|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karin's baby die of?
(c) Cystic Fibrosis.
2. What happened to Averill when she flew June's body home to Canada?
(a) She met a man she would marry.
(b) She got to fly the plane for a bit.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She missed the plane.
3. Who are Austin's children?
(a) Megan and Don.
(b) Mollie and Brian.
(c) Maria and Don.
(d) Megan and Brent.
4. What did Georgia note about Raymond and Maya's marriage?
(a) Raymond and Maya seemed to be very happy.
(b) Raymond loved Maya more than she loved him.
(c) Raymond and Maya barely spoke to each other.
(d) Raymond and Maya were divorced.
5. What job did the husband of the woman in #166 have?
(a) He was a plumber.
(b) He drove a school bus.
(c) He was a farmer.
(d) He was a teacher.
6. Which of the following does Averill NOT do on deck each night?
(a) Sit quietly.
(b) Sings a hymn in her head.
(c) Tells a story in her head.
(d) Drink champagne.
7. In which city did June die?
8. What is Lazarus House?
(a) A museum.
(b) A church.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A rehab center.
9. Why has Anita come to the small town where she grew up?
(a) To go to a family reunion.
(b) To attend a funeral.
(c) To attend a friend's wedding.
(d) To take care of her dying mother.
10. Who is Matilda?
(a) Joan's aunt.
(b) Joan's best friend.
(c) Morris' girlfriend.
(d) A beautiful girl in town.
11. Why did Teresa come to Canada to live?
(a) She was a war bride.
(b) She came with her draft-dodger boyfriend.
(c) She wanted a new life.
(d) She was transferred in her job.
12. Karin's ex-husband made her choose between having their marriage or ___________________.
(a) drinking and smoking.
(c) her friends.
(d) her family.
13. What is a woman named Karin helping Austin to do as the story begins?
(a) Create a travel itinerary.
(b) Prepare for a party.
(c) Prepare his belongings for a sale.
(d) Write letters.
14. Why does Matilda's mother reject Morris' offer to take Matilda to the school dance?
(a) Matilda has a date for the dance.
(b) He is shorter than Matilda.
(c) He is too young to escort Matilda.
(d) The family is not that desperate.
15. Georgia notes that there seems to be something going on between Maya and _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man on board the ship has taken an interest in Averill?
2. Jeanine has no success in seducing ____________________.
3. What observation does Morris' bookkeeper make about Matilda?
4. How did Austin die?
5. Why did Morris not go to dinner with Matilda a few years ago when she was interested in him?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)