|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her arrest, what name does Kate Eddows give the police?
(a) Alice Kelly.
(b) Mary Kelly.
(c) Annie Kelly.
(d) Jane Kelly.
2. What arrangement does Abberline make with Mary Kelly in Chapter 9?
(a) He will help her escape.
(c) A job.
(d) He will find someone to take her place.
3. Of what game is Druitt a fan?
4. What is significant about Druitt's acquaintance, who gets him drunk?
(a) He is Gull's assistant at the madhouse.
(b) He is a Mason.
(c) He is a woman disguised as a man.
(d) He is a homosexual.
5. Why does Druitt lose his job as a teacher?
(a) He grew too old.
(b) He was a terrible teacher.
(c) He slapped a student.
(d) He kissed a student.
6. Under what name is Gull incarcerated in an insane asylum?
(a) Jack Abberline.
(b) Thomas Mason.
(c) Thomas Abberline.
(d) Jack Mason.
7. Why is Kate Eddows arrested?
(a) Public intoxication.
8. What does a police officer tell Gull about Kate Eddows, who has given a false name upon arrest?
(a) She is the Queen's confidante.
(b) She is Albert's wife.
(c) She is Alice's nurse.
(d) She is Mary Kelly.
9. Who is snubbed by Gull in Chapter 9?
(c) Roberts Lees.
(d) Mary Kelly.
10. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
(a) Liz's tongue.
(b) A bloody cloth.
(c) Kate's heart.
(d) Polly's uterus.
11. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
(a) A gymnasium.
(b) A school.
(c) A park.
(d) Office building.
12. How does Sickert attempt to comfort Albert in Chapter 8?
(a) He takes him to see Alice.
(b) He kisses him.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He gets him high on opium.
13. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
(a) The sexuality of the women.
(b) The technology.
(c) The pollution.
(d) The violence of the men.
14. Who left Abberline a letter with the bartender at Britannia?
15. Whom does Abberline see at the murder scene?
(a) Joseph Merrick.
(b) Aleister Crowley.
(c) William Morris.
(d) William Blake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
2. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
3. Who replaces the resigned Warren?
4. What sensations does Abberline feel while investigating Mary's body?
5. How is Albert soothing his guilty conscience with his schoolfriend?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)