|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Netley give to Liz?
(a) A kerchief.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) A flower.
(d) A shawl.
2. Why does Druitt lose his job as a teacher?
(a) He slapped a student.
(b) He grew too old.
(c) He was a terrible teacher.
(d) He kissed a student.
3. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
(a) The criticism of him not performing his job.
(b) He is joining the priesthood.
(c) He wants to quit the Freemasons.
(d) He wants to commit suicide.
4. How does Sickert attempt to comfort Albert in Chapter 8?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He gets him high on opium.
(c) He takes him to see Alice.
(d) He kisses him.
5. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
(a) Liz's tongue.
(b) Kate's heart.
(c) A bloody cloth.
(d) Polly's uterus.
6. Where does Chapter 12 begin?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) Cleveland Street.
(c) Abberline's apartment.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
7. What is significant about Druitt's acquaintance, who gets him drunk?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) He is a Mason.
(c) He is Gull's assistant at the madhouse.
(d) He is a woman disguised as a man.
8. How does Netley manage to pick up Kate Eddows?
(a) He tells her Gull wants her services.
(b) He offers to pay her bail.
(c) He offers to get her a job somewhere.
(d) He suggests that he wants to hire her boyfriend.
9. Who orders that the message found by Kate's body be erased?
10. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
(a) From Scotland Yard.
(b) From Your Poor Refuse.
(c) From Your Own Wastelands.
(d) From Hell.
11. After drugging Druitt, what do the Masons do to him?
(a) They throw him in a room with a dead prostitute.
(b) They tie him up and leave him at Scotland Yard.
(c) They hang him in the middle of Whitechapel.
(d) They throw him in the river to drown.
12. Of what does Albert warn Mary Kelly?
(a) Her impending murder.
(b) His daughter is probably ill.
(c) The strike.
(d) God's wrath.
13. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
(a) The violence.
(b) The use of a knife.
(c) The public locations.
(d) The use of an accomplice.
14. What group is influencing Druitt's discharge and his invitation to a homosexual party?
15. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
(a) He is going to meet "Emma."
(b) He is being promoted.
(c) He is going to the theater.
(d) He is leaving town.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her arrest, what name does Kate Eddows give the police?
2. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
3. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
4. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
5. Why does Abberline not recognize Mary Kelly's corpse as "Emma"?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)