|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, “Scientific Truth ... and Love”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 5, "The Etiquette of Masculinity and Femininity,” traditional etiquette dominated American manners from the 1930s to when?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1980s.
(d) The 1940s.
2. Bailey notes that dating experience was only presented as a national what in the Introduction?
3. What refers to the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse?
4. What category does the author assert did not exist in the nineteenth century?
5. What term refers to a person's sex drive or desire for sexual activity?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 1, "Calling Cards and Money,” dating was a response of lower classes to the pressures of what?
2. According to the author in Chapter 4, "Sex Control,” many youths defined themselves as youth through what?
3. According to the author in the Introduction, the new systems of courtship were tied to an understanding of what?
4. When was Sigmund Freud born?
5. The system of dating and sex made who the controllers of sex as they had to enforce sexual limits, according to the author in Chapter 4, "Sex Control”?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)