|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Murray ask Barbara to take to Victor on a really cold night?
(a) Wool socks.
(b) Extra blankets.
(c) A thick sweater.
(d) A stocking cap.
2. Why had the girl in #64 gone to live with Miss Dobie?
(a) She was going to a university nearby.
(b) She was a nanny.
(c) She was a home healthcare worker.
(d) She was pregnant and unmarried.
3. How many times has Almeda been married?
4. "Friend of My Youth" is a story about _____________________.
(a) greed and envy.
(c) the gap between generations.
(d) the search for love.
5. What was Barbara's response when Murray asked if she and Victor were having an affair?
(a) She said they were having an affair.
(b) She said she wanted a divorce to marry Victor.
(c) She said they talked about it but never did anything.
(d) She said they never talked about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neil eventually admit to Brenda?
2. What does Jarvis tell Almeda which means that he intends to propose marriage?
3. Which of the following is NOT something that the narrator's mother once thought about Flora?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Brenda's relationship with Neil?
5. Which of the following has NOT prompted Jarvis to want to propose marriage to Almeda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of a poem told by Miss Dobie that seems to be directed at Judy?
2. What role does Murray's paranoia play in the story?
3. Who is Flora Grieves, and how did the narrator's mother know her?
4. Why would Murray have secretly wanted Barbara to have had an affair?
5. Who is Miss Dobie and what is her housekeeper, Judy's, reaction at seeing that Antoinette has driven Hazel instead of Dudley?
6. What does the fight between Brenda and Neil signify?
7. How does the story of Janette serve as a metaphor for the struggles Judy and Antoinette experience regarding Dudley?
8. How does the episode with the woman's body in front of Almeda's house change Jarvis' perspective of Almeda?
9. What is the premise of "Five Points"?
10. Who was Victor and how did he come into Murray and Barbara's life?
This section contains 1,422 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)