|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Murray's wife likes to do?
(b) Manage the resort.
(c) Play golf.
2. How does Almeda let Jarvis know that she won't be going to church today?
(a) She puts a note under the windshield of his car.
(b) She telephones him.
(c) She puts a note on her door.
(d) She puts a note on his door.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that the narrator's mother once thought about Flora?
(a) She was a troublemaker.
(b) She was optimistic.
(c) She was stoic.
(d) She was noble.
4. Who was Hazel's husband?
5. Who does the narrator's mother blame for all of Flora's problems?
(d) Nurse Atkinson.
6. Brenda's lover tells her about a/an _______________ family which moved to his hometown.
7. How does Almeda view the man in #41?
(a) As a troublemaker.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As a prospective husband.
(d) As a community leader.
8. Who is Brenda's husband?
9. The card written by the schoolboy claims that _____________________ is his favorite book.
(a) The Last of the Mohicans.
(b) Catcher in the Rye.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
10. What did the narrator's mother think of the person in #6?
(a) She was selfish and uncaring.
(b) She was ideal.
(c) She was lazy.
(d) She was very efficient.
11. Why does Hazel want to travel to the town in #57?
(a) Because her husband was there during the war.
(b) Because she needs a vacation.
(c) Because she wants to visit a friend who is sick.
(d) Because she wants to see her family.
12. Why did the narrator's mother leave the farm?
(a) To take another teaching job.
(b) To move to France.
(c) To return home to care for her parents.
(d) To get married.
13. Which modern convenience was installed in Robert's half of the farmhouse?
(a) Running water.
(b) Air conditioning.
(c) Indoor bathroom.
(d) Electric lighting.
14. In a flashback, Murray recalls a man named ______________ who came to Murray's store looking for work clothes.
15. Which of the following does Hazel NOT think regarding Dudley?
(a) He is an upstanding man.
(b) It is terrible that he abandoned Judy.
(c) He will never know his daughter.
(d) It is unfair that Antoinette should suffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Murray and Barbara see a card written by a schoolboy?
2. To whom does Miss Dobie seem to be directing the poem?
3. What type of business does Murray inherit from his father?
4. How many times has Almeda been married?
5. What does Jarvis tell Almeda which means that he intends to propose marriage?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)