|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Death (1938)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herr Schneider knock on the narrator's door late at night?
(a) To upbraid the narrator.
(b) To ask for the family to stay there.
(c) To ask that Friedrich be adopted by them.
(d) To borrow a lamp.
2. Who rings the doorbell looking for the narrator?
(b) Mrs. Schneidrer.
(c) The narrator's teacher.
(d) The baker from down the street.
3. About what do the children tease Mr. Rosenthal?
(a) About looking like a goat.
(c) About the color of his eyes.
(d) About his yarmulka.
4. What does Friedrich tie around his neck?
(a) A yellow scarf.
(b) A noose.
(c) A black bandana.
5. What does the narrator find himself doing without thinking?
(a) Chanting at the door of the Jewish apprentice home.
(b) Yelling for a job with everyone else.
(c) Feeling pride in the word of Hitler.
(d) Trying to stop the mob from hurting the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Friedrich nearly collide?
2. How does Mr. Schneider look when he waves goodbye to the boys?
3. What do the narrator and Friedrich think about the landlord's demand?
4. Where does the narrator take Friedrich?
5. Who does Mr. Schneider meet on the landing?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)