|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
(a) Sir William Gull.
(b) Prince Albert.
(c) Jack the Ripper.
(d) Inspector Abberline.
2. Why does Druitt lose his job as a teacher?
(a) He slapped a student.
(b) He kissed a student.
(c) He was a terrible teacher.
(d) He grew too old.
3. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
(a) He is going to meet "Emma."
(b) He is going to the theater.
(c) He is leaving town.
(d) He is being promoted.
4. Where does Gull believe himself to be while with Mary's body?
(a) Operating theater.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) A church.
5. Who orders that the message found by Kate's body be erased?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who left Abberline a letter with the bartender at Britannia?
2. Why does Liz spit out the grapes?
3. Why has Liz been forced to the streets?
4. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
5. Under what name is Gull incarcerated in an insane asylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gull justify his violence to Queen Victoria in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Lees call upon Abberline in Chapter 9?
3. What comprises the inquest and testimonies that Abberline endures for Mary's death?
4. How and why does Lees get Abberline to go to Gull's house?
5. Why is Liz's body not disfigured by Gull?
6. How does Mary Kelly spend her days before her murder?
7. Why does Warren erase the message left by Jack the Ripper?
8. For what reasons is the deceased Druitt identified as Jack the Ripper?
9. What is the result of Abberline taking his information about Gull to his superiors?
10. Describe Gull's visions during his mutilation of Mary's corpse.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)