|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Under the Spotlight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is elected president of Lebanon in 1982?
(c) Abu Musa.
2. What is the name of Friedman's wife?
3. Why do the Marines return to Beirut?
(a) To support the Israelis.
(b) To support the Phalangists.
(c) To support the Lebanese governement.
(d) To support the Syrians.
4. What did the ancient Jews overcome so that they are today a symbol of hope?
(b) The lack of land.
5. When does Friedman leave Beirut for Jerusalem?
(a) May 1, 1984.
(b) April 1, 1984.
(c) July 1, 1984.
(d) June 1, 1984,
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Kahan Commission investigate?
2. What is the Green Line?
3. When do Arafat and the PLO leave Beirut?
4. What characteristic of Friedman makes him unique among the Beirut correspondents?
5. When does Friedman have an interview with Yasir Arafat?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)