|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Mary's husband refuse to engage?
2. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
3. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
(a) The women are innocent.
(b) The Queen ordered them.
(c) They are part of a ritual.
(d) Gull is killing the wrong women.
4. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
(a) The violence of the men.
(b) The pollution.
(c) The sexuality of the women.
(d) The technology.
5. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
(a) Mary's apartment.
(b) Miller's Court.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
6. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
(a) A park.
(b) A school.
(c) A gymnasium.
(d) Office building.
7. What is strange about Gull's treatment of Liz?
(a) He is tender with laying her body out properly.
(b) He is vicious in his mutilations.
(c) He remembers a future event in which she is not mutilated.
(d) He dresses her in a man's clothing.
8. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
(a) Shop owner.
(d) Money lender.
9. How does Chapter 9 end?
(a) Mary escapes London.
(b) Gull strangles Mary.
(c) Mary sleeps with Abberline.
(d) Julia sleeps in Mary's bed.
10. During her arrest, what name does Kate Eddows give the police?
(a) Mary Kelly.
(b) Alice Kelly.
(c) Annie Kelly.
(d) Jane Kelly.
11. What does Gull not do to Kate's body?
(a) Gut her.
(b) Rape her corpse.
(c) Mutilate her body.
(d) Hack off her nose.
12. Why does Abberline not recognize Mary Kelly's corpse as "Emma"?
(a) It is too mutilated.
(b) He thought he saw "Emma" on the street.
(c) She had cut her hair before the murder.
(d) He never looked at the corpse.
13. Besides drinking, how does Mary Kelly spend her time awaiting her murder?
(b) Lesbian relationships.
(d) Sleeping with any man.
14. What does Abberline discover during the inquests into Mary's murder?
(a) The police officers are all Masons.
(b) The testimonies put Gull at the scene of the murder.
(c) Mary is still alive.
(d) The testimonies conflict.
15. What is Mary Kelly's reaction to her husband's refusal to go along with her hard-living before her murder?
(a) She kicks him out of their apartment.
(b) She prays for forgiveness.
(c) She gives him money to escape London.
(d) She grants him a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a police officer tell Gull about Kate Eddows, who has given a false name upon arrest?
2. How does Netley manage to pick up Kate Eddows?
3. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
4. Where does Chapter 12 begin?
5. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)