|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man Matilda married turned out to be a ____________________.
2. Where does Georgia get a job?
3. What is the setting of "Goodness and Mercy"?
4. What does Maya admit to Georgia?
5. Why has Anita come to the small town where she grew up?
Essay Topic 1
Several of Munro's stories are classic stories of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why do some of the stories fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Hetty Pennefather in "An Old Woman and Her Cat". What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Hetty?
Essay Topic 3
Loss seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of loss? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)