|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After drugging Druitt, what do the Masons do to him?
(a) They throw him in a room with a dead prostitute.
(b) They tie him up and leave him at Scotland Yard.
(c) They throw him in the river to drown.
(d) They hang him in the middle of Whitechapel.
2. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
(a) Shop owner.
(d) Money lender.
3. What is strange about Gull's treatment of Liz?
(a) He dresses her in a man's clothing.
(b) He remembers a future event in which she is not mutilated.
(c) He is vicious in his mutilations.
(d) He is tender with laying her body out properly.
4. How does Sickert attempt to comfort Albert in Chapter 8?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He gets him high on opium.
(c) He takes him to see Alice.
(d) He kisses him.
5. Of what game is Druitt a fan?
6. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
(a) He is leaving town.
(b) He is going to meet "Emma."
(c) He is being promoted.
(d) He is going to the theater.
7. What are the contents of the letter for Abberline?
(a) It is a copy of a Masonic ritual.
(b) It details Gull being the murderer.
(c) It tells of the conspiracy around Albert.
(d) Mary is saying goodbye.
8. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
(a) Kate's heart.
(b) Liz's tongue.
(c) A bloody cloth.
(d) Polly's uterus.
9. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The earthquake.
(b) The strike.
(c) The invading army.
(d) The double murder.
10. What does Abberline discover during the inquests into Mary's murder?
(a) The police officers are all Masons.
(b) The testimonies put Gull at the scene of the murder.
(c) The testimonies conflict.
(d) Mary is still alive.
11. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
(a) They are part of a ritual.
(b) The women are innocent.
(c) The Queen ordered them.
(d) Gull is killing the wrong women.
12. Where does Chapter 12 begin?
(a) Cleveland Street.
(b) Abberline's apartment.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Scotland Yard.
13. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
(a) They kill him.
(b) They send his saner brother to take his place.
(c) They fake his death.
(d) They send in his resignation.
14. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
(a) He overheard Gull telling the Queen about the murders.
(b) He is still angry over the snub.
(c) He saw Gull murder Mary Kelly.
(d) He noticed Gull had blood on his cuff one night.
15. Of what does Albert warn Mary Kelly?
(a) His daughter is probably ill.
(b) The strike.
(c) Her impending murder.
(d) God's wrath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
2. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
3. How does Chapter 9 end?
4. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
5. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)