.
(c) Mary sleeps with Abberline.
(d) Gull strangles Mary.
2. Why has Liz been forced to the streets?
(a) She could not pay her rent.
(b) The Nichol Mob forced her out.
(c) She was living there illegally.
(d) She had a fight with her partner.
3. Of what does Albert warn Mary Kelly?
(a) His daughter is probably ill.
(b) Her impending murder.
(c) God's wrath.
(d) The strike.
4. What part of Mary's body does Gull burn?
(a) Her uterus.
(b) Her liver.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her kidney.
5. Why is Kate Eddows arrested?
(b) Public intoxication.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
2. What group is influencing Druitt's discharge and his invitation to a homosexual party?
3. What does Lees claim to have to Abberline?
4. Whom does Abberline see at the murder scene?
5. What goes unheeded in the beginning of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abberline give Mary Kelly money?
2. Why does Warren erase the message left by Jack the Ripper?
3. Describe Gull's trial by the Masons.
4. How does Gull justify his violence to Queen Victoria in Chapter 9?
5. For what reasons does Druitt attend and subsequently leave the homosexual party?
6. What discovery does Mary Kelly make in Chapter 8?
7. For what reasons does Gull mistake Kate Eddows for Mary Kelly?
8. Who is Montague John Druitt?
9. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
10. How does Druitt's acquaintance trick him into writing a suicide note?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)