|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, “The Etiquette of Masculinity and Femininity”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1959, nearly half of all women married before what age, according to the author in Chapter 2, "The Economy of Dating”?
2. What term referred to a long-term partner in the dating system?
(b) Ball and chain.
3. According to the author in the Introduction, “love was not so much the province of” what?
4. The desire for what buttressed the practice of “going steady,” according to the author in Chapter 2, "The Economy of Dating”?
5. What term refers to the fear of emasculation in both the literal and metaphorical sense?
(a) France complex.
(b) Oedipal complex.
(c) Electra complex.
(d) Castration complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the book refers to conventional requirements as to social behavior?
2. An incredibly high rate of what appeared after World War II, according to the author in Chapter 2, "The Economy of Dating”?
3. Beth Bailey asserts that contemporary men are objectified as what in Chapter 3, "The Worth of a Date"?
4. According to the author in Chapter 1, "Calling Cards and Money,” the centrality of what in dating had important implications?
5. According to the author in Chapter 2, "The Economy of Dating,” many treated going steady as what?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)