|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Albert in treatment for with Gull?
2. What goes unheeded in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Abberline's arrest warrant.
(b) Mary's warning to Abberline about Jack the Ripper.
(c) Abberline's letter.
(d) Mary's cries for help.
3. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
(a) He saw Gull murder Mary Kelly.
(b) He overheard Gull telling the Queen about the murders.
(c) He noticed Gull had blood on his cuff one night.
(d) He is still angry over the snub.
4. Where does Gull believe himself to be while with Mary's body?
(a) Operating theater.
(b) A church.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Scotland Yard.
5. Who replaces the resigned Warren?
(c) James Monro.
6. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
(a) He threatens to blackmail Abberline.
(b) He fakes a fainting spell.
(c) He claims to have knowledge of "Emma."
(d) He tells Abberline of Albert's child with Annie.
7. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
(a) They are part of a ritual.
(b) The women are innocent.
(c) The Queen ordered them.
(d) Gull is killing the wrong women.
8. What are the contents of the letter for Abberline?
(a) It tells of the conspiracy around Albert.
(b) Mary is saying goodbye.
(c) It details Gull being the murderer.
(d) It is a copy of a Masonic ritual.
9. Where does Chapter 12 begin?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Cleveland Street.
(c) Abberline's apartment.
(d) Scotland Yard.
10. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
(b) Shop owner.
(d) Money lender.
11. What revelation does Gull make to Abberline?
(a) Gull is an atheist.
(b) He is Jack the Ripper.
(c) He is a homosexual.
(d) He gives Netley up as Jack the Ripper.
12. In what does Mary's husband refuse to engage?
13. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Sir William Gull.
(c) Jack the Ripper.
(d) Inspector Abberline.
14. Why does Liz spit out the grapes?
(a) They tasted off.
(b) Netley tells her he urinated on them.
(c) She is allergic to grapes.
(d) She hates grapes.
15. While experiencing visions, what is Gull doing?
(a) Burying Mary's body.
(c) Mutilating Mary's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is snubbed by Gull in Chapter 9?
2. Who orders that the message found by Kate's body be erased?
3. What is sent along with the letter from Gull and Netley?
4. Who left Abberline a letter with the bartender at Britannia?
5. Why does Gull feel insulted by the Masons?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)