|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Teflon Guerrilla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Beirut press congregate?
(a) The UPI building.
(b) The press room at the city hall.
(c) The Commodore Hotel.
(d) The press room at the police station.
2. In June, 1982, what major event does Friedman cover while living in Beirut?
(a) The US/Palestinian conference.
(b) The Israeli/Palestianian conference.
(c) The Israeli invasion of Lebanon.
(d) The Palestinian invasion of Israel.
3. What happens at the Summerland Hotel during the fighting?
(a) The hotel closes.
(b) The hotel becomes a meeting place for journalists.
(c) The hotel becomes a haven for the homeless.
(d) The hotel begins to cater to wealthy locals.
4. Where had Friedman been before in the Middle East?
(b) Tel Aviv.
5. Which of the following is a function that the Lebanese fixer performs?
(a) He knows who to bribe and for how much.
(b) He knows how to fix mechanical things, such as cars.
(c) He knows how to avoid the fighting.
(d) He knows where to get food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does much of Arafat's support come from?
2. What year does the massacre at Hama occur?
3. Who is one of the most famous fixers in Beirut?
4. What year is the flight the Friedmans take at the beginning of the book?
5. Why is the PLO successful under Arafat?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)