|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her arrest, what name does Kate Eddows give the police?
(a) Annie Kelly.
(b) Mary Kelly.
(c) Alice Kelly.
(d) Jane Kelly.
2. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
(a) Gull is killing the wrong women.
(b) They are part of a ritual.
(c) The Queen ordered them.
(d) The women are innocent.
3. Why do Abberline's superiors order him and Lees to never speak of Gull again?
(a) They do not believe Abberline.
(b) They have been paid off by Netley.
(c) They are Masons.
(d) They have been promised promotions by the Queen.
4. What sensations does Abberline feel while investigating Mary's body?
5. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
(a) A park.
(b) Office building.
(c) A gymnasium.
(d) A school.
6. What are the contents of the letter for Abberline?
(a) It is a copy of a Masonic ritual.
(b) It tells of the conspiracy around Albert.
(c) Mary is saying goodbye.
(d) It details Gull being the murderer.
7. What is Albert in treatment for with Gull?
8. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
(a) He threatens to blackmail Abberline.
(b) He tells Abberline of Albert's child with Annie.
(c) He fakes a fainting spell.
(d) He claims to have knowledge of "Emma."
9. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
(a) He is joining the priesthood.
(b) He wants to commit suicide.
(c) He wants to quit the Freemasons.
(d) The criticism of him not performing his job.
10. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
(a) They send in his resignation.
(b) They kill him.
(c) They fake his death.
(d) They send his saner brother to take his place.
11. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
(a) The use of an accomplice.
(b) The use of a knife.
(c) The public locations.
(d) The violence.
12. Of what does Albert warn Mary Kelly?
(a) His daughter is probably ill.
(b) The strike.
(c) Her impending murder.
(d) God's wrath.
13. Where does Gull believe himself to be while with Mary's body?
(a) A church.
(b) Operating theater.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
14. Of what game is Druitt a fan?
15. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
(a) Abberline is a spy.
(b) They did not kill her friends.
(c) William Gull was inquiring about her.
(d) The royal family is after her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Abberline see at the murder scene?
2. What arrangement does Abberline make with Mary Kelly in Chapter 9?
3. While drinking with Druitt, what does his acquaintance trick him into writing?
4. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
5. What does a police officer tell Gull about Kate Eddows, who has given a false name upon arrest?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)