|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
(a) Office building.
(b) A park.
(c) A school.
(d) A gymnasium.
2. What sensations does Abberline feel while investigating Mary's body?
3. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
(a) From Scotland Yard.
(b) From Hell.
(c) From Your Poor Refuse.
(d) From Your Own Wastelands.
4. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A flower.
(d) A bonnet.
5. What revelation does Gull make to Abberline?
(a) He gives Netley up as Jack the Ripper.
(b) Gull is an atheist.
(c) He is Jack the Ripper.
(d) He is a homosexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
2. Why does Gull feel insulted by the Masons?
3. What does a police officer tell Gull about Kate Eddows, who has given a false name upon arrest?
4. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
5. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Warren erase the message left by Jack the Ripper?
2. For what reasons does Gull mistake Kate Eddows for Mary Kelly?
3. How does Albert spend his time in Chapter 9?
4. Describe Gull's visions during his mutilation of Mary's corpse.
5. What is the result of Abberline taking his information about Gull to his superiors?
6. What does Gull do to Mary Kelly's body?
7. What is in the letter Mary left for Abberline?
8. What is heard outside of Mary Kelly's building, and what are the results?
9. Why is Liz's body not disfigured by Gull?
10. How do Albert and Sickert deal with the former's guilty conscience?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)