Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Prologue and Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4 Abstract
* In the Prologue, Lees and Abberline discuss their roles in the cover-up of the Whitechapel murders.
* Abberline notes that their cooperation is what kept them alive.
Chapters 5, 6, and 7 Abstract
* In 1884, an incognito Prince Albert falls in love with Annie Crook.
* Crook becomes pregnant and Albert marries her.
* Sometime after the birth...
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)