|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Narcissus", what do scientists discover?
(a) A volcano.
(b) The light bulb.
(c) A new species of spider.
(d) The ability to create life from scratch.
2. What happens to the flower at the end of the story "The Wallflower"?
(a) The owner clips her stems.
(b) She is worn in a lady's hat.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is pressed between a book.
3. What is the magic ring's first power?
(a) It makes you invisible.
(b) It prevents you from falling in love.
(c) It attracts money.
(d) It saves you from danger.
4. In "The Magic Ring", what is the woman's mood at the start of the story?
(d) In love.
5. How is the chain reaction in "Panic" halted?
(a) A board is placed next to the dominoes.
(b) A child removes one domino.
(c) One domino does not fall.
(d) An earthquake.
6. How does Cinderella's stepmom feel before she meets Cinderella's father?
7. What do the stepmom and her daughters believe in?
(a) Hard work.
(b) Love at first sight.
(c) The toothfairy.
8. Why does the Scavenger Fish quit her job?
(a) No reason.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is frustrated.
(d) She marries.
9. What does Bacterium want to reclaim?
(a) His luggage.
(b) His native language.
(c) His single status.
(d) His identity.
10. How are Jean and Jane different?
(b) Hair color.
(c) Shoe size.
11. How does the stepmom describe Cinderella?
(b) Hard working.
12. Why does the woman feel the way she does at the start of "The Magic Ring"?
(a) She murdered someone.
(b) Her boyfriend proposed.
(c) Her husband left her.
(d) Her mother died.
13. What happens when the Scavenger Fish quits her job?
(a) Fishermen invade the lake.
(b) The fish act strangly.
(c) The ocea becomes gray.
(d) The fish die.
14. What type of people does the introduction of Part 3 suggest have flexible relationships?
(a) Those who have many children.
(b) Those who are open to ambiguity.
(c) Those who marry young.
(d) Those who read books.
15. What are the dominoes in a panic about?
(b) Losing their dots.
(c) They look the same.
(d) Being played with.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man feel about the island in "Attachment" initially?
2. In the story ""The Lesson", what is the woman doing before being beaten?
3. How does Cinderella's stepmom begin her speech in "Cinderella: An Address Delivered to the National Association of Family Therapists by Cinderella's Stepmother"?
4. What does Cinderella do after she marries the prince?
5. What does the Bacterium tell the Virus to do at the start of "Symbiosis"?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)