|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of writing is the first part of "Symbiosis"?
2. Why does Moses want to include non-religious leaders in his document?
(a) He likes everyone.
(b) He hates everyone.
(c) He forgot to include them the first time.
(d) His conversations in "Tradition".
3. How do the dominoes try to avoid the panic?
(a) They run away.
(b) The cover their dots with glue.
(c) They fall down and play dead.
(d) They try to figure out a way to stop the chain reaction.
4. How are Jean and Jane similar?
(d) Shoe size.
5. Who makes sure the dishwasher is loaded right at the end of "Caught in Her Own Web"?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Mrs. Peacock.
(c) Ms. Muffett.
(d) Mr. Brown.
6. What type of regression does the author claim humans are experiencing in Part 4?
7. How does the man feel about the island in "Attachment" initially?
(a) He loves it.
(b) Hates it.
(d) He finds it boring.
8. What happens to the flower at the end of the story "The Wallflower"?
(a) She is worn in a lady's hat.
(b) She dies.
(c) The owner clips her stems.
(d) She is pressed between a book.
9. What is the result of the first day of the plan in "Narcissus"?
(a) No one sees a change.
(b) Everything goes smoothly.
(c) Everyone dies.
(d) Everything goes wrong.
10. Who gives the woman in "The Magic Ring" the ring?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
11. In "Narcissus", what do scientists discover?
(a) The light bulb.
(b) A new species of spider.
(c) The ability to create life from scratch.
(d) A volcano.
12. What are the dominoes in a panic about?
(a) They look the same.
(c) Being played with.
(d) Losing their dots.
13. What does the Virus think the Bacterium does not understand?
(b) The glory of love.
(d) What it means to be compatible.
14. Why does the author give this story the title "Narcissus"?
(a) It shows scientists are narcissistic.
(b) It shows politicians are narcissistic.
(c) It shows humans are narcissistic.
(d) Narcissus is the name of a flower.
15. When does the stepmom meet Cinderella's father?
(a) At her 40th birthday.
(b) In the winter.
(c) At midnight.
(d) After her first husband died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in "Caught in Her Own Web" when a bug is caught in the web?
2. How does Cinderella's stepmom feel before she meets Cinderella's father?
3. What is the purpose of the document Moses goes to sign in "Tradition"?
4. How are Jean and Jane different?
5. What are the men in "Tradition" not judged by?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)