|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the bird couple in "Soaring" feel about their youngest?
2. What happens to the plant at the end of "An American Holly"?
(a) It cries.
(b) It walks away.
(c) It comes back to life.
(d) It dies.
3. What, according to Oedipus, has external knowledge buried?
(a) Acceptance of nature.
4. Who is the first family in "Raising Cain: A Case History of the First Family"?
(a) The Clinton family.
(b) The Bush family.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) Adam, Eve, Cain, and Able.
5. What animal is the moth confused by in "Round in Circles"?
(a) A fly.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bear.
(d) A fish.
6. What is the man in the "The Bridge" responsible for?
(a) Saving his business.
(b) Getting supper on the table.
(c) Saving someone's life.
(d) His family.
7. What do Faust and Oedipus want humans to realize?
(a) The truth.
(b) War is good.
(c) The world is ending.
(d) Books are important.
8. Why does the man in "An American Holly" move the plant?
(a) It is blocking the TV.
(b) It needs more space.
(c) It belongs in the trash.
(d) It needs sunlight.
9. What does the man in "The Power of Belief," try to convince people of?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He is a horse.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is wealthy.
10. What, according to Cassandra, does the human race rely on?
11. What is the youngest bird unable to do at the start of "Soaring"?
12. What challenge did Edwin H. Friedman face in writing his fables?
(a) He was sued by his ex-wife.
(b) He was lazy.
(c) The editors wanted to revise them.
(d) He could not find the source of his fables.
13. What does baby bird leave forever at the end of "Soaring"?
(a) The birdhouse.
(b) His nest.
(d) The earth.
14. What does Faust want people to ignore to gain inspiration?
(b) The future.
(c) The past.
(d) The lakes.
15. What does baby bird hope to do to himself by punishing his parents?
(a) Find a girlfriend.
(b) Injure himself.
(c) Choke on a worm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does communication depend on in "The Failure of Syntax"?
2. What does the family doctor ask the man in "The Power of Belief"?
3. How do the people who treat the man in "The Power of Belief" feel after speaking with the man?
4. Who does the man in "The Power of Belief" see in order to fix him?
5. What does the doctor think about Billy in "Projection"?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)