|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Jungvolk (1933)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator explain the bumping noise above?
(a) By saying it is Friedrich.
(b) Saying they are rats in the walls.
(c) By pretending he does not hear the noise.
(d) By running upstairs to tell them to be quiet.
2. What does the narrator's mother mention when she bathes both of the boys?
(a) That Friedrich is much darker than the narrator.
(b) That the water shows how badly they needed a bath.
(c) Friedrich's circumcision.
(d) That the narrator is much more musclular than Friedrich.
3. What image strikes the narrator?
(a) A passing look of a skull imposed over Friedrich.
(b) The sun touching the horizon.
(c) The picture of Moses on the wall.
(d) The brilliant white tablecloth, loaves of bread, candles, and wine glasses.
4. Why does the Nazi demand that Friedrich and the narrator leave?
(a) Because they greet Mr. Rosenthal.
(b) Because they are so young.
(c) Because they go into the shop.
(d) Because they are Jews.
5. Whose office sign has a the word "Jew" scrawled across it?
(a) The bakery shop.
(b) The stationery shop.
(c) Dr. Jakob Askenase.
(d) Friedrich's father's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother do while his father is looking for a job?
2. For what does the narrator's father pay?
3. How does the narrator's family prepare for the grandfather's visit?
4. Who rings the doorbell looking for the narrator?
5. For whom does the narrator's grandfather work?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)