Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of the man in #157?
2. Which couple also attended a dinner party at Maya and Raymond's house?
3. Which of the following does Joan's mother NOT enjoy doing?
4. What rumor had Anita and Margot heard about one of Teresa's miscarriages?
5. What does the snowstorm remind Karin of?
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is an important theme in the stories. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the overall setting for the stories in the book? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Munro choose to use these places in the stories?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters in the stories who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)