|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
(a) He fakes a fainting spell.
(b) He claims to have knowledge of "Emma."
(c) He tells Abberline of Albert's child with Annie.
(d) He threatens to blackmail Abberline.
2. Whose clothes are burnt by Gull?
3. Why has Liz been forced to the streets?
(a) She was living there illegally.
(b) She could not pay her rent.
(c) The Nichol Mob forced her out.
(d) She had a fight with her partner.
4. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
(a) Money lender.
(d) Shop owner.
5. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
(a) The royal family is after her.
(b) Abberline is a spy.
(c) They did not kill her friends.
(d) William Gull was inquiring about her.
6. Why does Abberline not recognize Mary Kelly's corpse as "Emma"?
(a) It is too mutilated.
(b) He thought he saw "Emma" on the street.
(c) She had cut her hair before the murder.
(d) He never looked at the corpse.
7. Besides drinking, how does Mary Kelly spend her time awaiting her murder?
(a) Sleeping with any man.
(c) Lesbian relationships.
8. What does Lees claim to have to Abberline?
(a) One of the targeted prostitutes.
(b) Albert's daughter.
(c) Jack's knife.
(d) Knowledge of the murder.
9. In Chapter 9, what revelation does Netley make to Gull?
(a) Netley is a police officer.
(b) Queen Victoria is planning to have Gull killed.
(c) Mary has printed a letter in the paper about Albert.
(d) Gull killed the wrong woman.
10. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The earthquake.
(b) The strike.
(c) The double murder.
(d) The invading army.
11. Who is snubbed by Gull in Chapter 9?
(a) Mary Kelly.
(c) Roberts Lees.
12. What affectionate gesture does Gull perform on Mary's body?
(a) He combs her hair.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He brushes her teeth.
(d) He washes her hands.
13. How does Sickert attempt to comfort Albert in Chapter 8?
(a) He kisses him.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He takes him to see Alice.
(d) He gets him high on opium.
14. What are the contents of the letter for Abberline?
(a) Mary is saying goodbye.
(b) It details Gull being the murderer.
(c) It is a copy of a Masonic ritual.
(d) It tells of the conspiracy around Albert.
15. Under what name is Gull incarcerated in an insane asylum?
(a) Jack Mason.
(b) Thomas Mason.
(c) Thomas Abberline.
(d) Jack Abberline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Druitt's acquaintance, who gets him drunk?
2. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
3. Why does Gull feel insulted by the Masons?
4. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
5. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)