|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While drinking with Druitt, what does his acquaintance trick him into writing?
(a) The "From Hell" letter.
(b) Ransom note.
(c) Suicide note.
(d) The "Saucy Jacky" letter.
2. How does Sickert attempt to comfort Albert in Chapter 8?
(a) He kisses him.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He takes him to see Alice.
(d) He gets him high on opium.
3. What affectionate gesture does Gull perform on Mary's body?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He brushes her teeth.
(c) He washes her hands.
(d) He combs her hair.
4. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) A flower.
5. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
(a) Shop owner.
(d) Money lender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the contents of the letter for Abberline?
2. Where does Chapter 12 begin?
3. Who orders that the message found by Kate's body be erased?
4. Why does Abberline not recognize Mary Kelly's corpse as "Emma"?
5. What does Gull do with the remnants of Mary's burnt body part?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lees call upon Abberline in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Mary Kelly agree to a sexual liaison with Abberline?
3. What is heard outside of Mary Kelly's building, and what are the results?
4. Why is Liz's body not disfigured by Gull?
5. How does Albert spend his time in Chapter 9?
6. How does Mary Kelly spend her days before her murder?
7. What does Gull do to Mary Kelly's body?
8. What discovery does Mary Kelly make in Chapter 8?
9. How and why does Lees get Abberline to go to Gull's house?
10. How does Gull justify his violence to Queen Victoria in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)