|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sickert object to Albert's marriage to Annie?
(a) Albert is the Prince of England.
(b) Annie is pregnant by someone else.
(c) Annie is not British.
(d) Annie is a divorcee.
2. What does Thick believe about the murderer in Chapter 6?
(a) The murderer is a woman.
(b) The murderer is a foreigner.
(c) The murderer has committed suicide already.
(d) The murderer is Leather Apron.
3. In Chapter 7, who do Annie and Liza meet for a drink?
(b) Annie Crook.
4. Where does Chapter 5 begin?
5. With what does Gull coat the grapes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Netley fail to do to Polly's body that Gull then corrects?
2. Who is a famous, historical figure that Gull meets in Chapter 2?
3. In this book, who is responsible for the first letter from the murderer?
4. What is the name of Annie and Albert's daughter?
5. What does Abberline note would have been the result if he and Lees had not gone along with the conspiracy in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Jack the Ripper" get his name?
2. Why does Gull bring Annie Crook into his asylum, and how is she treated?
3. What theory does Thick believe, and why?
4. What happens when Gull has a stroke in Chapter 2?
5. In what condition is Annie during Chapter 7?
6. What comprises the fourth dimension?
7. What is Sickert's relationship with Mary Kelly?
8. Describe the inquest Abberline attends in Chapter 6.
9. What is significant about the discussion on Martha Tabram?
10. What revelations does Mary Kelly make to Sickert in Chapter 3?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)