|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
(a) Miller's Court.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Mary's apartment.
(d) Scotland Yard.
2. In what does Mary's husband refuse to engage?
3. What group is influencing Druitt's discharge and his invitation to a homosexual party?
4. What is Albert in treatment for with Gull?
5. What happens to Gull when he murders Liz?
(a) He severely cuts himself.
(b) He goes into a fugue.
(c) He faints.
(d) He breaks his leg.
6. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
(a) The sexuality of the women.
(b) The violence of the men.
(c) The technology.
(d) The pollution.
7. What is significant about Druitt's acquaintance, who gets him drunk?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) He is Gull's assistant at the madhouse.
(c) He is a woman disguised as a man.
(d) He is a Mason.
8. What arrangement does Abberline make with Mary Kelly in Chapter 9?
(a) He will find someone to take her place.
(c) He will help her escape.
(d) A job.
9. How does Chapter 9 end?
(a) Mary sleeps with Abberline.
(b) Gull strangles Mary.
(c) Mary escapes London.
(d) Julia sleeps in Mary's bed.
10. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
11. What revelation does Gull make to Abberline?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) He is Jack the Ripper.
(c) He gives Netley up as Jack the Ripper.
(d) Gull is an atheist.
12. Besides drinking, how does Mary Kelly spend her time awaiting her murder?
(b) Sleeping with any man.
(c) Lesbian relationships.
13. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
(a) From Your Own Wastelands.
(b) From Scotland Yard.
(c) From Your Poor Refuse.
(d) From Hell.
14. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
(a) They send in his resignation.
(b) They fake his death.
(c) They kill him.
(d) They send his saner brother to take his place.
15. While drinking with Druitt, what does his acquaintance trick him into writing?
(a) The "Saucy Jacky" letter.
(b) Suicide note.
(c) Ransom note.
(d) The "From Hell" letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. While experiencing visions, what is Gull doing?
2. In Chapter 9, what revelation does Netley make to Gull?
3. What part of Mary's body does Gull burn?
4. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
5. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)