|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Earthquake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Winner of the 1967 Six Day War?
2. What does the PLO represent to Arafat's supporters?
(c) Economic viability.
3. What is the secret to Arafat's success?
(a) His advisers.
(b) His military successes.
(c) His debonair dashing figure.
(d) The PLO and the way it is organized.
4. Why does Friedman refer to Yasir Arafat as the "teflon guerrilla"?
(a) Because Arafat frequently slipped through police hands.
(b) Because nothing stuck to Arafat and no matter what, he came out on top.
(c) Because Friedman thought Arafat was sleazy.
(d) Because Arafat could slip in and out of Lebanon without notice.
5. Where is Arafat born?
(a) Gaza or Egypt.
(b) Syria or Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Arafat forced to recognize Israel?
2. Where does Friedman go when the fighting begins as curfew goes into effect?
3. Where does Arafat grow up?
4. The intifada marks the beginning of what for the Palestinians?
5. What group makes up the foundation of the Hezbollah?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)