|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "Meneseteung"?
(a) The town's mayor.
(b) The protagonist.
(c) A Baptist minister.
(d) The narrator is unknown.
2. What type of shop do Brenda and her husband now run?
(a) Interior design.
(b) Second-hand items.
(d) Musical instruments.
3. How many times has Almeda been married?
4. With what disease is Ellie diagnosed?
(c) Congestive Heart Failure.
5. Who was the girl who Hazel's husband met in a hotel?
6. Where does Brenda meet with her lover?
(a) A friend's apartment.
(b) A hotel.
(c) His trailer.
(d) Her home.
7. Hazel decides to travel to a town in which country?
8. Who does the narrator's mother blame for all of Flora's problems?
(b) Nurse Atkinson.
9. Miss Dobie recites a poem about a girl named ________________.
10. Who came to care for Ellie?
(a) An old friend.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A cousin.
(d) Another sister.
11. What did the girl in #28 pay local boys to do?
(a) Clean the shop windows.
(b) Have sex with her.
(c) Bring customers to the shop.
(d) Sweep the shop.
12. How did the family eventually lose their shop?
(a) The building burned down.
(b) They were blackballed in the town.
(c) The boys blackmailed Maria for more money.
(d) They were robbed.
13. What is Almeda's vocation?
14. Who was the daughter who was responsible for running the shop in #27?
15. Almeda writes a poem entitled "Meneseteung" which is named after ____________________.
(a) an Indian tribe.
(b) a medical instrument.
(c) her mother's maiden name.
(d) a nearby river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Almeda do when she sees the person slumped against her fence?
2. What does Dudley do when Hazel tells him about Miss Dobie's poem?
3. What does Robert do when Ellie dies?
4. What is the job of the man in #20?
5. Which of the following sounds does Almeda NOT hear when she is awakened one night?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)