|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
(a) The violence of the men.
(b) The technology.
(c) The sexuality of the women.
(d) The pollution.
2. What is Mary Kelly's reaction to her husband's refusal to go along with her hard-living before her murder?
(a) She kicks him out of their apartment.
(b) She gives him money to escape London.
(c) She prays for forgiveness.
(d) She grants him a divorce.
3. Who replaces the resigned Warren?
(c) James Monro.
4. What is strange about Gull's treatment of Liz?
(a) He is vicious in his mutilations.
(b) He is tender with laying her body out properly.
(c) He dresses her in a man's clothing.
(d) He remembers a future event in which she is not mutilated.
5. Fill in the blank: Druitt's occupations are as a schoolteacher and a _____.
(a) Shop owner.
(c) Money lender.
6. Of what game is Druitt a fan?
7. What are the contents of the letter for Abberline?
(a) It is a copy of a Masonic ritual.
(b) It tells of the conspiracy around Albert.
(c) It details Gull being the murderer.
(d) Mary is saying goodbye.
8. What does Abberline give Kelly in Chapter 8?
(a) A bonnet.
(c) A flower.
(d) A shawl.
9. What is sent along with the letter from Gull and Netley?
(a) Half a human tongue.
(b) Half a human heart.
(c) Half a human uterus.
(d) Half a human kidney.
10. Who is snubbed by Gull in Chapter 9?
(b) Roberts Lees.
(c) Mary Kelly.
11. While drinking with Druitt, what does his acquaintance trick him into writing?
(a) The "From Hell" letter.
(b) The "Saucy Jacky" letter.
(c) Suicide note.
(d) Ransom note.
12. On whom do the Masons pin Jack the Ripper's murders?
(a) John Trevor Mason.
(c) Montague John Druitt.
(d) Thomas Addley.
13. Whom does Abberline see at the murder scene?
(a) Joseph Merrick.
(b) Aleister Crowley.
(c) William Morris.
(d) William Blake.
14. Besides drinking, how does Mary Kelly spend her time awaiting her murder?
(b) Lesbian relationships.
(c) Sleeping with any man.
15. What does Netley give to Liz?
(a) A bonnet.
(b) A shawl.
(c) A kerchief.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what name is Gull incarcerated in an insane asylum?
2. Why has Liz been forced to the streets?
3. When Gull dictates the letter to Netley in Chapter 9, from where is the letter addressed?
4. Where does Gull believe himself to be while with Mary's body?
5. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)