|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story ""The Lesson", what is the woman doing before being beaten?
(a) Walking to class.
2. What type of regression does the author claim humans are experiencing in Part 4?
3. In "Narcissus", what happens on the second day of the plan?
(a) Everything stops.
(b) There is no change.
(c) Everything goes smoothly.
(d) The spiders take over.
4. What are the men in "Tradition" not judged by?
(d) The people.
5. What type of writing is the first part of "Symbiosis"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does the introduction of Part 3 suggest have flexible relationships?
2. How does the spider in "Caught in Her Own Web" die?
3. How does Cinderella treat her stepsisters?
4. What do the men in "tradition" argue about?
5. Why does the flower in "The Wallflower" try and make herself more attractive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does perfection lead to Ms. Muffet's death in "Caught in Her Own Web"?
2. What is the relationship between Bacterium and Virus in "Symbiosis"?
3. What is the problem with making ideal humans in "Narcissus"?
4. In "Panic", how is the dominoes' chain reaction stopped?
5. What document does Moses sign at the end of "Tradition" and how does he change it?
6. What does the man throw away at the end of "The Magic Ring" and why is this significant?
7. What is interesting about the character names in "Caught in Her Own Web"?
8. What does Edwin H. Friedman suggest leads humans to be chained in the introduction to Part 3?
9. What are the powers of the ring in the story "The Magic Ring"?
10. Why is the woman in "The Magic Ring" heartbroken at the start of the story?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)