|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which couple also attended a dinner party at Maya and Raymond's house?
2. What do Anita and the woman in #164 have in common?
3. Who was Georgia's husband?
4. What was the profession of the man in #157?
5. What is a woman named Karin helping Austin to do as the story begins?
Essay Topic 1
Choose three characters from different stories and then project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for their lives. Be sure to include geography, marital status, work, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the stories and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Almeda Roth in "Meneteseung". What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Almeda?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)