|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
(a) From Scotland Yard.
(b) From Your Own Wastelands.
(c) From Hell.
(d) From Your Poor Refuse.
2. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
3. What is sent along with the letter from Gull and Netley?
(a) Half a human uterus.
(b) Half a human tongue.
(c) Half a human kidney.
(d) Half a human heart.
4. During her arrest, what name does Kate Eddows give the police?
(a) Mary Kelly.
(b) Annie Kelly.
(c) Jane Kelly.
(d) Alice Kelly.
5. What affectionate gesture does Gull perform on Mary's body?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He brushes her teeth.
(c) He washes her hands.
(d) He combs her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what revelation does Netley make to Gull?
2. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
3. After drugging Druitt, what do the Masons do to him?
4. What sensations does Abberline feel while investigating Mary's body?
5. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
2. What is the result of Abberline taking his information about Gull to his superiors?
3. Describe Gull's visions during his mutilation of Mary's corpse.
4. Who is Montague John Druitt?
5. For what reasons does Gull mistake Kate Eddows for Mary Kelly?
6. Why does Lees call upon Abberline in Chapter 9?
7. For what reasons does Druitt attend and subsequently leave the homosexual party?
8. How does Druitt's acquaintance trick him into writing a suicide note?
9. How and why does Lees get Abberline to go to Gull's house?
10. Describe Gull's trial by the Masons.
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)