|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Albert is being forced out of Alice's rooms, what title does Mary Kelly hear addressed to Albert?
(a) Your Highness.
(b) My Lord.
(c) Your Excellency.
(d) Your Majesty.
2. What is the name of Annie and Albert's daughter?
(a) Mary Anne.
(b) Elizabeth Alice.
(c) Anne Victoria.
(d) Alice Margaret.
3. To what scene do people flock in Chapter 6?
(a) The scene of Polly's murder.
(b) The arrest of Pitzer.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) Abberline's interview.
4. In what year is Chapter 1 set?
5. Who are Godley and Thick?
(a) Abberline's former employees.
(b) Abberline's assistants.
(c) Abberline's cousins.
(d) Abberline's brothers.
6. To what case is Abberline assigned?
(a) Annie's mutilation.
(b) Polly's murder.
(c) Alice's kidnapping.
(d) Albert's disappearance.
7. In Chapter 3, how is Mary Kelly earning a living?
8. What food is given to Annie by Gull?
9. Why do people at the inquest in Chapter 6 not take it seriously?
(a) They do not know a serial killer is loose.
(b) They do not know Polly was murdered.
(c) They are encouraged to not take it seriously.
(d) Polly was a burden to them.
10. Where do Sickert, Mary, Annie, and Annie's daughter travel to in Chapter 1?
11. After murdering Polly, what does Gull do after going to bed?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Kisses his wife.
(c) Reads his Bible.
(d) Kills his wife.
12. How does Gull order Netley to mark the four women they are to murder?
(a) A gift of clothing.
(b) White feathers.
(d) A bucket of water.
13. What sort of relationship does Albert pursue with Annie during Chapter 1?
14. How does William Gull force Annie Crook into derangement?
(a) He amputates her arm without anesthetic.
(b) He poisons her.
(c) He removes her thyroid.
(d) He psychologically tortures her.
15. What sort of school does William Gull go to as a young man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Netley give to Annie?
2. What is the point of the tactic discussed by Best and Gibbs?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 5, to whom does Gull confide in the impending murders?
4. What does Gull frequently do with Dr. Hinton in the early mornings?
5. In what year is the Prologue set?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)