|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people treat John because of his nervous condition?
(a) They are oversenstive to his needs.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They make sure he never takes a taxi.
(d) They buy him umbrellas.
2. Who does Cassandra agree with at the end of the Interlude?
(b) Her father.
(d) No one.
3. In "The Bridge" what must the man do so he won't lose a long awaited opportunity?
(a) Bribe the mayor.
(b) Fight a caged lion.
(c) Act immediately.
4. What happens to the person the man encounters on the bridge?
(a) She marries.
(b) He is a ghost.
(c) She finds her mother.
(d) He dies.
5. What does the doctor think about Billy in "Projection"?
(a) Billy is angry.
(b) Billy is normal.
(c) Billy is sad.
(d) Billy is dying.
6. How does the other animal in "Round in Circles", react to the moth's advice?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He covers his ears and sings "lalala!"
(c) He takes it.
(d) He shouts "Tais-toi!"
7. What lessons do the morals in Part 2 encourage?
(d) Good marriage.
8. How does the person the man encounters on the bridge feel the man is acting?
9. Who writes the report in "Raising Cain: A Case History of the First Family"?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A social worker.
(d) A student.
10. At the end of "Nervous Condition", how does John's wife attack him?
(a) She steps on his nerves.
(b) With words.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a bat.
11. How does baby bird feel towards his parents in "Soaring"?
12. Who is Oedipus?
(a) A bar keeper.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A man who kills his father.
(d) A painter.
13. What does baby bird hope to do to himself by punishing his parents?
(a) Find a girlfriend.
(c) Injure himself.
(d) Choke on a worm.
14. What is the other animal in "Round in Circles" trying to get out of?
(a) A pond.
(b) A bag.
(c) A cage.
(d) A window.
15. Who do baby bird's parents take their anger out on?
(b) Each other.
(c) The people standing beneath them.
(d) The other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Faust and Oedipus want humans to realize?
2. What is "The essential question of human existence" according to Faust?
3. What animal is the moth confused by in "Round in Circles"?
4. What do the lamb's friends say about her fear?
5. What is the youngest bird unable to do at the start of "Soaring"?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)