|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, “The Etiquette of Masculinity and Femininity”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term referred to caresses above the neck, according to the author in Chapter 4, "Sex Control"?
2. According to the author in Chapter 2, "The Economy of Dating,” individuals could start “going steady” at what age following World War II?
3. The rules of dating were rooted in the idea of man as what, according to the author in the Introduction?
4. What courtship events does the author describe in colleges in Chapter 3, "The Worth of a Date”?
(c) Football games.
5. What became the basis of the dating system, according to the author in Chapter 1, "Calling Cards and Money"?
(a) Men’s attractiveness.
(b) Men’s money.
(c) Women’s intelligence.
(d) Women’s beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bailey notes that dating experience was only presented as a national what in the Introduction?
2. The average marriage age did what after World War II?
3. The author states that love and what are intertwined in the Introduction?
4. According to the author in the Introduction, the new systems of courtship were tied to an understanding of what?
5. What does Beth Bailey look to rather than conventions?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)