|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders that the message found by Kate's body be erased?
2. According to false evidence and the letter, who is Druitt identified as?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Inspector Abberline.
(c) Jack the Ripper.
(d) Sir William Gull.
3. What does a police officer tell Gull about Kate Eddows, who has given a false name upon arrest?
(a) She is Alice's nurse.
(b) She is Albert's wife.
(c) She is the Queen's confidante.
(d) She is Mary Kelly.
4. What is sent along with the letter from Gull and Netley?
(a) Half a human heart.
(b) Half a human kidney.
(c) Half a human uterus.
(d) Half a human tongue.
5. What arrangement does Abberline make with Mary Kelly in Chapter 9?
(b) A job.
(c) He will help her escape.
(d) He will find someone to take her place.
6. While experiencing visions, what is Gull doing?
(b) Mutilating Mary's body.
(c) Burying Mary's body.
7. How does Lees force Abberline to investigate his false vision?
(a) He claims to have knowledge of "Emma."
(b) He fakes a fainting spell.
(c) He tells Abberline of Albert's child with Annie.
(d) He threatens to blackmail Abberline.
8. What does Lees claim to have to Abberline?
(a) Jack's knife.
(b) Albert's daughter.
(c) Knowledge of the murder.
(d) One of the targeted prostitutes.
9. What goes unheeded in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Mary's cries for help.
(b) Abberline's arrest warrant.
(c) Mary's warning to Abberline about Jack the Ripper.
(d) Abberline's letter.
10. What does Gull not do to Kate's body?
(a) Hack off her nose.
(b) Mutilate her body.
(c) Gut her.
(d) Rape her corpse.
11. Under what name is Gull incarcerated in an insane asylum?
(a) Thomas Abberline.
(b) Thomas Mason.
(c) Jack Abberline.
(d) Jack Mason.
12. What is significant about Druitt's acquaintance, who gets him drunk?
(a) He is Gull's assistant at the madhouse.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He is a Mason.
(d) He is a woman disguised as a man.
13. Whose clothes are burnt by Gull?
14. Why does Gull feel insulted by the Masons?
(a) They have denied his existence.
(b) They snubbed him.
(c) They put him on trial.
(d) They do not believe he is the murderer.
15. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
(b) Money lender.
(c) Shop owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gull do with the remnants of Mary's burnt body part?
2. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
3. What does Sir Charles Warren realize about the murders when he pleads with Gull to cease them?
4. Where does Gull believe himself to be while with Mary's body?
5. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)