|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While drinking with Druitt, what does his acquaintance trick him into writing?
(a) The "Saucy Jacky" letter.
(b) Suicide note.
(c) Ransom note.
(d) The "From Hell" letter.
2. What does Netley give to Liz?
(a) A flower.
(b) A shawl.
(c) A kerchief.
(d) A bonnet.
3. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Mary's apartment.
(c) Miller's Court.
(d) Scotland Yard.
4. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
(a) From Hell.
(b) From Your Own Wastelands.
(c) From Your Poor Refuse.
(d) From Scotland Yard.
5. What is significant about Druitt's sexual orientation?
(a) He is asexual.
(b) He is a closeted homosexual.
(c) He is attracted to inanimate objects.
(d) He claims homosexuality, but is actually heterosexual.
6. In Chapter 9, what revelation does Netley make to Gull?
(a) Queen Victoria is planning to have Gull killed.
(b) Netley is a police officer.
(c) Mary has printed a letter in the paper about Albert.
(d) Gull killed the wrong woman.
7. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
(a) He overheard Gull telling the Queen about the murders.
(b) He noticed Gull had blood on his cuff one night.
(c) He is still angry over the snub.
(d) He saw Gull murder Mary Kelly.
8. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
(a) William Gull was inquiring about her.
(b) Abberline is a spy.
(c) They did not kill her friends.
(d) The royal family is after her.
9. Why do Abberline's superiors order him and Lees to never speak of Gull again?
(a) They have been paid off by Netley.
(b) They do not believe Abberline.
(c) They have been promised promotions by the Queen.
(d) They are Masons.
10. In what does Mary's husband refuse to engage?
11. Whom does Abberline see at the murder scene?
(a) Joseph Merrick.
(b) William Blake.
(c) William Morris.
(d) Aleister Crowley.
12. Of what does Albert warn Mary Kelly?
(a) His daughter is probably ill.
(b) God's wrath.
(c) The strike.
(d) Her impending murder.
13. Who is snubbed by Gull in Chapter 9?
(b) Roberts Lees.
(d) Mary Kelly.
14. Why does Druitt lose his job as a teacher?
(a) He kissed a student.
(b) He slapped a student.
(c) He grew too old.
(d) He was a terrible teacher.
15. What arrangement does Abberline make with Mary Kelly in Chapter 9?
(a) He will help her escape.
(b) He will find someone to take her place.
(d) A job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
2. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
3. On whom do the Masons pin Jack the Ripper's murders?
4. What does Lees claim to have to Abberline?
5. What goes unheeded in the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)