|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Under the Spotlight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Friedman when he decides to leave Beirut?
(a) In a bathroom.
(b) At his desk.
(c) In his car.
(d) In a bar.
2. Who is elected president of Lebanon in 1982?
(d) Abu Musa.
3. In June, 1982, what major event does Friedman cover while living in Beirut?
(a) The Israeli/Palestianian conference.
(b) The US/Palestinian conference.
(c) The Palestinian invasion of Israel.
(d) The Israeli invasion of Lebanon.
4. Where is Rabbi Nota Schiller born and raised?
(d) New York.
5. Who wins the national election in 1984?
(a) Yitzhak Shamir.
(b) The election is a tie.
(c) Golda Meir.
(d) Shimon Perez.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Israelis pull out of the Shouf Mountains?
2. Where had Friedman been before in the Middle East?
3. Before 1984, what do many Beirutis attribute their problems to?
4. The Commodore Hotel acts as a fixer to what group of people?
5. Friedman becomes the project of what rabbi?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)