Prologue and Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4
• In the Prologue, Lees and Abberline discuss their roles in the cover-up of the Whitechapel murders.
• Abberline notes that their cooperation is what kept them alive.
• In 1884, an incognito Prince Albert falls in love with Annie Crook.
• Crook becomes pregnant and Albert marries her.
• Sometime after the birth of Annie and Albert's baby, the royal guard takes Albert away.
• Mary Kelly hears one of the men refer to Albert as "your Highness."
• William Gull's life is depicted from 1827 to the present day of the novel.
• Gull becomes a doctor and runs a women's lunatic asylum.
• Gull's mentor, Dr. Hinton, relays his son's theories on the fourth dimension.
• Gull is called to treat Albert's syphilis and becomes the confidante of fellow Freemason, Queen Victoria.
• Gull is called upon by the Queen to get rid of Annie Crook, whom he has committed and lobotomized.
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)