|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sickert attempt to comfort Albert in Chapter 8?
(a) He gets him high on opium.
(b) He kisses him.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He takes him to see Alice.
2. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
3. What is strange about Gull's treatment of Liz?
(a) He is vicious in his mutilations.
(b) He remembers a future event in which she is not mutilated.
(c) He is tender with laying her body out properly.
(d) He dresses her in a man's clothing.
4. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
5. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
(a) He is joining the priesthood.
(b) The criticism of him not performing his job.
(c) He wants to commit suicide.
(d) He wants to quit the Freemasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
2. Why has Liz been forced to the streets?
3. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
4. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
5. While drinking with Druitt, what does his acquaintance trick him into writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary Kelly agree to a sexual liaison with Abberline?
2. Why does Abberline give Mary Kelly money?
3. Why does Lees call upon Abberline in Chapter 9?
4. What is the result of Abberline taking his information about Gull to his superiors?
5. For what reasons does Druitt attend and subsequently leave the homosexual party?
6. Why is Liz's body not disfigured by Gull?
7. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
8. How does Mary Kelly spend her days before her murder?
9. How and why does Lees get Abberline to go to Gull's house?
10. Why does Warren erase the message left by Jack the Ripper?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)