|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how is Mary Kelly earning a living?
2. What portion of Polly's body does Gull take as a trophy during the evisceration?
(a) The uterus.
(b) The kidney.
(c) The liver.
(d) The heart.
3. With whom does Annie meet after speaking with Liz and Mary?
(c) Her regular customer.
(d) Her priest.
4. What does Thick believe about the murderer in Chapter 6?
(a) The murderer is Leather Apron.
(b) The murderer is a foreigner.
(c) The murderer is a woman.
(d) The murderer has committed suicide already.
5. To what scene do people flock in Chapter 6?
(a) Abberline's interview.
(b) The scene of Polly's murder.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) The arrest of Pitzer.
6. What is the occupation of Robert Lees?
7. When Albert is being forced out of Alice's rooms, what title does Mary Kelly hear addressed to Albert?
(a) My Lord.
(b) Your Highness.
(c) Your Majesty.
(d) Your Excellency.
8. What do Annie, Liz, and Mary believe about Polly's murder?
(a) The Nichol mob murdered her.
(b) Polly committed suicide.
(c) Polly was mistaken for someone else.
(d) Polly ran across a bad John.
9. How does Polly's family react to the news of her death?
(a) They are devastated.
(b) They want to be compensated.
(c) They do not care.
(d) They embark on their own investigation.
10. Outside of whose window does Gull strangle Polly?
(a) Joseph Merrick.
(b) Mary Kelly.
(c) Queen Victoria.
11. What sort of shop employs Annie Crook?
(a) A dress shop.
(b) A tobacco shop.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A sweet shop.
12. Who does Thick arrest, believing him to be Leather Apron?
(b) Jack Pizer.
(c) William Gull.
13. How does Netley feel about the work of killing four women?
(a) He is not bothered by it.
(b) He objects to it strenuously.
(c) He does not know he is participating in the murders.
(d) He is blackmailed into helping Gull.
14. What entices Albert to marry Annie Crook?
(a) He is threatened by Mary.
(b) Annie promises to be his slave.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) He wants to escape his royal heritage.
15. How does the first false letter from the murderer begin?
(a) "Dear Boss."
(b) "From Saucy Jacky."
(c) "From Hell."
(d) "Dear Sir."
Short Answer Questions
1. What moniker is given to the murderer by the false letter?
2. What startling discovery is made about Polly's body when taken to the morgue?
3. While traveling to London with Netley, what shape does Gull order their route to take?
4. What does Annie Crook's father believe is at the center of Annie's madness?
5. What is graphically rendered in Chapter 1?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)