|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
(a) He is leaving town.
(b) He is going to the theater.
(c) He is being promoted.
(d) He is going to meet "Emma."
2. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
(a) He saw Gull murder Mary Kelly.
(b) He is still angry over the snub.
(c) He overheard Gull telling the Queen about the murders.
(d) He noticed Gull had blood on his cuff one night.
3. Who replaces the resigned Warren?
(c) James Monro.
4. What is Gull's first vision while in Mary's apartment?
(a) A modern office building.
(b) His father's death.
(c) William Blake.
(d) His conversation with Hinton.
5. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
(a) Miller's Court.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) Mary's apartment.
6. What does Gull do with the remnants of Mary's burnt body part?
(a) He seasons his meal with it.
(b) He drinks it with wine.
(c) He scatters the ashes in the wind.
(d) He feeds it to a dog.
7. How is Albert soothing his guilty conscience with his schoolfriend?
(d) Oral sex.
8. What does a police officer tell Gull about Kate Eddows, who has given a false name upon arrest?
(a) She is Alice's nurse.
(b) She is Albert's wife.
(c) She is the Queen's confidante.
(d) She is Mary Kelly.
9. How does Sickert attempt to comfort Albert in Chapter 8?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He takes him to see Alice.
(c) He gets him high on opium.
(d) He kisses him.
10. Under what name is Gull incarcerated in an insane asylum?
(a) Thomas Mason.
(b) Thomas Abberline.
(c) Jack Mason.
(d) Jack Abberline.
11. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
(a) He threatens to blackmail Abberline.
(b) He claims to have knowledge of "Emma."
(c) He fakes a fainting spell.
(d) He tells Abberline of Albert's child with Annie.
12. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
13. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The earthquake.
(b) The double murder.
(c) The strike.
(d) The invading army.
14. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
(c) Money lender.
(d) Shop owner.
15. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
(a) From Your Poor Refuse.
(b) From Hell.
(c) From Scotland Yard.
(d) From Your Own Wastelands.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
2. Who is snubbed by Gull in Chapter 9?
3. What goes unheeded in the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. On whom do the Masons pin Jack the Ripper's murders?
5. What revelation does Gull make to Abberline?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)