|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Liz been forced to the streets?
(a) The Nichol Mob forced her out.
(b) She could not pay her rent.
(c) She was living there illegally.
(d) She had a fight with her partner.
2. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
(a) A flower.
(c) A bonnet.
(d) A shawl.
3. Why does Druitt lose his job as a teacher?
(a) He grew too old.
(b) He kissed a student.
(c) He was a terrible teacher.
(d) He slapped a student.
4. Of what does Albert warn Mary Kelly?
(a) The strike.
(b) Her impending murder.
(c) His daughter is probably ill.
(d) God's wrath.
5. What does Gull do with the remnants of Mary's burnt body part?
(a) He seasons his meal with it.
(b) He scatters the ashes in the wind.
(c) He feeds it to a dog.
(d) He drinks it with wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
2. What goes unheeded in the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. While experiencing visions, what is Gull doing?
4. Why is Kate Eddows arrested?
5. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Warren erase the message left by Jack the Ripper?
2. What is the result of Abberline taking his information about Gull to his superiors?
3. Why does Mary Kelly agree to a sexual liaison with Abberline?
4. Describe Gull's trial by the Masons.
5. For what reasons is the deceased Druitt identified as Jack the Ripper?
6. What is in the letter Mary left for Abberline?
7. What does Gull do to Mary Kelly's body?
8. What is heard outside of Mary Kelly's building, and what are the results?
9. Why is Liz's body not disfigured by Gull?
10. How does Druitt's acquaintance trick him into writing a suicide note?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)