|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gull's first vision while in Mary's apartment?
(a) A modern office building.
(b) His conversation with Hinton.
(c) His father's death.
(d) William Blake.
2. How does Netley manage to pick up Kate Eddows?
(a) He tells her Gull wants her services.
(b) He offers to pay her bail.
(c) He suggests that he wants to hire her boyfriend.
(d) He offers to get her a job somewhere.
3. Why is Abberline dressed up in Chapter 11?
(a) He is leaving town.
(b) He is being promoted.
(c) He is going to meet "Emma."
(d) He is going to the theater.
4. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The invading army.
(b) The double murder.
(c) The earthquake.
(d) The strike.
5. For what reason does Lees take Abberline to Gull's home?
(a) He overheard Gull telling the Queen about the murders.
(b) He saw Gull murder Mary Kelly.
(c) He noticed Gull had blood on his cuff one night.
(d) He is still angry over the snub.
6. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
(a) Jack the Ripper.
(b) Inspector Abberline.
(c) Sir William Gull.
(d) Prince Albert.
7. What goes unheeded in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Mary's warning to Abberline about Jack the Ripper.
(b) Mary's cries for help.
(c) Abberline's arrest warrant.
(d) Abberline's letter.
8. Under what name is Gull incarcerated in an insane asylum?
(a) Jack Abberline.
(b) Jack Mason.
(c) Thomas Abberline.
(d) Thomas Mason.
9. What is the fate of Pizer, arrested with suspicion of being Leather Apron?
(a) He is murdererd.
(b) He is held in prison for the rest of his life.
(c) He is released.
(d) He is incarcerated in a madhouse.
10. How does Chapter 9 end?
(a) Mary escapes London.
(b) Gull strangles Mary.
(c) Mary sleeps with Abberline.
(d) Julia sleeps in Mary's bed.
11. Why does Gull feel insulted by the Masons?
(a) They do not believe he is the murderer.
(b) They snubbed him.
(c) They put him on trial.
(d) They have denied his existence.
12. How do the Masons hide Gull away?
(a) They send his saner brother to take his place.
(b) They fake his death.
(c) They kill him.
(d) They send in his resignation.
13. What affectionate gesture does Gull perform on Mary's body?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He combs her hair.
(c) He brushes her teeth.
(d) He washes her hands.
14. After drugging Druitt, what do the Masons do to him?
(a) They throw him in the river to drown.
(b) They hang him in the middle of Whitechapel.
(c) They tie him up and leave him at Scotland Yard.
(d) They throw him in a room with a dead prostitute.
15. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
(a) William Gull was inquiring about her.
(b) The royal family is after her.
(c) Abberline is a spy.
(d) They did not kill her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Warren resign in Chapter 9?
2. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
3. Who replaces the resigned Warren?
4. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
5. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)