|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose clothes are burnt by Gull?
2. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A flower.
(d) A bonnet.
3. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
(a) From Scotland Yard.
(b) From Your Own Wastelands.
(c) From Your Poor Refuse.
(d) From Hell.
4. What does Gull not do to Kate's body?
(a) Rape her corpse.
(b) Gut her.
(c) Hack off her nose.
(d) Mutilate her body.
5. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
(a) The pollution.
(b) The technology.
(c) The sexuality of the women.
(d) The violence of the men.
6. What is strange about Gull's treatment of Liz?
(a) He dresses her in a man's clothing.
(b) He is vicious in his mutilations.
(c) He is tender with laying her body out properly.
(d) He remembers a future event in which she is not mutilated.
7. While experiencing visions, what is Gull doing?
(a) Burying Mary's body.
(c) Mutilating Mary's body.
8. Why is Kate Eddows arrested?
(d) Public intoxication.
9. What happens to Gull when he murders Liz?
(a) He severely cuts himself.
(b) He faints.
(c) He goes into a fugue.
(d) He breaks his leg.
10. What does Netley give to Liz?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A kerchief.
(c) A bonnet.
(d) A flower.
11. Whom does Abberline see at the murder scene?
(a) William Blake.
(b) Aleister Crowley.
(c) William Morris.
(d) Joseph Merrick.
12. On whom do the Masons pin Jack the Ripper's murders?
(a) Montague John Druitt.
(b) John Trevor Mason.
(c) Thomas Addley.
13. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
(a) He is going to the theater.
(b) He is going to meet "Emma."
(c) He is being promoted.
(d) He is leaving town.
14. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
(a) Sir William Gull.
(b) Inspector Abberline.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) Jack the Ripper.
15. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
(a) He saw Gull murder Mary Kelly.
(b) He overheard Gull telling the Queen about the murders.
(c) He is still angry over the snub.
(d) He noticed Gull had blood on his cuff one night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
2. Of what game is Druitt a fan?
3. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
4. Under what name is Gull incarcerated in an insane asylum?
5. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)