|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, whose conception is witnessed?
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Josef Stalin.
(d) Winston Churchill.
2. In Klara Hitler's vision, what does she see spilling out of a chapel?
3. At the end of Chapter 4, what does Gull believe about his orders to kill the four women?
(a) He is divinely inspired.
(b) They are misguided.
(c) He is smiting God by doing so.
(d) He will become king of England by doing so.
4. What does Annie Crook's father believe is at the center of Annie's madness?
(a) His sexual abuse of her.
(b) Her drinking.
(c) Annie's lesbianism.
(d) The loss of her mother.
5. What does Abberline note would have been the result if he and Lees had not gone along with the conspiracy in the Prologue?
(a) They would have been admired throughout their country.
(b) They would have been discredited.
(c) They would have been murdered.
(d) They would have been exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Godley and Thick?
2. What does Netley give Polly as a gift?
3. What is graphically rendered in Chapter 1?
4. What does Thick believe about the murderer in Chapter 6?
5. In what year is Chapter 1 set?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe William Gull's childhood and years in school.
2. What is Sickert's relationship with Mary Kelly?
3. What comprises Gull's meeting to Sir Charles Warren?
4. What is Gull's belief in societal power?
5. What revelations does Mary Kelly make to Sickert in Chapter 3?
6. What leads Mary Kelly and the three prostitutes to blackmail Sickert?
7. What happens when Gull has a stroke in Chapter 2?
8. What comprises the fourth dimension?
9. In what condition is Annie during Chapter 7?
10. How is Polly snared by Gull and Netley?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)