|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Hearing (1933)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Schneider meet on the landing?
(a) Mrs. Schneider.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Herr Resch.
2. What sign is one man carrying outside Mr. Rosenthal's shop?
(a) "Don't buy from Jews."
(b) "Go home Brits."
(c) "Jews welcome here."
(d) "Take precautions for the flu."
3. What is obvious by the conversation about the grandfather?
(a) He is prejudiced against Jewish people.
(b) He thinks Jews make good bosses.
(c) He has many good Jewish friends.
(d) He is a fan of the Americans.
4. Who rings the doorbell looking for the narrator?
(a) The narrator's teacher.
(b) Mrs. Schneidrer.
(c) The baker from down the street.
5. What do the narrator and Friedrich think about the landlord's demand?
(a) They think moving to the basement will be exciting.
(b) They think he is wise.
(c) They do not understand.
(d) They think he is being unreasonable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two boys do?
2. How does the grandfather admonish his son?
3. Who lives above the narrator's family?
4. What does Friedrich have for his outfit?
5. For whom does the narrator's grandfather work?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)