|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Georgia get a job?
(a) A bookshop.
(b) An antiques shop.
(c) An ice cream shop.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What do Anita and the woman in #164 have in common?
(a) They have the same middle name.
(b) They grew up on poor farms.
(c) They are both the baby of their families.
(d) They both are left-handed.
3. With whom was Reuel having an affair?
4. Which of the following is NOT a person Karin sends the ice pictures to?
5. Why had Georgia lost her friend's friendship at one time?
(a) She tried to seduce her friend's husband.
(b) She ruined her cashmere sweater.
(c) She cheated on her husband.
(d) She was spreading rumors behind her back.
6. Karin's ex-husband made her choose between having their marriage or ___________________.
(a) her family.
(b) drinking and smoking.
(c) her friends.
7. What is Karin's relationship with the man in #97?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He is her ex-husband.
(c) He is her son.
(d) He is her husband.
8. What does Joan learn about her brother?
(a) He is going to be married.
(b) He is moving to London.
(c) He sometimes escorts Matilda to events.
(d) He is going to retire this year.
9. What does the man in #147 take Georgia to see?
(a) The beach.
(b) A garden.
(c) A concert.
(d) A museum.
10. The man Matilda married turned out to be a ____________________.
11. Why does Matilda's mother reject Morris' offer to take Matilda to the school dance?
(a) He is shorter than Matilda.
(b) Matilda has a date for the dance.
(c) The family is not that desperate.
(d) He is too young to escort Matilda.
12. What reason does Maya give Georgia for Miles coming to Maya's house?
(a) To pick up some items for an aution.
(b) To deliver a set of books.
(c) To plan a surprise party.
(d) To sort out his fight with Georgia.
13. What name had Matilda's mother once called Morris?
(a) Glass Eye Gary.
(b) Deadeye Dick.
(c) Pop Bottle Eyes.
(d) One-eyed Wonder.
14. Which man on board the ship has taken an interest in Averill?
(a) An historian.
(b) An artist.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A rugby player.
15. Who is Matilda?
(a) Joan's aunt.
(b) Morris' girlfriend.
(c) Joan's best friend.
(d) A beautiful girl in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Joan's mother NOT enjoy doing?
2. What secret does June want to hide from others?
3. The captain's story surprises Averill because _________________________.
4. Why does Anita have to have surgery?
5. What is the main color of the stained glass in Joan's childhood home?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)