|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Jungvolk (1933)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose office sign has a the word "Jew" scrawled across it?
(a) Friedrich's father's shop.
(b) The bakery shop.
(c) Dr. Jakob Askenase.
(d) The stationery shop.
2. What does the narrator's mother mention when she bathes both of the boys?
(a) Friedrich's circumcision.
(b) That the water shows how badly they needed a bath.
(c) That Friedrich is much darker than the narrator.
(d) That the narrator is much more musclular than Friedrich.
3. Of what does the speaker talk?
(a) The coming glory of war.
(b) The terrible things the Jews have done.
(c) The glory of WWI.
(d) The plight of the unemployed.
4. What does Mrs. Schneider explain about the mezuzah?
(a) That it is an ancient Greek symbol.
(b) That it is a Celtic symbol of fertitlity.
(c) That it belongs to all humanity.
(d) That it helps Jews remember God and his commandments.
5. Why are the narrator's parents uncomfortable at the amusement park?
(a) Because the Schneiders have no money.
(b) Because the others see them with a Jewish family.
(c) Because their are German soldiers all over.
(d) Because the Schneiders have to buy all the tickets and food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herr Resch yell at Friedrich?
2. What do parents traditionally do on the first day of school?
3. What happens when the narrator's mother is ready?
4. With what does Friedrich win over the narrator?
5. About what do the children tease Mr. Rosenthal?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)