|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of the man in #157?
2. Which couple also attended a dinner party at Maya and Raymond's house?
3. Which of the following does Joan's mother NOT enjoy doing?
4. What rumor had Anita and Margot heard about one of Teresa's miscarriages?
5. What does the snowstorm remind Karin of?
Essay Topic 1
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the stories. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters in the stories who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Flora Grieves in "Friend of My Youth". What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Flora?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)