|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Under the Spotlight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Friedman spend a summer studying in college?
(d) Tel Aviv.
2. When do the Marines finish their withdrawal from Beirut?
(a) March 26, 1984.
(b) February 1, 1984.
(c) February 26, 1984.
(d) January 30, 1984.
3. Where does Friedman go to write his story about the PLO departure?
(a) His friend's home.
(b) His home office.
(c) The Reuters office.
(d) The airport.
4. What is the estimate of how many people were killed during the Hama massacre?
(a) Between 100 to 250.
(b) Between 10,000 to 25,000.
(c) Between 1,000 to 2,500.
(d) Between 10 to 25.
5. Where in Hama do the journalists stay during the fighting?
(a) In the police station.
(b) They moved around to avoid the main fighting.
(c) In the Commodore Hotel.
(d) Journalists were not allowed in Hama during the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Friedman work for after graduating from Oxford?
2. How often is Friedman's neighborhood shelled?
3. What does the PLO represent to Arafat's supporters?
4. Who does Friedman hire as a fixer?
5. When is the PLO formed?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)