|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gull see in a window before murdering Annie?
(a) A vision of a future event.
(b) Polly's ghost.
(c) His bloody face.
(d) Joseph Merrick.
2. At the end of Chapter 6, what tactics are Best and Gibbs discussing?
(a) Yellow journalism.
(b) Chess moves.
3. At the end of Chapter 4, what does Gull believe about his orders to kill the four women?
(a) They are misguided.
(b) He is smiting God by doing so.
(c) He is divinely inspired.
(d) He will become king of England by doing so.
4. In Chapter 4, why does Queen Victoria order Gull to kill Mary Kelly and her accomplices?
(a) Mary spat at the Queen.
(b) Mary is telling everyone about Alice.
(c) Victoria wants to dissolve Albert's marriage to Mary.
(d) Victoria saw the blackmail letter sent to Sickert.
5. For what does a young William Gull hope?
(a) Marriage to a royal.
(b) A spiritual awakening.
(c) A lovely wife.
(d) An exceptional, challenging life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie Crook's father believe is at the center of Annie's madness?
2. What is the point of the tactic discussed by Best and Gibbs?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 5, to whom does Gull confide in the impending murders?
4. What does Gull frequently do with Dr. Hinton in the early mornings?
5. In Chapter 5, whose conception is witnessed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assumptions are made about Polly's dead body, and what discoveries happen at the morgue?
2. How does "Jack the Ripper" get his name?
3. What is significant about Annie Crook's pregnancy and marriage to Albert?
4. What is Sickert's relationship with Mary Kelly?
5. In what condition is Annie during Chapter 7?
6. What revelations does Mary Kelly make to Sickert in Chapter 3?
7. Why does Whitechapel become gripped with hysteria at the end of Chapter 7?
8. How is Polly snared by Gull and Netley?
9. Why does Gull believe that killing the prostitutes is only the beginning for him?
10. What comprises the first encounter between Abberline and Mary Kelly?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)