|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Netley give to Liz?
(a) A flower.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) A shawl.
(d) A kerchief.
2. What affectionate gesture does Gull perform on Mary's body?
(a) He washes her hands.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He brushes her teeth.
(d) He combs her hair.
3. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
(a) The technology.
(b) The violence of the men.
(c) The pollution.
(d) The sexuality of the women.
4. What revelation does Gull make to Abberline?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) He gives Netley up as Jack the Ripper.
(c) He is Jack the Ripper.
(d) Gull is an atheist.
5. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The strike.
(b) The double murder.
(c) The invading army.
(d) The earthquake.
6. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
(a) Mary's apartment.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Miller's Court.
(d) Scotland Yard.
7. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
(a) They are part of a ritual.
(b) The Queen ordered them.
(c) Gull is killing the wrong women.
(d) The women are innocent.
8. What does Abberline discover during the inquests into Mary's murder?
(a) Mary is still alive.
(b) The police officers are all Masons.
(c) The testimonies conflict.
(d) The testimonies put Gull at the scene of the murder.
9. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
10. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
(a) From Your Poor Refuse.
(b) From Your Own Wastelands.
(c) From Scotland Yard.
(d) From Hell.
11. How does Netley manage to pick up Kate Eddows?
(a) He tells her Gull wants her services.
(b) He offers to get her a job somewhere.
(c) He suggests that he wants to hire her boyfriend.
(d) He offers to pay her bail.
12. On whom do the Masons pin Jack the Ripper's murders?
(b) Montague John Druitt.
(c) Thomas Addley.
(d) John Trevor Mason.
13. What is significant about Druitt's acquaintance, who gets him drunk?
(a) He is a woman disguised as a man.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He is a Mason.
(d) He is Gull's assistant at the madhouse.
14. What sensations does Abberline feel while investigating Mary's body?
15. How is Albert soothing his guilty conscience with his schoolfriend?
(c) Oral sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. While drinking with Druitt, what does his acquaintance trick him into writing?
2. During her arrest, what name does Kate Eddows give the police?
3. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
4. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Gull believe himself to be while with Mary's body?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)