Short Answer Questions Key
1. How does the narrator know Flora Grieves?
She is her dead mother's friend.
2. What job did the narrator's mother have as a young woman?
3. To whom had Flora once been engaged?
4. Why did the man in #3 marry Ellie and not Flora?
He got Ellie pregnant.
5. With what disease is Ellie diagnosed?
6. Who came to care for Ellie?
7. What did the narrator's mother think of the person in #6?
She was selfish and uncaring.
8. Why did the narrator's mother leave the farm?
To get married.
This section contains 3,927 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)