|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, “Scientific Truth ... and Love”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Courtship was initially a private act conducted where?
(a) In church.
(b) In a public world.
(c) In private places.
(d) In school.
2. According to the author in Chapter 4, "Sex Control,” those born between 1900 and when grew up with new understandings of sexuality?
3. What term refers to the fear of emasculation in both the literal and metaphorical sense?
(a) Oedipal complex.
(b) France complex.
(c) Castration complex.
(d) Electra complex.
4. By the late nineteenth century, a new and coherent social group started to drive American cultural life. This new middle class arose during what period?
(a) The Agrarian Era.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The Digital Revolution.
(d) The Great Awakening.
5. What book did Ernest Burgess write in 1939?
(a) Introduction to the Science of Sociology.
(b) Sociology and the Sexual Being.
(c) A Freudian Approach to Psychology.
(d) Predicting Success or Failure in Marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bailey notes that dating experience was only presented as a national what in the Introduction?
2. What consists of the processes in the mind that occur automatically and are not available to introspection?
3. According to the author in the Introduction, convention does not determine action but it structures what?
4. What refers to the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse?
5. The crisis of femininity was what to the crisis of masculinity, according to the author in Chapter 5, "The Etiquette of Masculinity and Femininity"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)