|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Druitt's acquaintance, who gets him drunk?
(a) He is a Mason.
(b) He is a woman disguised as a man.
(c) He is Gull's assistant at the madhouse.
(d) He is a homosexual.
2. Why does Liz spit out the grapes?
(a) She is allergic to grapes.
(b) She hates grapes.
(c) Netley tells her he urinated on them.
(d) They tasted off.
3. What does Lees claim to have to Abberline?
(a) Knowledge of the murder.
(b) Jack's knife.
(c) Albert's daughter.
(d) One of the targeted prostitutes.
4. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
(a) Office building.
(b) A park.
(c) A school.
(d) A gymnasium.
5. What does Gull not do to Kate's body?
(a) Mutilate her body.
(b) Gut her.
(c) Hack off her nose.
(d) Rape her corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
2. Who is snubbed by Gull in Chapter 9?
3. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
4. How does Chapter 9 end?
5. Why does Druitt lose his job as a teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons does Gull mistake Kate Eddows for Mary Kelly?
2. Who is Montague John Druitt?
3. What is the result of Abberline taking his information about Gull to his superiors?
4. What discovery does Mary Kelly make in Chapter 8?
5. Describe Gull's visions during his mutilation of Mary's corpse.
6. What does Gull do to Mary Kelly's body?
7. Why does Lees call upon Abberline in Chapter 9?
8. Why does Mary Kelly agree to a sexual liaison with Abberline?
9. What is heard outside of Mary Kelly's building, and what are the results?
10. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)