|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sent along with the letter from Gull and Netley?
(a) Half a human tongue.
(b) Half a human uterus.
(c) Half a human kidney.
(d) Half a human heart.
2. Whom does Abberline see at the murder scene?
(a) Joseph Merrick.
(b) William Morris.
(c) William Blake.
(d) Aleister Crowley.
3. How is Mary Kelly dealing with the knowledge of her last days alive?
4. What sensations does Abberline feel while investigating Mary's body?
5. Besides drinking, how does Mary Kelly spend her time awaiting her murder?
(c) Sleeping with any man.
(d) Lesbian relationships.
6. How does Chapter 9 end?
(a) Mary escapes London.
(b) Julia sleeps in Mary's bed.
(c) Mary sleeps with Abberline.
(d) Gull strangles Mary.
7. For what reason is Whitechapel in a frenzy at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The double murder.
(b) The earthquake.
(c) The invading army.
(d) The strike.
8. What does a police officer tell Gull about Kate Eddows, who has given a false name upon arrest?
(a) She is the Queen's confidante.
(b) She is Albert's wife.
(c) She is Alice's nurse.
(d) She is Mary Kelly.
9. What is strange about Gull's treatment of Liz?
(a) He is vicious in his mutilations.
(b) He is tender with laying her body out properly.
(c) He dresses her in a man's clothing.
(d) He remembers a future event in which she is not mutilated.
10. In Chapter 9, what revelation does Netley make to Gull?
(a) Netley is a police officer.
(b) Gull killed the wrong woman.
(c) Mary has printed a letter in the paper about Albert.
(d) Queen Victoria is planning to have Gull killed.
11. Where does Chapter 8 begin?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Miller's Court.
(d) Mary's apartment.
12. Where does Chapter 12 begin?
(a) Abberline's apartment.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Cleveland Street.
(d) Scotland Yard.
13. What is found near the message Gull leaves on the wall?
(a) Kate's heart.
(b) Liz's tongue.
(c) A bloody cloth.
(d) Polly's uterus.
14. After drugging Druitt, what do the Masons do to him?
(a) They hang him in the middle of Whitechapel.
(b) They tie him up and leave him at Scotland Yard.
(c) They throw him in the river to drown.
(d) They throw him in a room with a dead prostitute.
15. In what modern setting do Gull's visions take him in Chapter 10?
(a) Office building.
(b) A park.
(c) A gymnasium.
(d) A school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Kelly learn when she makes her payment for protection to the Nichol Mob?
2. What horrifies Gull when he gets a glimpse of the modern world?
3. On whom do the Masons pin Jack the Ripper's murders?
4. What is significant about Druitt's sexual orientation?
5. Who left Abberline a letter with the bartender at Britannia?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)