|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Hearing (1933)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When questioned as to his motives, what does the landlord reply?
(a) Because the law has changed.
(b) Because the Schneiders are behind in the rent.
(c) Because the Schneiders are Jewish.
(d) That it is none of Herr Schneider's business.
2. What is the problem with Mr. Schneider?
(a) He lost his job because he is Jewish.
(b) He did not get a big promotion because the company is doing poorly.
(c) He hurt a man badly on the job today.
(d) He finds out he has an incurable disease.
3. What does Herr Resch yell at Friedrich?
(a) To build the snowman off the sidewalk.
(b) To get back inside as it is too cold.
(c) To get off his rose bushes.
(d) To wait for the narrator.
4. Where is the narrator's apartment?
(a) In the Resch home.
(b) In London.
(c) In Bonn.
(d) In a small village.
5. How does the narrator explain the bumping noise above?
(a) By saying it is Friedrich.
(b) Saying they are rats in the walls.
(c) By running upstairs to tell them to be quiet.
(d) By pretending he does not hear the noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the narrator's father pay?
2. What does the judge tell the Reschs' attorney?
3. What does Friedrich do with his candy?
4. What is obvious by the conversation about the grandfather?
5. About what do the children tease Mr. Rosenthal?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)