|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Albert soothing his guilty conscience with his schoolfriend?
(a) Oral sex.
2. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
3. In Chapter 9, what revelation does Netley make to Gull?
(a) Gull killed the wrong woman.
(b) Queen Victoria is planning to have Gull killed.
(c) Mary has printed a letter in the paper about Albert.
(d) Netley is a police officer.
4. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The double murder.
(b) The invading army.
(c) The earthquake.
(d) The strike.
5. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
(a) From Your Own Wastelands.
(b) From Your Poor Refuse.
(c) From Scotland Yard.
(d) From Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
2. Why is Kate Eddows arrested?
3. What does Gull do with the remnants of Mary's burnt body part?
4. During her arrest, what name does Kate Eddows give the police?
5. What does Abberline discover during the inquests into Mary's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Albert and Sickert deal with the former's guilty conscience?
2. How does Mary Kelly spend her days before her murder?
3. Why does Lees call upon Abberline in Chapter 9?
4. Describe Gull's visions during his mutilation of Mary's corpse.
5. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
6. For what reasons is the deceased Druitt identified as Jack the Ripper?
7. What is the result of Abberline taking his information about Gull to his superiors?
8. What does Gull do to Mary Kelly's body?
9. What is in the letter Mary left for Abberline?
10. Why does Warren erase the message left by Jack the Ripper?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)