|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Reptilian Regressions, Fables 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the screen on the forehead in "Narcissus"?
(a) It shows television all the time.
(b) It shows what humans are thinking.
(c) It shields humans from spiders.
(d) It protects the scientists from light.
2. What is the result of the first day of the plan in "Narcissus"?
(a) No one sees a change.
(b) Everything goes smoothly.
(c) Everyone dies.
(d) Everything goes wrong.
3. What do Faust and Oedipus want humans to realize?
(a) Books are important.
(b) The truth.
(c) The world is ending.
(d) War is good.
4. What causes John's wife to change the way she treats her husband in "Nervous Condition"?
(a) John loses his job.
(b) John has an affair.
(c) A dog with her puppies.
(d) A cat with her kittens.
5. Who writes the report in "Raising Cain: A Case History of the First Family"?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A student.
(d) A social worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are most of the bird couples' children able to do in "Soaring"?
2. When does the man cut back the holly a second time?
3. What, at the start of "Symbiosis", does the Virus argue?
4. Who is the first family in "Raising Cain: A Case History of the First Family"?
5. According to Faust, what is external, objective knowledge good for?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)