|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main color of the stained glass in Joan's childhood home?
2. What did Karin's baby die of?
(b) Cystic Fibrosis.
3. Which of the following did Margot NOT do when she heard that Reuel was cheating on her?
(a) She spied on him at a campsite.
(b) She put on a wig.
(c) She put on different clothes.
(d) She hired a private detective.
4. What rumor had Anita and Margot heard about one of Teresa's miscarriages?
(a) She tripped on a rug and fell.
(b) She threw herself against a table to dislodge the baby.
(c) She fell down a flight of stairs.
(d) She had an abortion, not a miscarriage.
5. What is Karin's relationship with the man in #97?
(a) He is her son.
(b) He is her brother.
(c) He is her ex-husband.
(d) He is her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karin's ex-husband made her choose between having their marriage or ___________________.
2. What does Joan learn about her brother?
3. The man Matilda married turned out to be a ____________________.
4. Who is Jeanine?
5. Which of the following is NOT a person Karin sends the ice pictures to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Georgia, where has she traveled to at the beginning of the story, and who does she meet right away?
2. How does Karin think that her ex-husband, Brent, has facilitated Austin's departure from his church?
3. In what ways is Georgia's friendship with Maya one-sided in terms of who gives more and who controls the friendship?
4. Who is Miles and what is his relationship with Georgia?
5. How did Margot get even with Reuel after his affair with their babysitter and manage to get all the things she had ever wanted in life?
6. What does an older and divorced Joan learn about Matilda when she returns home to tend to her mother's grave?
7. Who is Austin Cobbett and what is a woman named Karin helping him do as the story begins?
8. Why are the circumstances of Austin's death unclear and what speculation could occur about it?
9. Explain what Averill does every night on board the ship.
10. What kind of world does the boat at night represent for Averill, and how does she incorporate the captain into this world?
This section contains 1,474 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)