|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "In the Shelter (1942).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the teacher tell the students?
(a) That school is no longer going to meet.
(b) A brief history of the Jews and the persecution they have endured.
(c) That war is coming and they must start thinking like soldiers.
(d) That they must all join Jungvolk.
2. What happens when Friedrich misses the ball that the narrator throws?
(a) The ball rolls down a hill into the water.
(b) A dog catches the ball.
(c) The ball hits a Nazi soldier.
(d) The ball breaks a store window.
3. For what has the narrator been reprimanded?
(a) For helping the mob smash Jewish homes.
(b) For skipping school too often.
(c) For consorting with a Jew.
(d) For refusing to see Friedrich anymore.
4. Why must the housekeeper's husband be careful?
(a) His cousin is married to a Jew.
(b) He is a foreman at a Nazi weapons manufacturing plant.
(c) His job is precarious.
(d) He is a former Communist.
5. Over what does Friedrich weep?
(a) Being hungry.
(b) His inability to go to school.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) The notice in the letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herr Schneider earn money?
2. Who clears the snow?
3. Who does housework for the Schneiders?
4. What does Resch do when the narrator's family pounds on the locked shelter door?
5. Why does the housekeeper work?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)