|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cinderella do after she marries the prince?
(a) Cuts herself off from the family.
(b) Has a child.
(c) Hires her step-mom as a maid.
(d) Embraces her step-mom.
2. What type of people does the introduction of Part 3 suggest have flexible relationships?
(a) Those who have many children.
(b) Those who are open to ambiguity.
(c) Those who read books.
(d) Those who marry young.
3. What type of regression does the author claim humans are experiencing in Part 4?
4. What does the Bacterium tell the Virus to do at the start of "Symbiosis"?
(a) Come inside.
(b) Jump up and down.
(d) Have a drink.
5. When does the stepmom meet Cinderella's father?
(a) At midnight.
(b) In the winter.
(c) At her 40th birthday.
(d) After her first husband died.
6. Why does the flower in "The Wallflower" begin to doubt herself?
(a) She is not growing.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is not picked from the field.
(d) She has thorns.
7. How does the stepmom react to Cinderella's father's interest in her?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is confident.
(d) She is angry.
8. What does Cinderella dream of?
(a) Starting a maid service.
(b) Killing her stepmom.
(c) Being rescued.
(d) Being a painter.
9. How are the characters identified in the second part of "Symbiosis"?
(a) Their disease.
(b) Their color.
(c) Their initials.
(d) Their full names.
10. Who is Ms. Mary Muffet in the story "Caught in Her Own Web"?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A spider.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A teacher.
11. What happens when the Scavenger Fish quits her job?
(a) The fish die.
(b) Fishermen invade the lake.
(c) The fish act strangly.
(d) The ocea becomes gray.
12. What happens to the people on the island after the man leaves in the story "Attachment"?
(a) They cry.
(b) They go with him.
(c) They die.
(d) They cut off their cords.
13. How does Cinderella's stepmom begin her speech in "Cinderella: An Address Delivered to the National Association of Family Therapists by Cinderella's Stepmother"?
(a) She thanks the audience.
(b) She cries.
(c) She makes fun of Cinderella.
(d) She screams.
14. What happens to the flower at the end of the story "The Wallflower"?
(a) The owner clips her stems.
(b) She dies.
(c) She is worn in a lady's hat.
(d) She is pressed between a book.
15. Why does the woman feel the way she does at the start of "The Magic Ring"?
(a) Her mother died.
(b) Her boyfriend proposed.
(c) She murdered someone.
(d) Her husband left her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bacterium want to reclaim?
2. In "Narcissus", what do scientists discover?
3. Why does Moses want to include non-religious leaders in his document?
4. What do the men in "tradition" argue about?
5. How does the stepmom describe Cinderella?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)