|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
(a) Office building.
(b) A park.
(c) A gymnasium.
(d) A school.
2. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
(a) They fake his death.
(b) They kill him.
(c) They send in his resignation.
(d) They send his saner brother to take his place.
3. How does Netley manage to pick up Kate Eddows?
(a) He tells her Gull wants her services.
(b) He offers to get her a job somewhere.
(c) He suggests that he wants to hire her boyfriend.
(d) He offers to pay her bail.
4. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
(a) The criticism of him not performing his job.
(b) He wants to quit the Freemasons.
(c) He is joining the priesthood.
(d) He wants to commit suicide.
5. Why has Liz been forced to the streets?
(a) She was living there illegally.
(b) She had a fight with her partner.
(c) She could not pay her rent.
(d) The Nichol Mob forced her out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Albert soothing his guilty conscience with his schoolfriend?
2. Where does Gull believe himself to be while with Mary's body?
3. What sensations does Abberline feel while investigating Mary's body?
4. Under what name is Gull incarcerated in an insane asylum?
5. Why do Abberline's superiors order him and Lees to never speak of Gull again?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons is the deceased Druitt identified as Jack the Ripper?
2. For what reasons does Druitt attend and subsequently leave the homosexual party?
3. Why is Liz's body not disfigured by Gull?
4. For what reasons does Gull mistake Kate Eddows for Mary Kelly?
5. What is the result of Abberline taking his information about Gull to his superiors?
6. Why does Abberline give Mary Kelly money?
7. What discovery does Mary Kelly make in Chapter 8?
8. How does Albert spend his time in Chapter 9?
9. Why does Lees call upon Abberline in Chapter 9?
10. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)