|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revelation does Gull make to Abberline?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) Gull is an atheist.
(c) He gives Netley up as Jack the Ripper.
(d) He is Jack the Ripper.
2. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
(a) The pollution.
(b) The sexuality of the women.
(c) The violence of the men.
(d) The technology.
3. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
(a) From Your Poor Refuse.
(b) From Scotland Yard.
(c) From Your Own Wastelands.
(d) From Hell.
4. What group is influencing Druitt's discharge and his invitation to a homosexual party?
5. How does Netley manage to pick up Kate Eddows?
(a) He tells her Gull wants her services.
(b) He offers to get her a job somewhere.
(c) He offers to pay her bail.
(d) He suggests that he wants to hire her boyfriend.
6. What is Albert in treatment for with Gull?
7. What does Netley give to Liz?
(a) A kerchief.
(b) A flower.
(c) A bonnet.
(d) A shawl.
8. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
(a) William Gull was inquiring about her.
(b) Abberline is a spy.
(c) The royal family is after her.
(d) They did not kill her friends.
9. Of what game is Druitt a fan?
10. While experiencing visions, what is Gull doing?
(b) Burying Mary's body.
(d) Mutilating Mary's body.
11. What arrangement does Abberline make with Mary Kelly in Chapter 9?
(a) A job.
(c) He will help her escape.
(d) He will find someone to take her place.
12. Besides drinking, how does Mary Kelly spend her time awaiting her murder?
(a) Lesbian relationships.
(d) Sleeping with any man.
13. What is sent along with the letter from Gull and Netley?
(a) Half a human heart.
(b) Half a human uterus.
(c) Half a human tongue.
(d) Half a human kidney.
14. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
(a) Inspector Abberline.
(b) Prince Albert.
(c) Sir William Gull.
(d) Jack the Ripper.
15. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
(a) He is going to the theater.
(b) He is being promoted.
(c) He is going to meet "Emma."
(d) He is leaving town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Albert warn Mary Kelly?
2. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
3. What does Lees claim to have to Abberline?
4. What does Abberline discover during the inquests into Mary's murder?
5. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)