|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders that the message found by Kate's body be erased?
2. What is the fate of Pizer, arrested with suspicion of being Leather Apron?
(a) He is incarcerated in a madhouse.
(b) He is held in prison for the rest of his life.
(c) He is murdererd.
(d) He is released.
3. What is significant about Druitt's sexual orientation?
(a) He claims homosexuality, but is actually heterosexual.
(b) He is a closeted homosexual.
(c) He is attracted to inanimate objects.
(d) He is asexual.
4. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The double murder.
(b) The invading army.
(c) The earthquake.
(d) The strike.
5. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
(a) He overheard Gull telling the Queen about the murders.
(b) He saw Gull murder Mary Kelly.
(c) He noticed Gull had blood on his cuff one night.
(d) He is still angry over the snub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kate Eddows arrested?
2. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
3. What sensations does Abberline feel while investigating Mary's body?
4. Why does Liz spit out the grapes?
5. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Liz's body not disfigured by Gull?
2. Who is Montague John Druitt?
3. What is the result of Abberline taking his information about Gull to his superiors?
4. How do Albert and Sickert deal with the former's guilty conscience?
5. Why does Mary Kelly agree to a sexual liaison with Abberline?
6. How and why does Lees get Abberline to go to Gull's house?
7. How does Gull justify his violence to Queen Victoria in Chapter 9?
8. Describe Gull's trial by the Masons.
9. How does Mary Kelly spend her days before her murder?
10. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)