|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes John's wife to change the way she treats her husband in "Nervous Condition"?
(a) A dog with her puppies.
(b) John loses his job.
(c) John has an affair.
(d) A cat with her kittens.
2. What are most of the bird couples' children able to do in "Soaring"?
(d) Find worms.
3. How do the people who treat the man in "The Power of Belief" feel after speaking with the man?
4. In "The Bridge" what must the man do so he won't lose a long awaited opportunity?
(a) Fight a caged lion.
(b) Act immediately.
(d) Bribe the mayor.
5. What, according to Oedipus, is searching and understanding within the self good for?
(a) Writitng a poem.
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Meeting girls.
(d) It is the way to the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Nervous Condition", how does John's wife attack him?
2. What happens when the doctor in "The Power of Belief" performs his test?
3. What does the man in "The Power of Belief," try to convince people of?
4. Who, in "Nervous Condition" does John marry?
5. In the Interlude, what does Oedipus think will happen if people follow Cassandra's line of thinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Billy's parents afraid of him in the story "Projection"?
2. How does Edwin H. Friedman feel towards his publishers and editors and why?
3. Why does Billy act the way he does in "Projection" and why is he frustrated with his parents?
4. How does the man's attitude in "An American Holly" change from beginning to end?
5. How does the doctor try to break the man's belief in "The Power of Belief"? What is the result of the attempt?
6. Why is baby bird rebelling against his parents and how does he rebel?
7. What is the conclusion of the report in "Raising Cain: A Case History of the First Family"?
8. Why does baby bird worry his parents so much?
9. How does the interlude end?
10. Why does the man on the rope in "The Bridge" think the first man is being selfish?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)