|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "School Begins (1931)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is obvious by the conversation about the grandfather?
(a) He has many good Jewish friends.
(b) He thinks Jews make good bosses.
(c) He is prejudiced against Jewish people.
(d) He is a fan of the Americans.
2. Who rings the doorbell looking for the narrator?
(a) Mrs. Schneidrer.
(b) The baker from down the street.
(c) The narrator's teacher.
3. What is in the narrator's first-day candy bag?
(b) A jawbreaker.
(c) Three lollipops.
(d) Some confections.
4. What does the narrator watch?
(a) The death of a sparrow in the snow.
(b) The Nazis walking by the apartment.
(c) The way the ice freezes on the sidewalk.
(d) The building of a snowman.
5. For whom does the narrator's grandfather work?
(a) The government.
(b) The railroad.
(c) The mercantile guild.
(d) He is self-employed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother mention when she bathes both of the boys?
2. Who watches the narrator while his mother is working?
3. What does Friedrich do with his candy?
4. What do the narrator and his mother do before going outside?
5. How does the narrator's family prepare for the grandfather's visit?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)