|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, “Scientific Truth ... and Love”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 3, "The Worth of a Date,” women and men were keen on assessing each other’s what?
(a) Life experiences.
(b) Moral compass.
(c) Reputational worth.
(d) Monetary wealth.
2. Where was Ernest Burgess born?
(a) Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.
(b) Tilbury, Ontario.
(c) Vancouver, British Columbia.
(d) Winnipeg, Manitoba.
3. A sociologist argued that the changes in American attitudes towards marriage after World War I were the consequence of what in Chapter 6, "Scientific Truth ... and Love"?
(a) Spiritual and scientific changes.
(b) Changes in wealth distribution.
(c) Technological and associated social changes.
(d) Changes in global politics.
4. According to the author, the norms of American parents were reflective of what?
(a) The norms their children requested.
(b) The norms they grew up with.
(c) The norms they wanted as children.
(d) The norms of their religion.
5. By the late nineteenth century, a new and coherent social group started to drive American cultural life. This new middle class arose during what period?
(a) The Agrarian Era.
(b) The Digital Revolution.
(c) The Great Awakening.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sigmund Freud born?
2. What became the basis of the dating system, according to the author in Chapter 1, "Calling Cards and Money"?
3. From Front Porch to Back Seat concerns America’s system of courtship principally between what years?
4. According to the author in the Introduction, courtship was transformed as youth were freed from what?
5. What is the study of mental illness, mental distress, and abnormal/maladaptive behavior?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)