|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gull order Netley to mark the four women they are to murder?
(a) White feathers.
(b) A gift of clothing.
(d) A bucket of water.
2. What does Thick believe about the murderer in Chapter 6?
(a) The murderer is a foreigner.
(b) The murderer is a woman.
(c) The murderer has committed suicide already.
(d) The murderer is Leather Apron.
3. In Chapter 3, how is Mary Kelly earning a living?
4. In Chapter 5, whose conception is witnessed?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Josef Stalin.
5. What is the occupation of Robert Lees?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does a young William Gull hope?
2. In this book, who is responsible for the first letter from the murderer?
3. What is Mary Kelly's relationship to Sickert?
4. While having a stroke, of what deity does Gull have a vision?
5. What does Gull frequently do with Dr. Hinton in the early mornings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory does Thick believe, and why?
2. How is Polly snared by Gull and Netley?
3. What is significant about the discussion on Martha Tabram?
4. In what condition is Annie during Chapter 7?
5. Why does Gull bring Annie Crook into his asylum, and how is she treated?
6. What happens after Annie leaves her pensioner's house?
7. What is significant about Annie Crook's pregnancy and marriage to Albert?
8. Describe the inquest Abberline attends in Chapter 6.
9. Why does Gull believe that killing the prostitutes is only the beginning for him?
10. What assumptions are made about Polly's dead body, and what discoveries happen at the morgue?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)