|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Stars (1941)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Friedrich and his father having uncharacteristic arguments?
(a) The father wants to leave Germany and Friedrich does not.
(b) Friedrich wants them to leave Germany.
(c) They are just going through the normal father-son dynamics.
(d) They are harboring a wanted rabbi in their apartment.
2. What does Mr. Schneider tell the sales girl the boys can have?
(a) A look from the roof of the building.
(b) A tour of the administrative floors.
(c) A toy to be charged to Mr. Schneider.
(d) A piece of candy.
3. What causes Mr. Schneider to become sick at heart?
(a) Finding out the the narrator's father is moving the family to Dresden.
(b) Hearing that Friedrich wants to join the Jungvolk.
(c) Hearing that the narrator's father has joined the Nazi party.
(d) Learning that the narrator's mother is very ill and may die.
4. What does the narrator find himself doing without thinking?
(a) Trying to stop the mob from hurting the Jews.
(b) Feeling pride in the word of Hitler.
(c) Chanting at the door of the Jewish apprentice home.
(d) Yelling for a job with everyone else.
5. What does the narrator tell his mother about his activities?
(b) That he was with schoolboys at the pool.
(c) That he was listening to Hitler who was mesmerizing.
(d) That he was staying after school to help the teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the downcast drunk that shuffles by?
2. What does Friedrich tie around his neck?
3. What does Friedrich give at the Sabbath feast?
4. What happens when Mrs. Schneider goes to talk with the housekeeper?
5. Of what does the speaker talk?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)