|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Albert warn Mary Kelly?
(a) The strike.
(b) God's wrath.
(c) His daughter is probably ill.
(d) Her impending murder.
2. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
(a) He is being promoted.
(b) He is going to the theater.
(c) He is leaving town.
(d) He is going to meet "Emma."
3. Whose clothes are burnt by Gull?
4. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A flower.
(c) A bonnet.
5. How is Albert soothing his guilty conscience with his schoolfriend?
(c) Oral sex.
6. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
(a) Polly's uterus.
(b) Kate's heart.
(c) Liz's tongue.
(d) A bloody cloth.
7. Why does Liz spit out the grapes?
(a) They tasted off.
(b) Netley tells her he urinated on them.
(c) She hates grapes.
(d) She is allergic to grapes.
8. What affectionate gesture does Gull perform on Mary's body?
(a) He combs her hair.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He brushes her teeth.
(d) He washes her hands.
9. Why do Abberline's superiors order him and Lees to never speak of Gull again?
(a) They are Masons.
(b) They have been paid off by Netley.
(c) They do not believe Abberline.
(d) They have been promised promotions by the Queen.
10. What is significant about Druitt's sexual orientation?
(a) He is a closeted homosexual.
(b) He is attracted to inanimate objects.
(c) He claims homosexuality, but is actually heterosexual.
(d) He is asexual.
11. What is sent along with the letter from Gull and Netley?
(a) Half a human heart.
(b) Half a human kidney.
(c) Half a human uterus.
(d) Half a human tongue.
12. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
(a) They did not kill her friends.
(b) Abberline is a spy.
(c) William Gull was inquiring about her.
(d) The royal family is after her.
13. What is significant about Druitt's acquaintance, who gets him drunk?
(a) He is Gull's assistant at the madhouse.
(b) He is a woman disguised as a man.
(c) He is a Mason.
(d) He is a homosexual.
14. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
(a) The violence.
(b) The public locations.
(c) The use of a knife.
(d) The use of an accomplice.
15. Why does Abberline not recognize Mary Kelly's corpse as "Emma"?
(a) He never looked at the corpse.
(b) She had cut her hair before the murder.
(c) He thought he saw "Emma" on the street.
(d) It is too mutilated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gull's first vision while in Mary's apartment?
2. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
3. Who orders that the message found by Kate's body be erased?
4. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
5. What group is influencing Druitt's discharge and his invitation to a homosexual party?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)