|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the flower in "The Wallflower" try and make herself more attractive?
(a) So she can be in a wedding bouquet.
(b) So she will be picked.
(c) So the shop owner will like her.
(d) So she can be in a parade.
2. What, at the start of "Symbiosis", does the Virus argue?
(a) That Money is a bad painter.
(b) He cannot exist without Bacterium.
(c) That jumping is silly.
(d) That drinking is bad for his health.
3. In the story "Jean and Jane", how do Jean and Jane know each other?
(b) Mother and daughter.
(d) Aunt and cousin.
4. In "Narcissus", what happens on the second day of the plan?
(a) The spiders take over.
(b) There is no change.
(c) Everything stops.
(d) Everything goes smoothly.
5. How does the stepmom react to Cinderella's father's interest in her?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is confident.
(d) She is angry.
6. What is the result of the first day of the plan in "Narcissus"?
(a) No one sees a change.
(b) Everything goes smoothly.
(c) Everyone dies.
(d) Everything goes wrong.
7. Who debates his idea of psychoanalysis in "Tradition"?
8. What happens to the flower at the end of the story "The Wallflower"?
(a) She is worn in a lady's hat.
(b) She dies.
(c) The owner clips her stems.
(d) She is pressed between a book.
9. What happens to the people on the island after the man leaves in the story "Attachment"?
(a) They cry.
(b) They die.
(c) They go with him.
(d) They cut off their cords.
10. What does Cinderella dream of?
(a) Being a painter.
(b) Being rescued.
(c) Killing her stepmom.
(d) Starting a maid service.
11. What happens when the Scavenger Fish quits her job?
(a) The fish die.
(b) Fishermen invade the lake.
(c) The fish act strangly.
(d) The ocea becomes gray.
12. What does Bacterium want to reclaim?
(a) His native language.
(b) His luggage.
(c) His identity.
(d) His single status.
13. Why does the author give this story the title "Narcissus"?
(a) It shows scientists are narcissistic.
(b) Narcissus is the name of a flower.
(c) It shows politicians are narcissistic.
(d) It shows humans are narcissistic.
14. What is so rare about the web in "Caught in Her Own Web"?
(a) The web is magical.
(b) The web can't catch bugs.
(c) The web is perfect.
(d) The web is pink.
15. Who gives the woman in "The Magic Ring" the ring?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Attachment", how does the man arrive on the tropical island?
2. Why does the owner of the flower shop put the flower in "The Wallflower" behind all of the others?
3. In the story ""The Lesson", what is the woman doing before being beaten?
4. Who are the two silent accomplices in "The Lesson"?
5. How does the spider in "Caught in Her Own Web" die?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)