|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in "Caught in Her Own Web" when a bug is caught in the web?
(a) The web screams.
(b) The web changes color.
(c) The spider releases it.
(d) The spider eats the bug.
2. What does the man do in "The Lesson" while he beats the woman?
(a) Recites a poem.
(b) Makes a phone call.
(c) Berates her.
(d) Throws a plate.
3. In the story ""The Lesson", what is the woman doing before being beaten?
(b) Walking to class.
4. How does Cinderella treat her stepsisters?
(a) She taunts them.
(b) She is timid with them.
(c) She beats them.
(d) She fears them.
5. In the story "Burnout" , where does the Scavenger Fish live?
(a) A pond.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A fish tank.
(d) Bass lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so rare about the web in "Caught in Her Own Web"?
2. What does the Bacterium tell the Virus to do at the start of "Symbiosis"?
3. What are the men in "Tradition" concerned about?
4. Why does the woman feel the way she does at the start of "The Magic Ring"?
5. In the story "Jean and Jane", how do Jean and Jane know each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man throw away at the end of "The Magic Ring" and why is this significant?
2. What is the purpose of the screen in "Narcissus" and why does it fail?
3. What does the line "something might evolve" at the end of "Symbiosis" mean?
4. What is the relationship between Bacterium and Virus in "Symbiosis"?
5. Why is the shipwrecked man uncomfortable on the island in "Attachment" ?
6. What are the powers of the ring in the story "The Magic Ring"?
7. What historical figures appear in "Tradition" and what is their role in society?
8. Why is the flower in the story "The Wallflower" constantly worried about her looks?
9. Why is the woman in "The Magic Ring" heartbroken at the start of the story?
10. How does perfection lead to Ms. Muffet's death in "Caught in Her Own Web"?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)