|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Matilda?
(a) A beautiful girl in town.
(b) Joan's best friend.
(c) Joan's aunt.
(d) Morris' girlfriend.
2. Who are Austin's children?
(a) Mollie and Brian.
(b) Maria and Don.
(c) Megan and Don.
(d) Megan and Brent.
3. Karin answers Austin's phone and a man tells her that Austin will be picked up at a place called __________________.
(a) Monument Bay.
(b) Turtle Bay.
(c) Superior Bay.
(d) Thunder Bay.
4. What was June's former profession?
(b) Interior decorator.
(c) Opera singer.
(d) Fashion model.
5. In which city did June die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Austin's fiancee?
2. As a result of a childhood accident, Joan's brother ____________________.
3. Which couple also attended a dinner party at Maya and Raymond's house?
4. What is Karin's relationship with the man in #97?
5. What does Maya admit to Georgia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Miles and what is his relationship with Georgia?
2. What does an older and divorced Joan learn about Matilda when she returns home to tend to her mother's grave?
3. Who is Georgia, where has she traveled to at the beginning of the story, and who does she meet right away?
4. In what ways is Georgia's friendship with Maya one-sided in terms of who gives more and who controls the friendship?
5. Why has Anita come to her hometown and what does she recall about her childhood and about stopping for coffee with her friend, Margot, on their way to school?
6. How did Georgia meet Maya and Raymond as well as Hilda and Harvey? What secret does Georgia learn about the marriages of these two couples?
7. What sad event does the snowstorm prompt Karin to recall and why does she take Austin to the lake to photograph the ice?
8. How did Margot get even with Reuel after his affair with their babysitter and manage to get all the things she had ever wanted in life?
9. What is Joan's married life like and what does she learn about the relationship between Morris and Matilda?
10. What is the symbolism of the red stained glass through which Joan views the world?
This section contains 1,559 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)