|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose clothes are burnt by Gull?
2. Why does Druitt lose his job as a teacher?
(a) He was a terrible teacher.
(b) He slapped a student.
(c) He kissed a student.
(d) He grew too old.
3. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
(a) They send his saner brother to take his place.
(b) They fake his death.
(c) They send in his resignation.
(d) They kill him.
4. Besides drinking, how does Mary Kelly spend her time awaiting her murder?
(b) Sleeping with any man.
(c) Lesbian relationships.
5. During her arrest, what name does Kate Eddows give the police?
(a) Alice Kelly.
(b) Annie Kelly.
(c) Mary Kelly.
(d) Jane Kelly.
6. What is significant about Druitt's acquaintance, who gets him drunk?
(a) He is Gull's assistant at the madhouse.
(b) He is a Mason.
(c) He is a homosexual.
(d) He is a woman disguised as a man.
7. What is Mary Kelly's reaction to her husband's refusal to go along with her hard-living before her murder?
(a) She gives him money to escape London.
(b) She grants him a divorce.
(c) She prays for forgiveness.
(d) She kicks him out of their apartment.
8. Who replaces the resigned Warren?
(b) James Monro.
9. What goes unheeded in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Abberline's letter.
(b) Mary's warning to Abberline about Jack the Ripper.
(c) Mary's cries for help.
(d) Abberline's arrest warrant.
10. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
11. What are the contents of the letter for Abberline?
(a) It tells of the conspiracy around Albert.
(b) Mary is saying goodbye.
(c) It is a copy of a Masonic ritual.
(d) It details Gull being the murderer.
12. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
13. Why does Liz spit out the grapes?
(a) She is allergic to grapes.
(b) She hates grapes.
(c) Netley tells her he urinated on them.
(d) They tasted off.
14. Who is snubbed by Gull in Chapter 9?
(b) Mary Kelly.
(d) Roberts Lees.
15. What group is influencing Druitt's discharge and his invitation to a homosexual party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
2. While experiencing visions, what is Gull doing?
3. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
4. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
5. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)