|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Stars (1941)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Friedrich tries to run out of the theater, who stops him?
(a) A policeman.
(b) No one.
(c) The narrator.
(d) An old usherette.
2. What are the Germans required to do?
(a) Give no business to those who attacked the Jews.
(b) Watch a movie titled Sweet Jew.
(c) Drill for the reserve army.
(d) Register for the draft.
3. What has the narrator's father encouraged him to do?
(a) Quit the Jungvolk.
(b) Abandon his friendship with Friedrich.
(c) Stay in the Jungvolk and do his duty.
(d) Remain Friedrich's friend.
4. What does the narrator's father do?
(a) Offers to help the Schneiders move to the basement.
(b) Refuses to be a witness.
(c) Calls his lawyer.
(d) Supports the landlord.
5. Why are Friedrich and his father having uncharacteristic arguments?
(a) They are just going through the normal father-son dynamics.
(b) Friedrich wants them to leave Germany.
(c) They are harboring a wanted rabbi in their apartment.
(d) The father wants to leave Germany and Friedrich does not.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Friedrich on this day in the synagogue?
2. With what does Friedrich greet a man outside the Meyer department store?
3. Where does Mrs. Schneider go to sob loudly?
4. What image strikes the narrator?
5. What is in the narrator's first-day candy bag?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)