Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue, The Failure of Syntax, Fables 1 - 2
1. How does Edwin H. Friedman feel towards his publishers and editors and why?
2. What is Edwin H. Friedman's relationship to his characters?
3. What does Edwin H. Friedman mean by "The Failure of Syntax"?
4. What is the significance of the man crossing the bridge in the story of the "The Bridge"?
5. Why does the man on the rope in "The Bridge" think the first man is being selfish?
6. How is John treated...
This section contains 932 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)