|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
(a) Kate's heart.
(b) Polly's uterus.
(c) Liz's tongue.
(d) A bloody cloth.
2. Where does Chapter 12 begin?
(a) Abberline's apartment.
(b) Cleveland Street.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Scotland Yard.
3. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
(a) The women are innocent.
(b) Gull is killing the wrong women.
(c) They are part of a ritual.
(d) The Queen ordered them.
4. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The strike.
(b) The invading army.
(c) The earthquake.
(d) The double murder.
5. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
(a) Sir William Gull.
(b) Prince Albert.
(c) Inspector Abberline.
(d) Jack the Ripper.
6. What is Mary Kelly's reaction to her husband's refusal to go along with her hard-living before her murder?
(a) She gives him money to escape London.
(b) She grants him a divorce.
(c) She kicks him out of their apartment.
(d) She prays for forgiveness.
7. What revelation does Gull make to Abberline?
(a) He gives Netley up as Jack the Ripper.
(b) Gull is an atheist.
(c) He is Jack the Ripper.
(d) He is a homosexual.
8. Of what does Victoria disapprove in Gull's tactics of murdering the women?
(a) The use of an accomplice.
(b) The violence.
(c) The use of a knife.
(d) The public locations.
9. What emotion does Gull feel for Mary's corpse?
10. What arrangement does Abberline make with Mary Kelly in Chapter 9?
(b) A job.
(c) He will help her escape.
(d) He will find someone to take her place.
11. What happens to Gull when he murders Liz?
(a) He faints.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He goes into a fugue.
(d) He severely cuts himself.
12. What does Gull not do to Kate's body?
(a) Mutilate her body.
(b) Gut her.
(c) Rape her corpse.
(d) Hack off her nose.
13. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
(a) They send his saner brother to take his place.
(b) They kill him.
(c) They fake his death.
(d) They send in his resignation.
14. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
(a) He threatens to blackmail Abberline.
(b) He tells Abberline of Albert's child with Annie.
(c) He fakes a fainting spell.
(d) He claims to have knowledge of "Emma."
15. Why does Druitt lose his job as a teacher?
(a) He was a terrible teacher.
(b) He kissed a student.
(c) He slapped a student.
(d) He grew too old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lees claim to have to Abberline?
2. What are the contents of the letter for Abberline?
3. How does Chapter 9 end?
4. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
5. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)