|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
(a) He threatens to blackmail Abberline.
(b) He fakes a fainting spell.
(c) He tells Abberline of Albert's child with Annie.
(d) He claims to have knowledge of "Emma."
2. What affectionate gesture does Gull perform on Mary's body?
(a) He combs her hair.
(b) He brushes her teeth.
(c) He washes her hands.
(d) He embraces her.
3. What group is influencing Druitt's discharge and his invitation to a homosexual party?
4. Who is snubbed by Gull in Chapter 9?
(b) Mary Kelly.
(c) Roberts Lees.
5. What part of Mary's body does Gull burn?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her uterus.
(c) Her liver.
(d) Her kidney.
6. Whom does Abberline see at the murder scene?
(a) William Morris.
(b) Aleister Crowley.
(c) Joseph Merrick.
(d) William Blake.
7. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
(a) The pollution.
(b) The sexuality of the women.
(c) The violence of the men.
(d) The technology.
8. What revelation does Gull make to Abberline?
(a) He is Jack the Ripper.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) Gull is an atheist.
(d) He gives Netley up as Jack the Ripper.
9. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
(a) A gymnasium.
(b) A school.
(c) A park.
(d) Office building.
10. What sensations does Abberline feel while investigating Mary's body?
11. Of what game is Druitt a fan?
12. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
(a) Abberline is a spy.
(b) The royal family is after her.
(c) They did not kill her friends.
(d) William Gull was inquiring about her.
13. What is significant about Druitt's acquaintance, who gets him drunk?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) He is a woman disguised as a man.
(c) He is Gull's assistant at the madhouse.
(d) He is a Mason.
14. Under what name is Gull incarcerated in an insane asylum?
(a) Thomas Abberline.
(b) Jack Mason.
(c) Thomas Mason.
(d) Jack Abberline.
15. Who left Abberline a letter with the bartender at Britannia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
2. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
3. How is Albert soothing his guilty conscience with his schoolfriend?
4. Why does Liz spit out the grapes?
5. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)