|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gull believe himself to be while with Mary's body?
(a) Operating theater.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) A church.
2. Why does Abberline not recognize Mary Kelly's corpse as "Emma"?
(a) She had cut her hair before the murder.
(b) He thought he saw "Emma" on the street.
(c) It is too mutilated.
(d) He never looked at the corpse.
3. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
(a) He is joining the priesthood.
(b) The criticism of him not performing his job.
(c) He wants to quit the Freemasons.
(d) He wants to commit suicide.
4. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
(a) They are part of a ritual.
(b) The Queen ordered them.
(c) Gull is killing the wrong women.
(d) The women are innocent.
5. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
(a) The use of a knife.
(b) The public locations.
(c) The use of an accomplice.
(d) The violence.
6. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
(a) Miller's Court.
(b) Mary's apartment.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
7. What is Mary Kelly's reaction to her husband's refusal to go along with her hard-living before her murder?
(a) She gives him money to escape London.
(b) She prays for forgiveness.
(c) She kicks him out of their apartment.
(d) She grants him a divorce.
8. Besides drinking, how does Mary Kelly spend her time awaiting her murder?
(a) Sleeping with any man.
(c) Lesbian relationships.
9. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
(a) A gymnasium.
(b) Office building.
(c) A school.
(d) A park.
10. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
(a) A flower.
(b) A bonnet.
(d) A shawl.
11. What is Gull's first vision while in Mary's apartment?
(a) His conversation with Hinton.
(b) William Blake.
(c) A modern office building.
(d) His father's death.
12. What affectionate gesture does Gull perform on Mary's body?
(a) He combs her hair.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He brushes her teeth.
(d) He washes her hands.
13. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
14. What does Gull not do to Kate's body?
(a) Mutilate her body.
(b) Rape her corpse.
(c) Hack off her nose.
(d) Gut her.
15. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The double murder.
(b) The earthquake.
(c) The strike.
(d) The invading army.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what revelation does Netley make to Gull?
2. How does Netley manage to pick up Kate Eddows?
3. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
4. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
5. What does a police officer tell Gull about Kate Eddows, who has given a false name upon arrest?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)