|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Liz spit out the grapes?
(a) They tasted off.
(b) She is allergic to grapes.
(c) She hates grapes.
(d) Netley tells her he urinated on them.
2. What does Gull do with the remnants of Mary's burnt body part?
(a) He seasons his meal with it.
(b) He drinks it with wine.
(c) He feeds it to a dog.
(d) He scatters the ashes in the wind.
3. In Chapter 9, what revelation does Netley make to Gull?
(a) Queen Victoria is planning to have Gull killed.
(b) Netley is a police officer.
(c) Gull killed the wrong woman.
(d) Mary has printed a letter in the paper about Albert.
4. How does Chapter 9 end?
(a) Mary escapes London.
(b) Julia sleeps in Mary's bed.
(c) Mary sleeps with Abberline.
(d) Gull strangles Mary.
5. What arrangement does Abberline make with Mary Kelly in Chapter 9?
(a) He will find someone to take her place.
(c) He will help her escape.
(d) A job.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her arrest, what name does Kate Eddows give the police?
2. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
3. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
4. Whose clothes are burnt by Gull?
5. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comprises the inquest and testimonies that Abberline endures for Mary's death?
2. How do Albert and Sickert deal with the former's guilty conscience?
3. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
4. For what reasons is the deceased Druitt identified as Jack the Ripper?
5. Describe Gull's trial by the Masons.
6. What does Gull do to Mary Kelly's body?
7. Why does Warren erase the message left by Jack the Ripper?
8. What is in the letter Mary left for Abberline?
9. Who is Montague John Druitt?
10. How does Albert spend his time in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)