Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Prologue, The Failure of Syntax, Fables 1 - 2
1. What challenge did Edwin H. Friedman face in writing his fables?
2. Who does the author claim he feels protective over in the Prologue?
3. In "The Failure of Syntax", what does Edwin H. Friedman claim communication does not depend on?
4. What does communication depend on in "The Failure of Syntax"?
5. What does Edwin H. Friedman claim "real figures of speech" are based on?
6. In "The Bridge" what must the man do so he won't lose a long awaited opportunity?
7. Who does the man encounter in "The Bridge" when he crosses the bridge?
8. What does the person whom the man encounters on the bridge ask him...
This section contains 2,117 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)