|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Earthquake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the spark or the event that sets off the Palestinian uprising that becomes known as the intifada?
(a) A fight in the Jabaliya camp.
(b) A political speech.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) An auto accident.
2. When do the Peace Day strikes occur?
(a) January 21, 1988.
(b) December 21, 1987.
(c) November 21, 1987.
(d) November 21, 1988.
3. Why is the PLO successful under Arafat?
(a) Because of the personal skills of Arafat.
(b) Because Arafat was good at public relations.
(c) Because of Arafat's advisors.
(d) Because of Arafat's terrorist activities.
4. Before 1984, what do many Beirutis attribute their problems to?
(b) Outside agitators.
5. When the civil war begins, what runs through the center of Beirut?
(a) The main north/south highway.
(b) The Orange Line.
(c) The train tracks.
(d) The Green Line.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Friedman go when the fighting begins as curfew goes into effect?
2. Why is the PLO in a strange position?
3. When do the Marines finish their withdrawal from Beirut?
4. Why does Friedman refer to Yasir Arafat as the "teflon guerrilla"?
5. Who organizes a peace march in April, 1984?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)