|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gull determined to strengthen, according to his monologue to Netley in Chapter 4?
(a) The rule of men.
(b) The lower classes.
(c) The monarchy.
2. What name does Mary Kelly give Abberline instead of her real one?
3. For what does a young William Gull hope?
(a) A lovely wife.
(b) A spiritual awakening.
(c) Marriage to a royal.
(d) An exceptional, challenging life.
4. What portion of Polly's body does Gull take as a trophy during the evisceration?
(a) The heart.
(b) The uterus.
(c) The kidney.
(d) The liver.
5. What sort of school does William Gull go to as a young man?
6. Who does Thick arrest, believing him to be Leather Apron?
(a) William Gull.
(d) Jack Pizer.
7. How does Netley feel about the work of killing four women?
(a) He does not know he is participating in the murders.
(b) He is not bothered by it.
(c) He is blackmailed into helping Gull.
(d) He objects to it strenuously.
8. In Chapter 7, who do Annie and Liza meet for a drink?
(b) Annie Crook.
9. When Mary Kelly hatches the plan to blackmail Sickert, what do the four women refer to themselves as in Chapter 3?
(a) Satan's ladies.
(b) The four whores of the Apocalypse.
(c) God's avengers.
(d) Guardian angels.
10. To what case is Abberline assigned?
(a) Polly's murder.
(b) Annie's mutilation.
(c) Albert's disappearance.
(d) Alice's kidnapping.
11. Where does Chapter 5 begin?
12. What is Mary Kelly's relationship to Sickert?
13. With whom does Annie meet after speaking with Liz and Mary?
(c) Her regular customer.
(d) Her priest.
14. In Chapter 4, why does Queen Victoria order Gull to kill Mary Kelly and her accomplices?
(a) Mary is telling everyone about Alice.
(b) Victoria wants to dissolve Albert's marriage to Mary.
(c) Mary spat at the Queen.
(d) Victoria saw the blackmail letter sent to Sickert.
15. When Albert is being forced out of Alice's rooms, what title does Mary Kelly hear addressed to Albert?
(a) My Lord.
(b) Your Excellency.
(c) Your Highness.
(d) Your Majesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what scene do people flock in Chapter 6?
2. In what year is the Prologue set?
3. Why do people at the inquest in Chapter 6 not take it seriously?
4. What startling discovery is made about Polly's body when taken to the morgue?
5. What is graphically rendered in Chapter 1?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)