|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who debates his idea of psychoanalysis in "Tradition"?
2. In the story "Burnout" , where does the Scavenger Fish live?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A fish tank.
(c) A pond.
(d) Bass lake.
3. In the story "Jean and Jane", how do Jean and Jane know each other?
(c) Aunt and cousin.
(d) Mother and daughter.
4. What are the dominoes in a panic about?
(a) They look the same.
(c) Losing their dots.
(d) Being played with.
5. What are the men in "Tradition" concerned about?
(a) How justice is delivered.
(b) The O-zone layer.
(c) Their teachings are misinterpreted.
(d) The senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cinderella do after she marries the prince?
2. How does the stepmom describe Cinderella?
3. Why does Moses want to include non-religious leaders in his document?
4. What is the magic ring's first power?
5. What does the Bacterium tell the Virus to do at the start of "Symbiosis"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edwin H. Friedman suggest leads humans to be chained in the introduction to Part 3?
2. What are the powers of the ring in the story "The Magic Ring"?
3. Why is the woman in "The Magic Ring" heartbroken at the start of the story?
4. What does the line "something might evolve" at the end of "Symbiosis" mean?
5. What happens to the flower at the end of "The Wallflower"?
6. What does Jean learn about Jane in "Jean and Jane" and what is significant about it?
7. What is interesting about the character names in "Caught in Her Own Web"?
8. What is the relationship between the husband and wife in "The Lesson"?
9. What historical figures appear in "Tradition" and what is their role in society?
10. How does Edwin H. Friedman compare humans to reptiles in the introduction to Part 4?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)