|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, “The Etiquette of Masculinity and Femininity”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did not differ in the first four decades of the twentieth century from their nineteenth century counterparts?
(a) The sexual behaviors of youth.
(b) The average age of marriage.
(c) Life expectancy.
(d) Infant mortality.
2. What category does the author assert did not exist in the nineteenth century?
3. According to the author in Chapter 3, "The Worth of a Date,” women and men were keen on assessing each other’s what?
(a) Monetary wealth.
(b) Moral compass.
(c) Life experiences.
(d) Reputational worth.
4. According to the author in Chapter 2, "The Economy of Dating,” the most popular students went steady, while others tried to avoid being what?
5. What consists of the processes in the mind that occur automatically and are not available to introspection?
(a) The natural mind.
(b) The biological mind.
(c) The psychic mind.
(d) The unconscious mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Sigmund Freud born?
2. The system of dating and sex made who the controllers of sex as they had to enforce sexual limits, according to the author in Chapter 4, "Sex Control”?
3. What control was reduced with the advent of the dating system, according to the author in Chapter 1, "Calling Cards and Money"?
4. After World War II, what became a common practice according to the author in Chapter 2, "The Economy of Dating”?
5. According to the author in the Introduction, courtship was transformed as youth were freed from what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)