|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Albert soothing his guilty conscience with his schoolfriend?
(d) Oral sex.
2. What does a police officer tell Gull about Kate Eddows, who has given a false name upon arrest?
(a) She is Albert's wife.
(b) She is the Queen's confidante.
(c) She is Mary Kelly.
(d) She is Alice's nurse.
3. What arrangement does Abberline make with Mary Kelly in Chapter 9?
(b) He will help her escape.
(c) He will find someone to take her place.
(d) A job.
4. What part of Mary's body does Gull burn?
(a) Her uterus.
(b) Her kidney.
(c) Her liver.
(d) Her heart.
5. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Inspector Abberline.
(c) Sir William Gull.
(d) Jack the Ripper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose clothes are burnt by Gull?
2. Who replaces the resigned Warren?
3. What group is influencing Druitt's discharge and his invitation to a homosexual party?
4. What is significant about Druitt's sexual orientation?
5. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gull do to Mary Kelly's body?
2. Why does Warren erase the message left by Jack the Ripper?
3. How and why does Lees get Abberline to go to Gull's house?
4. What is heard outside of Mary Kelly's building, and what are the results?
5. What is the result of Abberline taking his information about Gull to his superiors?
6. Why does Lees call upon Abberline in Chapter 9?
7. Describe Gull's trial by the Masons.
8. For what reasons is the deceased Druitt identified as Jack the Ripper?
9. Why is Liz's body not disfigured by Gull?
10. How does Gull justify his violence to Queen Victoria in Chapter 9?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)