|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
2. Why is Kate Eddows arrested?
(b) Public intoxication.
3. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
(a) The sexuality of the women.
(b) The technology.
(c) The pollution.
(d) The violence of the men.
4. What does Netley give to Liz?
(a) A kerchief.
(b) A flower.
(c) A shawl.
(d) A bonnet.
5. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
(a) He is leaving town.
(b) He is being promoted.
(c) He is going to meet "Emma."
(d) He is going to the theater.
6. Who is snubbed by Gull in Chapter 9?
(b) Roberts Lees.
(d) Mary Kelly.
7. Where does Chapter 12 begin?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Abberline's apartment.
(d) Cleveland Street.
8. Why do Abberline's superiors order him and Lees to never speak of Gull again?
(a) They are Masons.
(b) They have been promised promotions by the Queen.
(c) They have been paid off by Netley.
(d) They do not believe Abberline.
9. What is Albert in treatment for with Gull?
10. Of what does Albert warn Mary Kelly?
(a) God's wrath.
(b) Her impending murder.
(c) The strike.
(d) His daughter is probably ill.
11. Whom does Abberline see at the murder scene?
(a) William Blake.
(b) Aleister Crowley.
(c) William Morris.
(d) Joseph Merrick.
12. In what does Mary's husband refuse to engage?
13. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
(a) He claims to have knowledge of "Emma."
(b) He tells Abberline of Albert's child with Annie.
(c) He threatens to blackmail Abberline.
(d) He fakes a fainting spell.
14. What is sent along with the letter from Gull and Netley?
(a) Half a human tongue.
(b) Half a human uterus.
(c) Half a human kidney.
(d) Half a human heart.
15. Whose clothes are burnt by Gull?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sickert attempt to comfort Albert in Chapter 8?
2. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
3. Why does Liz spit out the grapes?
4. While drinking with Druitt, what does his acquaintance trick him into writing?
5. What affectionate gesture does Gull perform on Mary's body?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)