|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revelation does Gull make to Abberline?
(a) He is Jack the Ripper.
(b) Gull is an atheist.
(c) He gives Netley up as Jack the Ripper.
(d) He is a homosexual.
2. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
(a) A gymnasium.
(b) A park.
(c) Office building.
(d) A school.
3. What group is influencing Druitt's discharge and his invitation to a homosexual party?
4. How is Albert soothing his guilty conscience with his schoolfriend?
(d) Oral sex.
5. What affectionate gesture does Gull perform on Mary's body?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He washes her hands.
(c) He brushes her teeth.
(d) He combs her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abberline not recognize Mary Kelly's corpse as "Emma"?
2. While experiencing visions, what is Gull doing?
3. During her arrest, what name does Kate Eddows give the police?
4. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What is Mary Kelly's reaction to her husband's refusal to go along with her hard-living before her murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discovery does Mary Kelly make in Chapter 8?
2. What does Gull do to Mary Kelly's body?
3. Why does Mary Kelly agree to a sexual liaison with Abberline?
4. What comprises the inquest and testimonies that Abberline endures for Mary's death?
5. Why does Lees call upon Abberline in Chapter 9?
6. What is in the letter Mary left for Abberline?
7. Why does Warren erase the message left by Jack the Ripper?
8. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
9. How and why does Lees get Abberline to go to Gull's house?
10. How does Albert spend his time in Chapter 9?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)