|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gull not do to Kate's body?
(a) Hack off her nose.
(b) Rape her corpse.
(c) Gut her.
(d) Mutilate her body.
2. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
(a) He claims to have knowledge of "Emma."
(b) He fakes a fainting spell.
(c) He tells Abberline of Albert's child with Annie.
(d) He threatens to blackmail Abberline.
3. Whose clothes are burnt by Gull?
4. What goes unheeded in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Mary's warning to Abberline about Jack the Ripper.
(b) Abberline's letter.
(c) Mary's cries for help.
(d) Abberline's arrest warrant.
5. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A flower.
(d) A bonnet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
2. What is significant about Druitt's sexual orientation?
3. Of what game is Druitt a fan?
4. What are the contents of the letter for Abberline?
5. What sensations does Abberline feel while investigating Mary's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gull's trial by the Masons.
2. What discovery does Mary Kelly make in Chapter 8?
3. What does Gull do to Mary Kelly's body?
4. What comprises the inquest and testimonies that Abberline endures for Mary's death?
5. For what reasons does Gull mistake Kate Eddows for Mary Kelly?
6. What is in the letter Mary left for Abberline?
7. Why is Liz's body not disfigured by Gull?
8. For what reasons is the deceased Druitt identified as Jack the Ripper?
9. Why does Mary Kelly agree to a sexual liaison with Abberline?
10. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)