|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business do Murray and his wife now own?
(a) A holiday resort.
(b) A pet shop.
(c) A bicycle shop.
(d) A bakery.
2. Who is Brenda's husband?
3. How many times has Almeda been married?
4. Why had the girl in #64 gone to live with Miss Dobie?
(a) She was going to a university nearby.
(b) She was a home healthcare worker.
(c) She was pregnant and unmarried.
(d) She was a nanny.
5. What is Almeda's vocation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT how the narrator thinks about Flora?
2. What is Neil's answer when Brenda asks him if he ever took money from the girl at the sweets shop?
3. Why was the man in #79 afraid of his wife?
4. How did the family eventually lose their shop?
5. What does the narrator reflect on regarding her own mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neil tell Brenda about a Croatian girl named Mary who ran the family's sweet shop and how she destroyed the family's business?
2. What is the town's attitude about the poor people in town?
3. Why would Murray have secretly wanted Barbara to have had an affair?
4. What is the premise of "Meneseteung"?
5. Who is Miss Dobie and what is her housekeeper, Judy's, reaction at seeing that Antoinette has driven Hazel instead of Dudley?
6. What was the relationship between the narrator's mother, and Flora after the narrator's mother moved away to marry and start a family?
7. What is the theme of this story?
8. What is the content of a poem told by Miss Dobie that seems to be directed at Judy?
9. What does Murray suspect that Victor and Barbara are doing and under what circumstances does Victor leave for good?
10. What does the fight between Brenda and Neil signify?
This section contains 1,401 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)