|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chapter 5 begin?
2. With whom does Annie meet after speaking with Liz and Mary?
(b) Her regular customer.
(d) Her priest.
3. How does Abberline treat the woman he knows as "Emma"?
(a) Like an animal.
(b) Like a child.
(c) Like a lady.
(d) Like a man.
4. What is the setting of the Prologue?
(b) Lees' house.
5. What name does Mary Kelly give Abberline instead of her real one?
6. What organization does William Gull join after school?
7. Outside of whose window does Gull strangle Polly?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(c) Joseph Merrick.
(d) Mary Kelly.
8. What portion of Polly's body does Gull take as a trophy during the evisceration?
(a) The kidney.
(b) The uterus.
(c) The liver.
(d) The heart.
9. When Liz, Annie, and Polly meet for a drink, what is the fate of their discussed acquaintance, Martha Tabram?
(a) Marriage to a respectable man.
10. In Klara Hitler's vision, what does she see spilling out of a chapel?
11. Who is a famous, historical figure that Gull meets in Chapter 2?
(a) P.T. Barnum.
(b) Jack the Ripper.
(c) Annie Oakley.
(d) Joseph Merrick.
12. Why do people at the inquest in Chapter 6 not take it seriously?
(a) They do not know a serial killer is loose.
(b) Polly was a burden to them.
(c) They do not know Polly was murdered.
(d) They are encouraged to not take it seriously.
13. Where do Sickert, Mary, Annie, and Annie's daughter travel to in Chapter 1?
14. In what year is Chapter 1 set?
15. In Chapter 4, why does Queen Victoria order Gull to kill Mary Kelly and her accomplices?
(a) Victoria wants to dissolve Albert's marriage to Mary.
(b) Mary is telling everyone about Alice.
(c) Victoria saw the blackmail letter sent to Sickert.
(d) Mary spat at the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gull frequently do with Dr. Hinton in the early mornings?
2. What does Annie Crook's father believe is at the center of Annie's madness?
3. How does Polly's family react to the news of her death?
4. What does Netley fail to do to Polly's body that Gull then corrects?
5. What does Thick believe about the murderer in Chapter 6?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)