|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
(a) They did not kill her friends.
(b) William Gull was inquiring about her.
(c) Abberline is a spy.
(d) The royal family is after her.
2. What is strange about Gull's treatment of Liz?
(a) He is tender with laying her body out properly.
(b) He dresses her in a man's clothing.
(c) He remembers a future event in which she is not mutilated.
(d) He is vicious in his mutilations.
3. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
(a) The pollution.
(b) The violence of the men.
(c) The technology.
(d) The sexuality of the women.
4. What are the contents of the letter for Abberline?
(a) It is a copy of a Masonic ritual.
(b) Mary is saying goodbye.
(c) It details Gull being the murderer.
(d) It tells of the conspiracy around Albert.
5. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
(a) He is joining the priesthood.
(b) He wants to quit the Freemasons.
(c) The criticism of him not performing his job.
(d) He wants to commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation does Gull make to Abberline?
2. After drugging Druitt, what do the Masons do to him?
3. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
4. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
5. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gull justify his violence to Queen Victoria in Chapter 9?
2. How does Druitt's acquaintance trick him into writing a suicide note?
3. For what reasons does Gull mistake Kate Eddows for Mary Kelly?
4. What is in the letter Mary left for Abberline?
5. What leads up to Gull and Netley writing the letter "from Hell"?
6. What is heard outside of Mary Kelly's building, and what are the results?
7. Why does Warren erase the message left by Jack the Ripper?
8. How does Albert spend his time in Chapter 9?
9. What does Gull do to Mary Kelly's body?
10. Describe Gull's visions during his mutilation of Mary's corpse.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)